Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Well, maybe now I will have to be an optimist too! :)
    On the other hand, there is this sobering report....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rt/ar-AA108oCo

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
      I tend to agree with Pargat, though I do admire those more optimistic. We cannot even avoid taking airplanes to play in meaningless chess tournaments in India, so how are we going to expect people to do anything serious about the problems? Mass population reduction is, as I have been saying all along here, the only solution. And it will happen one way or the other, the only question is whether we will do it intelligently and voluntarily, or not. The pandemic was our last possible chance to wake up, we failed horribly. We have sealed our fate.

One of the things I had on my bucket list was a trip to St. Andrews, Scotland, to see the first golf course ever on the planet earth. I will forsake this ambition now in the name of the climate change issue. I will not have this on MY conscience, will YOU?
      Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
      Mass population reduction is, as I have been saying all along here, the only solution.
      Well, Brad, it appears the WEF puppet Governments around the World agree with you! The author of this open letter to a UK MP sums it up nicely
      replete with references.
      https://expose-news.com/2022/07/30/g...-and-omission/

Comment

• Thanks Sid.

Understand that I develop ALL of my opinions completely independently of any media or any opinion of anyone else. I have been thinking this way since I was a child. It is not as if all of this just "dawned on me" with the advent of the inter-propaganda-net and You-propaganda-Tube. The various "theories" mean nothing to me.

We are all totally fucked, sorry, but that is it.

Comment

• Guys...........the word is........ "miracle"!

Now I'm not sayin' that should make you do a 180 degree term from dire pessimist to realistic optimist. Just that I do believe the future is open, and despite our best calculation of future odds, there can be events which the computer cannot anticipate or take into account.

But I do agree that the situation is now so dire, that I feel my "hope' is getting very close to just "wishful thinking".

But it is a real pain in the butt to have humanity depending on a miracle to avoid species suicide.

Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Yes, Bob, I do agree, and I am on record as suggesting that a miracle in for form of ET/JC may be coming. I agree that the future is open. But we need this miracle very soon. I suspect it will require a change in the laws of nature with respect to Karma. we will enter a new paradigm of more instant karma. Try to punch me in the nose and your fist will hit your own face, try to shoot me with a gun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              Guys...........the word is........ "miracle"!

Now I'm not sayin' that should make you do a 180 degree term from dire pessimist to realistic optimist. Just that I do believe the future is open, and despite our best calculation of future odds, there can be events which the computer cannot anticipate or take into account.

But I do agree that the situation is now so dire, that I feel my "hope' is getting very close to just "wishful thinking".

But it is a real pain in the butt to have humanity depending on a miracle to avoid species suicide.

Bob A (T-S/P)
              Bob I heard all of this 16 years ago in an Inconvenient Truth. Not one of his predictions came true. The fact of the matter is the sea level goes up about 1.9Mm a year and it's been that way for the last 140+ years. https://news.climate.columbia.edu/wp...5/SLR-NOAA.jpg
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 10.07.17 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	204.6 KB ID:	220808

To sit here and pontificate that the World is coming to an end based on the idea that CO2 is the control panel to all of this is also bullshit.
              https://www.sott.net/article/420049-...d-fossil-fuels

If you and Brad think depopulation is such a great solution then bro...you first!

Comment

• Hi Sid:

I almost did on Friday............10 second heart delay...........but I guess the powers that be (Wherever) want me around when we reach the "tipping point" about Jan1, 2031.....they gave me a pace-maker that Friday and sent me home on Sat., in order to be able to continue to warn on ChessTalk of the coming human species suicide!

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• The World Meteorological Organization and UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction report that deaths due to natural disasters have decreased by more than half (from around 50,000 to around 20,000) over the past 50 years...we seem to be coping well so far...(even as we find meaning in our worldwide recreational activities, in reference to an earlier post)
                  Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 31st July, 2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    Hi Sid:

I almost did on Friday............10 second heart delay...........but I guess the powers that be (Wherever) want me around when we reach the "tipping point" about Jan1, 2031.....they gave me a pace-maker that Friday and sent me home on Sat., in order to be able to continue to warn on ChessTalk of the coming human species suicide!

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                    Stay well, Bob!

Comment

• Hang in there Bob, the world needs boys like you at a time like this!!

Comment

Hang in there Bob, the world needs boys like you at a time like this!!
                        Why?

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                        Mass population reduction is, as I have been saying all along here, the only solution. And it will happen one way or the other, the only question is whether we will do it intelligently and voluntarily, or not.
                        Isn't Bob A a perfect candidate for your MPR (Mass Population Reduction)?

You know ... survival of the fittest and all of that jazz, ha!

Comment

• When I say "intelligently and voluntarily" my intent is to suggest that we choose not to have children, not that we off ourselves.

Comment

When I say "intelligently and voluntarily" my intent is to suggest that we choose not to have children, not that we off ourselves.
                            That's one in the same.

Comment

• No.

If we had one tenth of the population then all of us could have ten times the carbon footprint on average and we would have the same total as we do now. It seems to me that part of a reasonably strategy to combat climate change would be to seek to intelligently and voluntarily reduce the population. However there is one serious problem with this approach, the capitalists will not like it because it will mean ending this exploitive economic system which only works if it grows. But the planet is of a limited size and it does not grow along with our population and economy. Thus sooner or later the system will be unsustainable, and to be sure it already is.

I repeat, we are all fucked. The worst problem of all is the fact that so few of us realize it.

Comment

No.

However there is one serious problem with this approach, the capitalists will not like it because it will mean ending this exploitive economic system which only works if it grows. But the planet is of a limited size and it does not grow along with our population and economy.
                                The so called 'capitalists' cannot do any mischief unless the government (where the power to do mischief really lies, as Sid would provide loads of evidence for) is hand in hand with them... and the real problem is that the govenments of all stripes love 'capitalists' exploiting the society, as that increases the source of their tax revenues (and tax revenues is what translates into power for the governments)... and ofcourse we should never underestimate the extent of direct and indirect bribery governing government mischief...
                                Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 31st July, 2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X