Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Yep, sloppy.

At least Taylor Hall has found his game!

And the Kraken have risen!

Can all 8 first-round series go to 7 games? What are the mathematical odds of that?

No team has been eliminated yet .... amazing.

Comment

Boston Bruins ended our 82 game season with fresh NHL and franchise records ... 65 wins 135 points !!!

Only 12 losses in regulation ... are you serious? 12 losses in regulation??? 12?

Won't be surprised if we sweep the entire playoffs, ha !!!

Just watched the 2nd and 3rd periods of Boston - Florida game 6 .... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Going to game 7 ... UNBELIEVABLE!

Well ... except that I predicted to myself that this series would go 7. Even after Boston went up 3 games to 1, I still knew Florida would take it to the limit.

All of Boston's records this season are meaningless. The Bruins are NOT a worthy team of those records. They are a better than average team, that is the best that can be said. Their top goalie now looks like he's washed up. Their old stars look ... very old. They have a good new nucleus in DeBrusk, Pasternak, McAvoy, but many other teams have just as good.

This is ripe for a total upset. Florida was last year's top team ... they know how to win.

Comment

Grandmasterov, what is happening to your boys? Sloppy in their own end, mortal goaltending, good opposition... I still like the Bruins in game seven.

Comment

Meh ... typical Bruins cup run.

You kiddies need schooling of our EPIC playoff run back when we last won the cup in 2011 ... I think, yes ... you do.

1st round ... 7 games against Montreal.
          2nd round ... swept the Flyers.
          3rd round ... 7 games against the Lightening.
          Stanley Cup final round ... 7 games against the Canucks !!!

And of that team ... Bergeron and Marchand are back at it again here in 2023 !!!

DON'T
          POKE
          THE
          BEAR !!!

History repeats itself, ha!

Class dismissed.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 29th April, 2023, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Meh ... typical Bruins cup run.

You kiddies need schooling of our EPIC playoff run back when we last won the cup in 2011 ... I think, yes ... you do.

1st round ... 7 games against Montreal.
            2nd round ... swept the Flyers.
            3rd round ... 7 games against the Lightening.
            Stanley Cup final round ... 7 games against the Canucks !!!

And of that team ... Bergeron and Marchand are back at it again here in 2023 !!!

DON'T
            POKE
            THE
            BEAR !!!

History repeats itself, ha!

Class dismissed.

I do predict Boston to win Game 7 and I WANT them to win game 7 against Florida. Nothing against Florida, but I really want a second-round Boston-Toronto series. Please, not another Florida - Tampa Bay series .... yech ....

Comment

Dallas outplayed Minnesota in five of the six games, getting very unlucky in the first game that the Wild won in overtime. Minnesota is a bad team that clearly bullied their way through the regular season with intimidation and violence rather than hockey. Years ago, the league instructed the referees to allow this shit, but it does not work that way anymore. Penalties killed any chance the Wild might have had, and once they cleaned up their game they were hopelessly outmatched when it came to talent. But I am not especially impressed with Dallas, they DID allow themselves to be intimidated, and I do not think that they work hard enough overall. They will need to pick up their work ethic if they want to continue advancing. They do skate very well and their power-play is lethal. I hope they play Colorado in the next round rather than Seattle, and for several reasons. First, I attended a game in Dallas against Colorado back in early March. Second, Nathan McKinnon is the second-best player in the game. And third, the Kraken home uniforms are ghastly.

Comment

Dallas is looking good. Boston should never have traded Sequin. Bruins' David Pastrnak is easily the NHL's 2nd best player, no doubt.

Crazy how all these 1st RD series are going.

Go Bruins Go!!!

Comment

Bruins' David Pastrnak is easily the NHL's 2nd best player, no doubt.
                  The dude is a hell of a hockey player, but I think that if the Colorado manager called the Boston manager and offered McKinnon in return, one for one, the answer would be yes. I do hope your boys win it tonight, the Leafs against the Bruins is an exciting prospect. A Dallas-Boston final would be insane!!
                  Last edited by Brad Thomson; Sunday, 30th April, 2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Well, well, well, Grandmasterov?! Your boys stunk in their own end, they STUNK. And your fans are a disgrace, booing their team early in the game, allowing the building to go dead quiet, then only jumping on the bandwagon once the players came back no thanks to them. Someone needs to tell the small tame bruins that the playoffs are NOT the regular season. Enjoy the golf course, see you next year. Go Leafs Go!! Dallas over the Leafs in six games for the Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                      Well, well, well, Grandmasterov?! Your boys stunk in their own end, they STUNK. And your fans are a disgrace, booing their team early in the game, allowing the building to go dead quiet, then only jumping on the bandwagon once the players came back no thanks to them. Someone needs to tell the small tame bruins that the playoffs are NOT the regular season. Enjoy the golf course, see you next year. Go Leafs Go!! Dallas over the Leafs in six games for the Cup.

I wonder how the major sports betting sites have been affected by these 2 major upsets. Do they offer bets on the winner of an individual series? If they do, I'm kicking myself that I didn't bet on Florida. I literally felt in my bones they would win the series, but I guess I wanted Boston to face Toronto so I didn't make a bet.

Next time I get that feeling, I'm betting. I didn't have that feeling about Colorado, I thought Edmonton would be the team to put them away.

Leafs will be much harder on Florida that the Bruins were. Having watched game 6 and 7 of the Bruins-Panthers, I was truly shocked how bad Boston was playing. There was no fire. I think their regular season was too easy on them and they were lulled into a false sense of security.

EDIT: an Edmonton - Florida Cup finals would be amazing in one respect: the most northwestern team in the league versus the most southeastern team ("Florida" plays out of Miami).

QUESTION: when a team scores after pulling their goalie for an extra attacker, is that considered a "power play" goal?
                      Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Monday, 1st May, 2023, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                        QUESTION: when a team scores after pulling their goalie for an extra attacker, is that considered a "power play" goal?
                        No. (Unless of course the opponent is a man short.)

Speaking of betting, I wish I had made one too. The year that Vegas entered the league I told many people that they would win the Stanley Cup. I was wrong, they lost in the finals. I am sure I would have made that bet too, had I been a gambler, which I am not. It was easy to predict based upon the drafts they were allowed to make. I said going into the season that if they do not win the Cup their manager should be fired for incompetence.

Now, here is something else. In our language we pluralize the nouns and the verbs, not the adjectives and the adverbs. Yet, every hockey announcer, every written word, every everything and everyone always says/writes "game sevens" instead of "games seven", "game sixes" instead of "games six" and so on. Yet these are paid professionals who are supposed to be able to intelligently speak the language??? Most announcers do say "holes in one" rather than "hole in ones", most announcers do say "Governors General" instead of "Governor Generals", most announcers do say "courts martial" instead of "court martials", so what the hell is the problem when it comes to hockey?

Pargat, I agree with what you say about Boston. They did lack the fire in the belly, they went through the motions as if they thought it would be a cakewalk. I was very surprised at how badly they played in their own end. If anyone is to blame, it is the coaching it seems to me. This is fantastic news for Toronto, who now have a good shot at losing to Dallas in the finals.

Comment

rangers suck
                          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Panthers - Leafs game 1 .... first period .... Morgan Reilly has the puck in the Florida end and charges towards the net ....

He runs into the linesman!

Reilly goes down, the linesman stays on his skates, hardly budges! LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Pargat, I agree with what you say about Boston. They did lack the fire in the belly, they went through the motions as if they thought it would be a cakewalk. I was very surprised at how badly they played in their own end. If anyone is to blame, it is the coaching it seems to me. This is fantastic news for Toronto, who now have a good shot at losing to Dallas in the finals.
                                Montgomery should've been fired today.

After game 5ive I was watching and waiting for some sort coaching strategy analyzing Panther's weaknesses ... but nope!

Be surprised if the Bergy and some others come back to play for this guy next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X