Smyslov R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smyslov R.I.P.

J'ai lu qu'il avait vécu les dernières années dans la pauvreté.

Scandaleux. Un grand champion comme lui. D'autres champions sportifs ont plus de chance.

Re: Smyslov R.I.P.

Originally posted by Denis Gauthier View Post
    Il ne faut pas croire tout ce qu"on lit, sinon vaut mieux ne pas lire.

Comment

Scandaleux. Un grand champion comme lui. D'autres champions sportifs ont plus de chance.
      Dans le programme d'Ilioumjinov de 1996 pour l'élection à la présidence de la FIDE, on trouve ce qui suit: "Assistance will be provided to chess players who make a significant contribution to the advancement of the art of chess. The first steps in this direction HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE. A $1000 pension has been approved for former champion Vasily Smyslov."
      Si cela est confirmé, Smyslov a bien vécu sa fin de vie sur le plan matériel, même en supposant qu'il n'avait aucune autre source de revenus ce qui serait fort étonnant. 1000$US par mois en Russie c'est très suffisant pour vivre confortablement.

Comment

Lu sur TWIC

Former World Chess Champion Vasily Vasilyevich Smyslov (March 24, 1921 - March 27, 2010) has died at the age of 89.

Smyslov was the 7th World Chess Champion in 1957-8. He was a top 10 player between 1940 and 1970, the top player 1953-1958 and remained in the top 100 until 1990 when he was 70. A reknowned positional and endgame player he nevertheless played all sorts of positions throughout his career.

Sadly reports from Moscow suggest that his final years were lived in poverty and that he had been ill for some time before his final admission to hospital.

Comment

Lu sur TWIC

Former World Chess Champion Vasily Vasilyevich Smyslov (March 24, 1921 - March 27, 2010) has died at the age of 89.

Smyslov was the 7th World Chess Champion in 1957-8. He was a top 10 player between 1940 and 1970, the top player 1953-1958 and remained in the top 100 until 1990 when he was 70. A reknowned positional and endgame player he nevertheless played all sorts of positions throughout his career.

Sadly reports from Moscow suggest that his final years were lived in poverty and that he had been ill for some time before his final admission to hospital.
          La "pauvreté" est un concept relatif. La "Pauvreté" de l'un peut être une situation tout à fait confortable pour un autre. On en saura sans doute plus dans une éventuelle biographie définitive. En tous cas la "pauvreté" de Smyslov ne l'a pas empêché d'atteindre un âge vénérable, même s"il a été malade avant de mourir, ce qui, avouons-le, n'est pas vraiment exceptionnel.

Comment

Working...
          X