Are NAYCC titles to be awarded this week at 84th FIDE Congress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are NAYCC titles to be awarded this week at 84th FIDE Congress?

This week is the 84th FIDE Congress, does anyone know if the titles from 2013 NAYCC will be awarded during this time. I believe the congress ends on October 10, 2013.

Re: Are NAYCC titles to be awarded this week at 84th FIDE Congress?

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
    This week is the 84th FIDE Congress, does anyone know if the titles from 2013 NAYCC will be awarded during this time. I believe the congress ends on October 10, 2013.
    Hi Andrei, I noticed a report on another forum that implied such NAYCC titles (and other things like an FA title) would be confirmed at a meeting of the Executive Board on October 7th-8th. I figure Hal will report after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Hi Andrei, I noticed a report on another forum that implied such NAYCC titles (and other things like an FA title) would be confirmed at a meeting of the Executive Board on October 7th-8th. I figure Hal will report after that.
      Hi Aris,

The list with new titles is published but none from NAYCC. I guess we will need to wait for Hal to come back and let us know.

Meanwhile, congratulation to the newest Canadian FIDE Arbiter Ouimet Bernard!

Comment

Hi Aris,

The list with new titles is published but none from NAYCC. I guess we will need to wait for Hal to come back and let us know.

Meanwhile, congratulation to the newest Canadian FIDE Arbiter Ouimet Bernard!
        I have to presume that should be Bernard Ouimet? :)

I am sure FIDE has firstname/lastname confusion - especially since (I think!) the Chinese players often are listed family name first (Hou Yifan)
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          I have to presume that should be Bernard Ouimet? :)

I am sure FIDE has firstname/lastname confusion - especially since (I think!) the Chinese players often are listed family name first (Hou Yifan)
          Kerry,

Your presumption that Ouimet Bernard is the same person as Bernard Ouimet - is totally ridiculous!!! :-)

Comment

It is not a finished deal. Read this http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...3404#post23404
            the Qualification Commission of FIDE approved these titles from the NAYCC. The CFC must now contact the players to secure payment, and then request the titles which FIDE will in turn award. The list below is the amount FIDE charges us, which may be subject to a modest admin fee.
            Thus, open your purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
              ... I figure Hal will report after that.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	26ardo5195-120x120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	185592

Hal and one of his fans!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1086[/ATTACH]

Hal and one of his fans!
                Garry Kasparov Announces Candidacy for FIDE President

Click image for larger version

Name:	GK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	185593

Comment

The titles for the US players are listed on the FIDE site

http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=25006711
                  http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2049929
                  http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2029618

The Canadian players are still waiting.

Comment

Re : Re: Are NAYCC titles to be awarded this week at 84th FIDE Congress?

From the CFC online meeting :

Originally posted by Lyle Craver View Post
                    I've been requested to post this from our FIDE rep:

FIDE Report: Sunday, October-06-13

This report comes to you from the 84 FIDE Congress in Tallinn, Estonia. The Commissions have completed their meetings and the Congress begins tomorrow (October 7), so I may have more to report during the Governors’ meeting
                    Garry Kasparov is here. We met briefly today and I was invited to a reception tomorrow evening “dedicated to the 2014 FIDE Presidential Election”. More surprising is the uncertainty surrounding the intentions of the incumbent, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.

Since my last report, GM Anton Kovalyov has been successfully transferred to Canada and is eligible to play for Canada in the Olympiad next year. Welcome aboard Anton!

The NAYCC was successfully organized in Toronto this past August by the Chess n’ Math Association. Congratulations to Francis Rodrigues and his team for organizing this challenging event with record attendance. IA Aris Marghetis was the Chief Arbiter and did an excellent job. I attended as FIDE Observer and Chair of the Appeals Committee. On October 3 FIDE confirmed that following Canadian players are eligible for titles:

WCM:
                    Maili-Jade Ouellet (ID # 2620472)
                    Jeannie Zhang (ID # 2615959)
                    Qiyu Zhou (ID # 505161)
                    Harmony Zhu (ID # 2617595)
                    Mysha Gilani (ID # 2618966)

CM:
                    Joseph Bellissimo (ID # 2609843)
                    Jeffrey Xu (ID # 2617110)
                    Sergey Noritsyn (ID # 2616408)
                    Rohan Talukdar (ID # 2616378)
                    Eugene Hua (ID # 2618150)
                    Kevin Low (ID # 2618699)

WFM:
                    Alexandra Botez (ID # 2603365)

FM:
                    Yuanchen Zhang (ID # 2611902)

Congratulations to these players and to Quebec Arbiter Bernard Ouimet, whose FA application has been recommended for approval by the Executive Board, which meets on October 7-8. I have also been recommended as a Certified Lecturer for FIDE Arbiter Seminars.

Respectfully Submitted
                    Hal Bond
                    FIDE Zone 2.2 President and Delegate, Canada

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                    Hi Egis – the Qualification Commission of FIDE approved these titles from the NAYCC. The CFC must now contact the players to secure payment, and then request the titles which FIDE will in turn award. The list below is the amount FIDE charges us, which may be subject to a modest admin fee.
                    (Woman) Grandmaster: 330 Euro
                    (Woman) International Master: 165 Euro
                    (Woman) FIDE Master: 70 Euro
                    (Woman) Candidate Master: 50 Euro
                    International Arbiter: 100 Euro
                    FIDE Arbiter: 50 Euro
                    International Organizer: 100 Euro
                    FIDE Instructor: 100 Euro
                    FIDE Trainer: 200 Euro
                    FIDE Senior Trainer: 300 Euro
                    National Instructor 50 Euro
                    Developmental Instructor 50 Euro

The partisan battle for the elected Chair of the Electoral Commission did not materialise in the end, and Margaret Murphy of the USVI was elected unanimously.

Some other interesting changes are coming. FIDE will merge online rapid and blitz ratings with OTB rapid and blitz by January 2014 or sooner on their online arena. G/60 will be FIDE rateable for all players in July 2014 and a FIDE rating will be obtained after 5 games instead of 9, which was surprisingly found to be more accurate by statistician Jeff Sonas. His presentation was fascinating and I have the powerpoint file if anyone wants a copy. You may also be surprised by his inflation / deflation findings.

Comment

Working...
                    X