FIDE Presidential Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FIDE Presidential Elections

What you are referring to is an unsolicited email i received from a governor/voting member. Technically you are correct in that it could be considered a contact but it did not involve any prior or future plans, It was as I said purely an informational email I received unsolicited.

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    This is difficult to reconcile with the following:

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...-CFC-Executive
    Posted May 30th, 2014 by Sid Belzberg

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      Well, sorry to disappoint you but although I have known Sasha for 30 years his involvement in this was indeed completely independent of mine. The first time I communicated with Sasha was in the last few days.
      Confirmed - 100% true.

Comment

Kasparov in Canada

Vlad, in this very thread you stated that you are aware Robert Hamilton is the person who can speak on behalf of Kasparov in Canada. Robert has contacted you several times and tried to arrange a call and you have given e-mail excuses and not agreed to speak with him.

You've also stated that the Kasparov campaign has not tried to reach you which, is an outright lie based on Robert's efforts.

The truth is that the Kasparov campaign has tried to speak with you on several occasions and for whatever reason you have made yourself completely unavailable. Instead you voted to endorse Kirsan without even listening to what the Kasparov campaign had to say.

As a President that is completely irresponsible and wreaks of pre-determination based on lack of complete information.

Sasha

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
          Kasparov in Canada

Vlad, in this very thread you stated that you are aware Robert Hamilton is the person who can speak on behalf of Kasparov in Canada. Robert has contacted you several times and tried to arrange a call and you have given e-mail excuses and not agreed to speak with him.

You've also stated that the Kasparov campaign has not tried to reach you which, is an outright lie based on Robert's efforts.

The truth is that the Kasparov campaign has tried to speak with you on several occasions and for whatever reason you have made yourself completely unavailable. Instead you voted to endorse Kirsan without even listening to what the Kasparov campaign had to say.

As a President that is completely irresponsible and wreaks of pre-determination based on lack of complete information.

Sasha
          I only had confirmation of Robert Hamilton being the official Kasparov representative in Canada yesterday though he may have sent something to the president at chess dot ca account which I don't use regularly. High ranking members of the Kasparov campaign claimed that we had not talked to anyone from their campaign. Either they are confused or not being truthful or simply didn't know Hal and other members of the executive had been talking to Robert or didn't recognize Robert as part of the campaign. He asked to speak to me yesterday after supper. I had relatives over. Today would not have worked. I am still firming up my schedule tomorrow. I have two kids that want lessons at the same time in the morning. There is no difference between talking to me yesterday vs tomorrow as nothing has changed or will have changed.

Edit: Unless of course there are more Globe and Mail type surprises.

Comment

Working...
          X