CFC Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: There once was a grassy knoll of snipers, firing in all directions at once...

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    As I said the first question is raising the money in order to execute the plan. That is the first question because without the money it ain't happening. Ask the incumbent if he has ambitious plans that are comparable, if yes from where is the money going to come?
    The volunteers with boots on the ground are more important than money. You can do a lot without money but without people willing to do the work to expand chess nothing will get done. All of Sasha's promises could come through easily if the rest of Canada were to send players to CYCC at the same rate as Windsor does. I am told that we are up to 28 Windsor players. If every Canadian community sent players in the same proportion there would be 4950 kids playing in CYCC. Let that sink in before you decide what I can and can't do.

I am not really worried about a lack of money as much as I am worried about about a lack of people willing to do the organization needed in order to hold tournaments and teach classes. You and your boy Kasparov have done damage to FIDE and to the CFC but I think that we are resilient and we will recover. While you take pot shots we will quietly go about our business and make things happen.

I think by focusing your attention on a relative nobody such as myself you have done untold damage to the Gary Kasparov campaign. I look on FIDEfirst.com and see that my comments from chesstalk and elsewhere are all over that site.

You guys are doing the same thing everywhere. South Africa being a case in point. The long time president of the chess federation was replaced by Kasparov loyalists. This cost the South African federation the sponsorship of the WYCC which was worth more than a million dollars in terms of U.S. money. The net result is that kids and their parents from around the world will have to pay to make up for this action of the Kasparov campaign. To add insult to injury three of the top executives recently resigned so the original president may be back after all though perhaps too late to change the FIDE delegate or regain the sponsorship. What will be the end result? One additional vote for Kasparov and a great deal of sponsorship money lost. Insertion of individuals into the South African federation who didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stick it out beyond the first few months of their multi-year term. In the end that one extra vote for Garry won't matter because he is going to lose in a landslide.

Comment

• Re: There once was a grassy knoll of snipers, firing in all directions at once...

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
      Lol, that's priceless!
      Mr. Barron is a man of many talents as mentioned before.
      He was kind enough to give me a stern lecture recently on
      a shenanigans initiated by a doofus Milky Wart from the ACC.
      We have no dog in this election fight, but as I told Mr. Barron,
      "A cat may look at a king!"
      I don't dislike him because he does some good things. There is still good in him. He is not a bad person but he is a difficult person. I have worked with even more difficult people successfully. I hope we can find a way to bury our differences and work together for the good of this game that we both love.

Comment

Working...
      X