CFC election nail biter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: idiots!!!

At the time this thread was created all three contested elections were tied or one vote apart. The title seems a bit ironic now.

Comment

And now ..............??

Comment

AGM Confidentiality: Voting?

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        And now ..............??
        Hi Vlad:

It's a tease..........polls don't close 'til 6:00 PM EDT Friday. And the vote counts are confidential while in process to my knowledge.

Maybe Vlad should be impeached for wandering into a grey area of breaching Incoming Voting Member AGM Confidentiality?? :D

I think this would at the very least deserve a new thread. What do you think, Nigel?

Bob A

Comment

Re: AGM Confidentiality: Voting?

Actually, any random person stopping by the CFC forums can see the current tallies.
          Christopher Mallon
          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            It's a tease..........polls don't close 'til 6:00 PM EDT Friday. And the vote counts are confidential while in process to my knowledge. Bob A
            The vote counts for each of the three elections are on the CFC forum, visible to all.

Comment

Hi Vlad:

It's a tease..........polls don't close 'til 6:00 PM EDT Friday. And the vote counts are confidential while in process to my knowledge.

Maybe Vlad should be impeached for wandering into a grey area of breaching Incoming Voting Member AGM Confidentiality?? :D

I think this would at the very least deserve a new thread. What do you think, Nigel?

Bob A
              I don't know about other common folk, but when I look at the voting booths I can see the counts... so it doesn't appear that
              the voting (totals at least) are in any way hidden. At this very moment, Drkulec 18 - Starr 4

I'm pretty sure I don't have any particular privileges at the CFC forum, so ...
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

... and at the time this thread was created, Germany-Brazil was going to be a nail biter too.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                  The vote counts for each of the three elections are on the CFC forum, visible to all.
                  In prior quarterly Voting Members Meetings, in votes, no voting member could see the totals until AFTER they had voted. And often, the names of those voting and how they voted were not shown....we had to wait for the official release by the CFC Secretary of the vote results. This way, a voter was not influenced by : the trend showing as voting progressed; by wishing to vote in tandem with some other particular voting member.

I think these were reasonable restrictions on the sharing of voting information, and made voting a more individual decision.:D

When was this theory tossed?? :( Am I mis-remembering how we used to vote (just this April)?

And now both the voters, before they vote, and the public, can see the votes in progress (the voters' names attached to those votes are still not seen)??

Was this a current executive decision, unanimously passed???

Bob A (former Class A Voting Member)
                  Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 9th July, 2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

In prior quarterly Voting Members Meetings, in votes, no voting member could see the totals until AFTER they had voted. And often, the names of those voting and how they voted were not shown....we had to wait for the official release by the CFC Secretary of the vote results. This way, a voter was not influenced by : the trend showing as voting progressed; by wishing to vote in tandem with some other particular voting member.

I think these were reasonable restrictions on the sharing of voting information, and made voting a more individual decision.:D

When was this theory tossed?? :( Am I mis-remembering how we used to vote (just this April)?

And now not only the voters can see the votes in progress, and the voters' names attached to those votes, but the public can as well? Was this a current executive decision, unanimously passed???

One can only see the total votes for each candidate - there is no way I can find to see WHO voted for a specific candidate...
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Bob, no one tells you anything!
                      You've been demoted to Class C.
                      Go to the back of the class!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                        One can only see the total votes for each candidate - there is no way I can find to see WHO voted for a specific candidate...
                        Hi Kerry:

Because all this was news to me, I went and looked...and it is as you say. So I accordingly amended my post you duplicated above.

Bob A

Comment

The C Class

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                          Bob, no one tells you anything!
                          You've been demoted to Class C.
                          Go to the back of the class!
                          Hi Vlad:

Nobody tells me anything now.....but neither did they when I was CFC Public Relations Coordinator (in fact, it seems I was always the last to be told)!

As for the C Class...........noooooo.......that's the rating class I've been having to keep climbing out of over the course of this past year. And I'm back in the B Class (barely...1645). Don't send me back down there! :(

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                            If you idiots don't stop making reference to bribery as though it has already been proved in court, I will simply close this thread. You are grown up people and you can make your arguments without making libel an issue for this Discussion Board.

signed,

p*ssed off Moderator.
                            Hmm. A precedent for the use of verbal abuse... and from the moderator??? Your credibility continues to slip, Nigel.
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

And now both the voters, before they vote, and the public, can see the votes in progress (the voters' names attached to those votes are still not seen)??

Was this a current executive decision, unanimously passed???

As far as I know there have been no changes to the voting booth in the time that I have been a governor/President for a total of three years. The Executive have not changed a thing. I have always been able to monitor the progress of votes. I'm glad that federal or provincial elections don't run this long.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                                As far as I know there have been no changes to the voting booth in the time that I have been a governor/President for a total of three years. The Executive have not changed a thing. I have always been able to monitor the progress of votes. I'm glad that federal or provincial elections don't run this long.
                                Hi Vlad:

As far as I recollect, you could only monitor the progress of votes AFTER you had yourself voted. If you clicked "View Poll Results" without having yet voted, I think you were told you did not have access.

Is this not correct?

Could our CFC Secretary, Lyle, or our CFC Discussion Forums Moderator, Chris Mallon, confirm what was the situation during the April On-line Quarterly Meeting, on this point?

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                                X