CFC election nail biter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC election nail biter....

So far the race is closer than expected. Could the Kasparov backed insurgents win?

Re: CFC election nail biter....

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    So far the race is closer than expected. Could the Kasparov backed insurgents win?
    Voting Members have a chance to get out of the mess, built a new vibrant and vital organization: I've made myself with all my resources available!

Comment

Executive Election Voting - When ?

Hi Guys:

Has the voting now started in the CFC Incoming Voting Members AGM?

When do Polls close?

Bob Armstrong (no longer a Voting Member)

Comment

Re: Executive Election Voting - When ?

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Guys:

Has the voting now started in the CFC Incoming Voting Members AGM?

When do Polls close?

Bob Armstrong (no longer a Voting Member)
        Hi, Bob, polls close at 6PM Friday.

Comment

Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?

I haven’t posted much about the CFC elections. Here’s what I think about both candidates. I will be fully honest, so please don’t take it personally. Vlad is probably used to me being honest (we had our differences in the past and still kept a cordial relationship).

Sasha Starr :

What I like :
          - His plan is ambitious. Probably too much, but it still shows a will to improve the current state of the CFC.
          - His business experience
          - His contacts with the Kasparov Chess Foundation
          - He is backed by the CFC’s biggest sponsor.

What I do not like :
          - His recent attitude on Chesstalk
          - His lack of experience in the chess world.
          - He breached the CFC’s Board confidentiality by revealing....

Vlad Drkulec :

What I like:
          - He did a great job as a CFC President
          - Has lots of experience in the chess world, both as a governor/member of the executive, an organizer and a coach.
          - He helped stopping the haemorrhage at the CFC.
          - He was constantly helpful for many projects, such as the CYCC/CO.

What I do not like :
          - He supported the corrupted Ilyumzhinov administration, alienating the majority of chess players and possible sponsors.
          - No clear plan to increase the CFC membership, find legit sponsors or have chess taught to more kids (it doesn't mean it's not a priority, just that there was no details)

Overall, I believe both could be good presidents, although they have some weaknesses (don't we all? :) ).
          Last edited by Felix Dumont; Tuesday, 8th July, 2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
            I haven’t posted much about the CFC elections. Here’s what I think about both candidates. I will be fully honest, so please don’t take it personally. Vlad is probably used to me being honest (we had our differences in the past and still kept a cordial relation).

Sasha Starr :

What I like :
            - His plan is ambitious. Probably too much, but it still shows a will to improve the current state of the CFC.
            - His business experience
            - His contacts with the Kasparov Chess Foundation
            - He is backed by the CFC’s biggest sponsor.

What I do not like :
            - His lack of experience in the chess world.
            - He breached the CFC’s Board confidentiality by revealing ...

Vlad Drkulec :

What I like:
            - He did a great job as a CFC President
            - Has lots of experience in the chess world, both as a governor/member of the executive, an organizer and a coach.
            - He helped stopping the haemorrhage at the CFC.
            - He was constantly helpful for many projects, such as the CYCC/CO.

What I do not like :
            - He supported the corrupted Ilyumzhinov administration, alienating the majority of chess players and possible sponsors.
            - No clear plan to increase the CFC membership, find legit sponsors or have chess taught to more kids (it doesn't mean it's not a priority, just that there was no details)

Overall, I believe both could be good presidents, although they have some weaknesses (don't we all? :) ).
            Thank you, Felix!
            I do apologise for my recent attitude on Chess Talk. About the same time as I came back to Toronto from my trip in the middle of May I've learned about the deliberation of the CFC's management on the FIDE's vote. I couldn't believe it because to me it was a no brainer: Kasparov versus you know whom... I've refused to believe it and after registering here on the Chess Talk I was shocked... Mr. Drkulec, CFC's President, is very skillfully is working the people towards CFC's vote for Ilyumzhinov. About endorsing him - this issue was never even mentioned by anybody. That got my attention and I've started get involved. Then I've discovered that Hal Bond is heavily involved in it. Obviously he had a conflict of interest because of FIDE's tournaments where he's invited and paid as an arbiter. He told me that himself in January when I asked him about upcoming FIDE election and what does he think Canada should vote for. So he told me that he can not be impartial and will not get involved. All that made me extremely angry, and as I've said, I regret not to exercise a better control...
            Let me address the luck of experience. Before emigrating from Ukraine I was a Champion of the Odessa's District Armed Forces, married Nava Starr, an 8 times Canadian Chess Ladies' Champion, accompanied her to several Chess Olympiads and World Championships, was one of the organisers of the charity event in Toronto for Mr. Kasparov, even played one blitz game with him with Black pieces (the opening was 1.d4 c5, 2.d5 e5 3.c4 d6, and believe it or not - I had a satisfactory position after the opening. Obviously he was talking to a few people... however at one point he looked at the board, stopped talking and in a minute or two everything was done and over...
            About confidentiality: nobody told me about any confidentiality issue.

Potential libel (claims of bribery) have been deleted.

In the next three days the Governors/Voting Members will decide the future of chess in Canada. The damage is done - I'll do everything to fix it, and then will build with the help of Voting Members the vibrant and vital CFC. I know how the chess is organized in many countries and this together with my life/business experience and connections we'll succeed!
            Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 9th July, 2014, 11:13 AM. Reason: allegations of bribery may be libel

Comment

Shall I consult a lawyer? I am not talking about a defence attorney.

Comment

I'm having so much fun with the poisonous people
                Spreading rumours and lies and stories they made up

Some make you sing and some make you scream
                One makes you wish that you'd never been seen
                . - David Bowie, The Candidate
                Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 10th July, 2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                  Felix please remove your reference to a bribe.

Sasha remove your reference to a bribe and a criminal offense. You have crossed the line.
                  I did, although this is what it is.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?

Removing it and then asserting that it should be there is hardly a removal is it?
                    There is a lot of innuendo flying around and NONE of it is useful and almost all of it
                    is a case of 'he says' 'they said so and so said...'. What a crock.

I find it ironic that the CFC Presidential election presents as much choice as the FIDE election.
                    Where is 'none of the above' when you need him/her??
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Felix, how do you define a bribe?

Comment

Vlad is 8-4 in early polling.

I do not know if we should say that Spraggett has already called the election. The pic on his website is as expected in really poor taste!!

Comment

Originally posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
                          Vlad is 8-4 in early polling.

I do not know if we should say that Spraggett has already called the election. The pic on his website is as expected in really poor taste!!
                          Really poor taste - even for Spraggett... and that is saying something.
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Executive Election Voting - When ?

The Wikipedia definition is : "Bribery is an act of giving money or gift giving that alters the behavior of the recipient.[...]The bribe is the gift bestowed to influence the recipient's conduct. "
                            I think it fits perfectly the definition.
                            I'm not saying that any governor or member of the executive will make a personal profit out of it. What I don't like is that this money has likely changed the result of the vote.

In any case, as I pointed out, this is only one of your decisions. I do not intend to base my vote on the last month. The current executives have handled other cases pretty well, such as the RFP.

Comment

Maybe it's a bribe, or maybe its not. Sid Belzberg's constant dangling of "I'll sponsor chess again if you vote for Kasparov" amounts to the same thing.

Mr. Belzberg says there were initially no strings attached but that's now how his posts from May read. Vlad and the executive haven't yet disseminated the reasons for endorsing KI, and the sooner they do the better. The "debate" between Vlad and Robert Hamilton quickly got derailed by both sides into a mostly meaningless squabble.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X