• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open - round 4 pairings - section B

New pairings : http://echecsmontreal.ca/co/cocB/pairs4.html
    Standings : http://echecsmontreal.ca/co/cocB/standing.html

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open - round 4 pairings - section B

Where are the pairings for round 5?
      Last edited by Andy Shaw; Tuesday, 22nd July, 2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open - round 4 pairings - section B

The arbiters are still on site working. The pairings for B should definitely be up tomorrow AM.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open - round 4 pairings - section B

What do they work on? I don't understand. Plug in the results in a program and mission accomplished.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Canadian Open - round 4 pairings - section B

I certainly don't want to criticize the arduous work being done here and I'm sure everybody is doing his best... but there's definitely something wrong with the workflow.

And a classic before going back to bed:

Comment

This is very strange. Very embarrassing situation for these arbiters/organisers.

Comment

Hi Mr. Shaw.

Give the organizers a break.

Norm

Comment

Canadian Open : Pairings for round 5 : B section

http://echecsmontreal.ca/pairs5.html

Comment

Canadian Open : Pairings for round 5 : B section

Wow. You are dedicated. When do you sleep?

P.S. I have merged the two previous threads on Canadian Open pairings and I can do the same with this thread. Alternately, I will simply wait until the 5th round is over and THEN merge this thread as well. Your choice.
                    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Section C : Tentative Pairings

Our arbiters just uploaded the pairings for section C :

http://chess-results.com/tnr140759.a...=2&rd=5&wi=821

I have already been warned of further withdrawals and changes, so these pairings are likely to change. Still, please tell us as soon as possible if your score is wrong, or if you withdrew and are still there.

Comment

Re: Section C : Tentative Pairings

Hello,
                        I am pretty sure Wengyang Ming was going to play the Mini-Coc only.

Regards
                        Mario Moran-Venegas

Comment

Re : Re: Section C : Tentative Pairings

Originally posted by Mario Moran-Venegas View Post
                          Hello,
                          I am pretty sure Wengyang Ming was going to play the Mini-Coc only.

Regards
                          Mario Moran-Venegas

Yes, this is the mistake I was referring to in the first post. He switched from the full Canadian Open to the Mini-CO. I already sent the note to the arbiters.

Comment

Andy,
                            I know of a way you can help. I am playing in section C .
                            Come to Montreal and buy the organizers breakfast, lunch and dinner of their choice thus re-leaving them of the onerous task . They are not dealing with just a computer program issue there are also people playing in this tournament. Have you dealt with people. I have. I organized (just me without help) many a Canadian Go tournaments. Another way is to get a lifetime CFC membership .This contributes to Canadian Chess. When did yours expire?

Mario Moran-Venegas

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Section C : Tentative Pairings

I took a bye for round 4 (it showed up on the website and all) and I was not only paired on Monday, but I got 0 points for not showing up and my opponent got a full point.

Furthermore, I am not paired for round 5.

Please Help!!!

Andres Salazar
                              Section C - U2000

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Section C : Tentative Pairings

Originally posted by Andres Salazar View Post
                                I took a bye for round 4 (it showed up on the website and all) and I was not only paired on Monday, but I got 0 points for not showing up and my opponent got a full point.

Furthermore, I am not paired for round 5.

Please Help!!!

Andres Salazar
                                Section C - U2000
                                Thanks Andres, I forwarded it to the arbiter. You will not be penalized for yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X