• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crooked Kirsan

From The Kasparov Campaign Website
    July 25, 2014 13:44
    Kirsan’s FIDE Versus the Federations
    JUST THE FACTS

Teams from Afghanistan and Gabon still cannot play in Tromsø because Ilyumzhinov’s administration illegally removed the legitimate federation heads to take votes from Kasparov.
    Kirsan’s administration fought with the Tromsø organizers only to serve the interests of the Russian federation. Once the Russian women’s team was allowed to play, Kirsan’s admin and its lawyers went back to ignoring the plight of the other teams.
    The FIDE Electoral Commission (ELE) approved these actions with contradictory justifications. For Afghanistan, the ELE ruled that a government official’s approval was the only important thing. For Gabon, where all government officials sided with the original federation, including the President’s office and the Olympic Committee, the ELE decreed that none of it mattered and gave the vote to a complete unknown.
    WHAT MUST CHANGE

All federations must be equal under the rules.
    FIDE must have the transparent rule of law instead of serving the interests of the powerful.
    FIDE should serve and support the federations, not threaten them and dictate to them.
    THE FULL STORY

The cases of the votes stolen from the legitimate federations of Afghanistan and Gabon have moved from dirty politics to criminal activity. Innocent players and federations are being exploited to help Ilyumzhinov serve the Russian Federation and his bosses in Moscow. These attacks prevented several federations from registering their teams on time for the Tromsø Olympiad – while the Russian federation intentionally overstepped the deadline to gain more time to add Katerina Lagno to their team from Ukraine. (A federation transfer that was given top priority by Ilyumzhinov’s administration, including an unprecedented Presidential Board decision done by email!)

Ilyumzhinov exploited the other excluded federations, the federations his administration had just robbed of their votes, as an excuse to pressure the Olympiad’s organizers in Norway into allowing the Russian women’s team to play. Now that Russia is in, with Lagno, of course Gabon and Afghanistan are again punished and ignored. It is a disgrace for our sport that the Ilyumzhinov administration is committing such actions.

Kirsan’s administration is breaking all records, both for youngest Olympiad players and for levels of corruption.

As has been well documented, the valid and long-standing federation of Gabon and its president were suddenly replaced by the FIDE Secretariat after they announced support for Kasparov. This made it impossible for their Olympiad teams to be registered in time. Now, having been given a second chance by the Norwegian organizers, the catastrophe of Ilyumzhinov’s dirty trick is revealed. This “new president” (approved by the Kirsan loyalists on the Electoral Commission!), Gabin Nicaise Yala, has no connections with the players or anyone else in the Gabonese chess community and could not arrange to send teams. When pressed, after several days he submitted a “team” with made-up FIDE IDs that is composed mainly of his own family members, including his young children! Another member of this “team” is a former official who has already publicly disavowed any connection with this new fake organization!

Kirsan’s administration is breaking all records, both for youngest Olympiad players and for levels of corruption. We have ample evidence and correspondence that proves that this entire project of destroying the official Gabon federation was orchestrated by Lewis Ncube, Ilyumzhinov’s vice-president in Africa.

The similar case vote-stealing in Afghanistan also had a ruinous continuation. The legitimate federation president was simply deleted by Nigel Freeman, also after Afghanistan supported Kasparov publicly. The author of the letter used to justify this crime was signed by Mr. Kiramuddin Karim, who has no actual authority over the Chess Federation or the National Olympic Committee. Of course the same four Ilyumzhinov supporters on the Electoral Commission saw no problem with this at all.

“..misuse of authority, holding illegal presidential elections of the national federations (Wushu, Taekwondo, Chess…”

The Afghanistan National Assembly apparently does not agree however, and we have obtained a letter from its Complaint Commission requesting criminal charges against Kiramuddin Karim regarding, “Afghanistan National Olympic Committee complaints regarding illegal interference” including “..misuse of authority, holding illegal presidential elections of the national federations (Wushu, Taekwondo, Chess…) and assigning non-professional persons (Haji Almas as president of the chess federation, Mr. Rabani Rabani as president of the Taekwondo federation…)” and concluded by declaring that he “must be prosecuted by Attorney General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.” [ See signed letter below. ] Meanwhile, the first act of this “new delegate,” who lives in Moscow, was to cancel the participation of the Afghan women’s team. Gens Una Sumus?

Nigel Freeman went looking for votes to steal and he found an eager accomplice in Kiramuddin Karim. Maybe we will find out the price during Mr. Karim’s trial. This travesty could have been ended by an independent Electoral Commission, but as four of its five members made very clear, this ELE exists only to approve decisions that help Ilyumzhinov hold on to power. We ask those four: Darcy Lima of Brazil, Bharat Singh of India, Mwinde Muchimba of Zambia, and Margaret Murphy of US Virgin Islands for their comments on the Gabon and Afghanistan teams they helped eliminate from Tromsø.

Garry Kasparov and every member of his ticket have campaigned across the globe on a platform of sponsorship, education, professionalism, transparency, and returning power to the federations. These cases show how important that last element is for FIDE after 19 years of Ilyumzhinov. FIDE’s role must be to support and protect the federations, not to punish them and take from them. Nothing will change unless the FIDE leadership changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Translation of the letter from the Afghanistan National Assembly [ signed original below ]

Islamic Republic of Afghanistan National Assembly/Meshrano Jirga (THE UPPER HOUSE)
    Complaint Commission
    DATE: 20/07/2014

TO: Directorate of Government Communication, National Assembly

Kindly dispatch the following decision of the Complaint Commission to the Attorney General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

According to National Assembly Meshrano Jirga (THE UPPER HOUSE) complaint commission meeting on 20.07.2014 about Afghanistan National Olympic Committee complaints regarding illegal interference of the General Directorate of physical and education sports of Afghanistan President Mr. Kiramuddin Karim in the internal affairs of the National Olympic Committee and National Federations, misuse of authority, holding illegal presidential elections of the national federations (Wushu, Taekwondo, Chess…) and assigning non-professional persons (Haji Almas as president of chess federations, Mr. Rabani Rabani as president of Taekwondo federation who is divested holding any position in Taekwondo federation in the world from World Taekwondo Federation…) as president of national federations, violation of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Presidential decree regarding the independence of the Afghanistan National Olympic Committee, the following decision has been made:

Mr. Kiramuddin Karim, President of General Directorate of Physical Education and Sports, must be prosecuted by the Attorney General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan about the mentioned issues and the result should be submitted to the Complaint Commission as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Dr. Zulmi Zabuli
    Head of Complaint Commission
    Afghanistan National Assembly Meshrano Jirga

Re: Crooked Kirsan

Oy Vey.
    It's ruined my day.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Oy Vey.
      It's ruined my day.
      Ah mon, but you didn't have to read it from far out in space,
      unlike all the other spaced-out disbelieving Kirs'asinine'rs!

Comment

Oy Vey.
        It's ruined my day.
        I can't wait for this election to be over so that we can go back to our regularly scheduled bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          I can't wait for this election to be over so that we can go back to our regularly scheduled bickering.
          Vlad,you endorsed a thug and a crook. That will follow you long after the election is over.

Comment

The battle between good and evil isn't that simple.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FJ2M820140714

The USA is arming Qatar and do I need to tell you who Qatar helps out? Does it help that the USA is directly or indirectly arming both sides?

If you're a good and evil expert then so be it. I find it troubling that suddenly there are missiles which are being shot at Ben Gurion Airport. But that's only my view.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The battle between good and evil isn't that simple.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FJ2M820140714

The USA is arming Qatar and do I need to tell you who Qatar helps out? Does it help that the USA is directly or indirectly arming both sides?

If you're a good and evil expert then so be it. I find it troubling that suddenly there are missiles which are being shot at Ben Gurion Airport. But that's only my view.
              It is that simple. We are talking about the candidate that Vlad endorsed serving as an embarrassment to the CFC. Stop confusing the issue with bullsh*t. By the way, many of the missiles Hamas uses are homemade, some are made of sewage pipes, similar to the vessels that appear to be filling your brains. What happened?.... did God forget to flush?
              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 25th July, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                It is that simple. We are talking about the candidate that Vlad endorsed serving as an embarrassment to the CFC. Stop confusing the issue with bullsh*t. By the way, many of the missiles Hammas uses are homemade, some are made of sewage pipes, similar to the vessels that appear to be filling your brains. What happened?.... did God forget to flush?
                What you're licking isn't a popsicle.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

What you're licking isn't a popsicle.

Oh well, in that case you can have it and put it you know where.

Comment

Most of the vocal Kasparov people appear delusional. From my point of view we supported the nicer guy. The rabid approach appears to be the one that the Kasparov people are using around the world. We'll see in a little over two and a half weeks how successful it was. The Kasparov people say they are winning. My sources say differently. We'll see whose analysis was more accurate shortly.

Comment

Most of the vocal Kasparov people appear delusional. From my point of view we supported the nicer guy. The rabid approach appears to be the one that the Kasparov people are using around the world. We'll see in a little over two and a half weeks how successful it was. The Kasparov people say they are winning. My sources say differently. We'll see whose analysis was more accurate shortly.
                      I agree with you that the more vocal Kasparov people had some very bad moments (but so did the pro-Kirsan people, yourself included).

But there were other more mild-mannered supporters of Kasparov (such as Brian Hartman) who only posted a few times but words were sincere and reasonable. If we put who the CFC should elect for FIDE presidency to a vote from all current CFC members there is no doubt in my mind that Kasparov would win in a complete landslide. Is the CFC supposed to be a voice for Canadian players, or just their own views?

If I was invested into this election as some of the more prominent pro-kasparov people are I would be extremely upset about supporting someone like Kirsan (who I personally despise for multiple reasons). I am pro-kasparov and I'm pretty certain Kirsan will win again (how can you beat someone so corrupt they constantly change the rules, it was a losing battle from day one, but the ideal of getting the corrupt leader of FIDE out is something I will support no matter the chance of victory).
                      University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

"but the ideal of getting the corrupt leader of FIDE out is something I will support no matter the chance of victory".
                        Exactly right, something most of the CFC executive lacks, it is called morals. Vlad talks about Kirsan being the "nicer guy", you know, the guy who's political opponent was mysteriously murdered by his close aides and childhood friend, the guy who held the world chess championship knockout tourney in Gaddafi controlled Libya (Jews and Israelis excluded), the nice guy who is close friends with Putin, that nice chap that supplied the equipment and backed the nice people that shot down the civilian aircraft. Then Vlad says we are delusional. He actually has it backwards but that is normally what you would expect to hear from the one who is truly delusional.
                        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Friday, 25th July, 2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Oy Vey.
                          It's ruined my day.
                          It isn't that bad! Cheers!

Comment

Kirsan wins again

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                            Vlad,you endorsed a thug and a crook. That will follow you long after the election is over.
                            And that is why you fail. That Putin schtick will only take you so far. We endorsed Kirsan the nicer guy who treated the CFC with respect unlike that guy who is busy attacking Spanish federation president Javier Ochoa. Garry seems to read from the same playbook in every country.

Judging from the frantic Kasparov attacks upon the president of the Spanish federation it would appear that not even western Europe is breaking Kasparov's way.

Comment

Dogs will bark but the caravan moves on.

And that is why you fail. That Putin schtick will only take you so far. We endorsed Kirsan the nicer guy who treated the CFC with respect unlike that guy who is busy attacking Spanish federation president Javier Ochoa. Garry seems to read from the same playbook in every country.

Judging from the frantic Kasparov attacks upon the president of the Spanish federation it would appear that not even western Europe is breaking Kasparov's way.
                              Kasparov's "courtship" of supporters seems more like the thuggish entitlement of a college date rape. If this is his way of campaigning for support, then his scapegoating of an easy and approved target like Putin makes perfect sense; it's exactly the sort of guilt by association and demagoguery one would expect from such a campaign. And it's hard not to think that the same tone of shrill, antideluvian, cold war Russophobia emanating from Washington is dictating the whole approach, so that whatever the results in the FIDE election, some foreign policy objectives (like "poisoning the well" for Ilyumzhinov) are being carried out by this loud barking at the caravan of chess.

Those who love chess know that it deserves better than this.
                              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Saturday, 26th July, 2014, 05:17 AM. Reason: e.g. added
                              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
                              X