X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A sad situation

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
    This entire post and legal threats reek heavily of sore loser mentality
    No, I think it indicates that Vlad started a war and won the initial battle for the minds of the executive, which were weak against Vlad's Dale Carnegie techniques and the capital gained by doing the NFP stuff.

But Sasha knows the war is far from over, and I would bet even the FIDE election is not going to end it. Sasha warned several weeks ago that he is not going anywhere. This is just part of what he meant.

The CFC will be bloodied and bruised from all this, and an international laughing stock. I've already seen MANY condescending comments on other chess forums. It is all on the hands of the voting members for blindly following Vlad over the cliff (herd instinct).

Bindi, you are an adult now, you have plateaued and aren't going anywhere in chess, and now all the focus is on the Juniors because the CFC is transforming into a children's and Juniors chess federation. So for you, there is nothing left in the CFC except to work with children and Juniors.

But eventually, you'll have another federation to join that cares about the adults and offers them a different kind of chess where money is not scarce and you can make a decent living if you choose, and not by teaching children (although that is always possible too).
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      You will put in the public record some things that will be quite embarrassing to the people that you are suing on behalf of and I will certainly oppose any effort to keep them out of the public record.
      If this were true, wouldn't you have made these emails public weeks ago? Or at the very least, made public the essence of what was in those emails, without making the emails themselves public?

This sounds like a very empty threat.

Any rational person or judge will conclude that we made the only choice that any self respecting person would make.
      Ahhh, now there's one for the record books. Attention anyone who would prefer Kasparov as FIDE President: not only are you not rational, but you are not self respecting!

Vlad knows everything. Just admit that Vlad is God and be done with it!
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        No, I think it indicates that Vlad started a war and won the initial battle for the minds of the executive, which were weak against Vlad's Dale Carnegie techniques
        It takes a strong mind to stand before the full force of the Dale Carnegie techniques.

Comment

It takes a strong mind to stand before the full force of the Dale Carnegie techniques.
          Yes it does... including the effect of belittling the techniques to make it SEEM they are nothing. You got it down pat.
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
            Everything will be in the open after August 1st noon EDT.
            Did I miss it?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
              Did I miss it?
              Life will never be the same again. The deadline came and went and like most doomsday cults the date they set for the end of the world passed without notice. It is possible that in some alternate quantum reality something did happen but apparently not in ours.

Comment

• Why Kasparov will not "Win with grace. Lose with dignity."

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                This entire post and legal threats reek heavily of sore loser mentality
                More on the sore loser theme ...

Originally posted by Chess Club Live
                Kasparov FIDE Presidential Campaign in Retrospect. Well we like to reflect on what has been a bruising campaign ... Has he made mistakes, yes he has. His harsh words about Spanish Chess Federation President will go down as one of the biggest blunders a FIDE presidential candidate has ever made. Not asking Ignatius Leong to resign as FIDE General Secretary before joining his campaign might again be seen as an inaccuracy in his strategy. Criticizing the ELE commission despite it being his idea to set it up in the first place could look strange to some who don't look deeper to see how his opponent bent the would be independent body to his favour. But lets look at the highlights ...
                These are remarks by supporters of Kasparov. They found it necessary to elaborate on a number of his horrific blunders and irregularities ... so as to reduce the damage to his death bed campaign.

Kasparov showed great statesmanship over the Chess Olympiad Norway 2014 visa fiasco, despite the taunts and accusations Team Kirsan Ilyumzhinov of it being a deliberate act by members of Team Kasparov ..
                This is hilariously ignorant. Kasparov showed what a comic genius he is by politicizing the Olympiad and then roundly criticizing Ilyumzhinov for doing just that. Words like "brazen" and "shameless" come to mind.

Kasparov: "I think defeat is probably inevitable unless Kirsan's fixing of votes and excluding and dismissing delegates that don't declare support for him somehow back fires." Will Kasparov make a dignified exit and focus on his fantastic chess network and let Kirsan carry on ravaging what is left of the great vision of the 1920's pioneers for a chess organisation befitting of the chess world, I think not.
                In other words, expect more efforts to poison the well, sabotage any FIDE campaigns, and so on. Not very gracious. Maybe Kasparov can take some lessons from Susan Polgar?

"Win with grace. Lose with dignity."
                Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
                X