Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 85th FIDE Congress - follow up

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    It's too late for that and the Canadian Chess playing community loses because of your stupidity, I agree that you are not a diplomat, your a stupid donkey!
    People might take you more seriously when you call them stupid if you didn't make mistakes that you should have learned to avoid in grammar school.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      People might take you more seriously when you call them stupid if you didn't make mistakes that you should have learned to avoid in grammar school.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You%27re-and-Your
      Yep that's it , no one takes me seriously.

Comment

This thread is bordering on trolling. Best advice I have when dealing with trolls is to ignore them and not rise to their trolling. It only encourages them.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
          This thread is bordering on trolling. Best advice I have when dealing with trolls is to ignore them and not rise to their trolling. It only encourages them.
          Could be the case... the only question is: Who is the troll and who is the trollee?
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            Could be the case... the only question is: Who is the troll and who is the trollee?
            It's easier to name the winner and the loser.

Hopefully the Americans will forget about Canadian chess for awhile. They can concentrate on their open Olympiad team which finished out of the top 10. Pretty poor by their standards.

That's not to mask the finish of our own open team once again finishing out of the top 50. This isn't gong to make me any friends but in my opinion our team folded like a garmoshka in the last part of the event.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I have my own opinion about that, but I don't feel the need to make it public.

Besides, it doesn't matter. If either person follows my advice, everyone benefits.

Comment

• Re: "Garry if you want to lie...

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                The reality that is coming for the CFC is no support from anywhere. No $80K from Kirsan or FIDE.
                Your predictions on this are about as accurate as the rest of your predictions. Kirsan keeps his word despite what some websites and chesstalk posters might claim.

Comment

The Canadian Open team finished tied 35th through 60th. The tiebreaks are simply a highly artificial and expedient way to list the participating teams.

Comment

Originally posted by David Gordon View Post
                    The Canadian Open team finished tied 35th through 60th. The tiebreaks are simply a highly artificial and expedient way to list the participating teams.
                    If it were simply for listing teams, as you suggest, the silver and bronze medals wouldn't have been decided by tiebreaks.

Here is the exact rule for the Olympiad.

8.1 Final placing
                    With the aid of the
                    Chief Arbiter, the Tournament Director shall draw up
                    lists of the final placing for the men and women sections, showing the
                    teams in their precise order and giving their final scores.
                    These lists are to be signed by both organizers and enclosed with the
                    Chief Arbiters concluding report to the FIDE President.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                    X