Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
    I started this thread to expose the odious political views of Garry Kasparov and to see if the leopard could change his spots, etc. It's not a thread about me, and I'm not required to answer questions from the Kasparov fans. That is simply a strategy to derail the thread, turn it into a flame war, and silence the author (me).

It's amusing to be lectured about freedom by people who seem to want to silence me and restrict my freedom.
    Someone asks you if you've been to Russia or speak Russian, and you can't answer them? You're opinionated and want to express some of your opinions at ChessTalk, but then you're hurt and offended and resort to name calling when someone argues with you? Maybe you should ask the moderator if the threads you start can be blocked so that only you can post in them.
    Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:32 PM.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Re : Re: Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

post deleted
      Last edited by Brian Profit; Monday, 15th September, 2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Re: Kasparov, neo-con but also a limousine liberal

Edited due to personal attack.
        Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Re : Re: Kasparov, neo-con but also a limousine liberal

[b]censored[/b]

Comment

Re : Kasparov the neo-conservative

censored,,,,,,

Comment

Censored.....
              Last edited by Gary Ruben; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 11:45 PM. Reason: Beat the censor to the job.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Brian may be finding out the unpleasant reality of herding cats .... er, I mean, moderating ChessTalk contributors. Good luck, buddy ... I wish you all the best.
                Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

Just tacking on my own .02 here. I agree. This moderation is overkill.

I don't know why several of these posts were just deleted outright. Some were in poor taste perhaps, but I don't think anything was close to crossing the line other than a post or two of the one who started this thread, particularly when he was beginning to gripe about personal attacks.

Steve
                  Last edited by Brian Profit; Monday, 15th September, 2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                    Brian may be finding out the unpleasant reality of herding cats .... er, I mean, moderating ChessTalk contributors. Good luck, buddy ... I wish you all the best.
                    It's much closer to running a kindergarten than anything else. The trick for the moderator is to realize that they are supposed to be the adult in the room. As for the current moderation style, Brian has a sledgehammer and has started to notice that everything looks like a nail....

Steve

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

Dear Steve and Everyone else,
                      Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Like calling me a Pea Brain.
                      There was a big call to remove Nigel for the things he wrote and what he allowed. I am following through with that.
                      Attack people personally and I will remove the post.
                      And by the way, for all of your low opinions of Nigel, you should go back and reflect back on your posts. They are much worse than his.
                      Last edited by Brian Profit; Monday, 15th September, 2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X