WYCC 2016 under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WYCC 2015 under way

Wow, that's interesting. Let's pretend it was a computer gremlin. I'll have a little edit...

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Wow, that's interesting. Let's pretend it was a computer gremlin. I'll have a little edit...
      Hi John:

One I noted was in error was Mysha Gilani. She plays at SCC and ACC.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        One I noted was in error was Mysha Gilani.
        I fixed Mysha, you should probably refresh. Damn gremlins...

Comment

Thursday, October 29. Round 5 of the 2015 WYCC is the last one before the break.

Three Canadians are just one point behind the leaders. The only Canadian game broadcast live this morning features Qiyu Zhou v. Anna Kubicka.

Reminder: past results, standings and current pairings for all of Team Canada can be accessed here. John Coleman's spreadsheet with all Canadian results sorted is here.

Comment

Congratulations to Nameer and Qiyu on their wins today, now 4/5. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Reminder: past results, standings and current pairings for all of Team Canada can be accessed here.

John Coleman's spreadsheet with all Canadian results sorted is here

Comment

Two of the South European opponents that Canadians encountered in Girls U-08 had an unusual title AFM beside their names.

I was curious to look it up. FIDE really makes money out of thin air !

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
                Two of the South European opponents that Canadians encountered in Girls U-08 had an unusual title AFM beside their names.

I was curious to look it up. FIDE really makes money out of thin air !
                Titles for online play? OMG No wonder he is IllusionOf. FIDE is such a pathetic joke.
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Some parents have been posting pictures at last year's canadian wycc site and can be followed through this link

https://www.facebook.com/Canadianwycc2014

Comment

Originally posted by Toto Surya View Post
                    Some parents have been posting pictures at last year's canadian wycc site and can be followed through this link

https://www.facebook.com/Canadianwycc2014
                    Thanks so much Toto! I was wondering where does all the stuff go in the absence of this year's page. :) Hang on guys, you're almost halfway there, use the rest day to the fullest and come out swinging. Most of all, have fun.

Happy birthday Luke Pulfer, an outstanding young man! Congratulations to Julie and Beau.

Comment

Rd. 6 streaming live

Three Canadians have games streaming from DGT boards:

Qiyu Zhou 4/5
                      https://arena.chessdom.com/tournamen.../stream/119286

Nameer Issani 4/5
                      https://arena.chessdom.com/tournamen.../stream/119268

Razvan Preotu 3.5/5
                      https://arena.chessdom.com/tournamen.../stream/119215
                      Last edited by John Upper; Saturday, 31st October, 2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Re: Rd. 6 streaming live

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                        Three Canadians have games streaming from DGT boards:
                        Thank you for links.

Nameer won. Other two are still fighting at this moment.

Comment

Qiyu Zhou will be on top board tomorrow and retains excellent chances of becoming Canada's first ever two time WYCC winner (:

http://chess-results.com/tnr187420.a...flag=NO&wi=984

Comment

Round 6 is complete.

Qiyu Zhou and Nameer Issani lead Canadian contingent with 5/6. Richard Chen, Nicholas Vettese and Eugene Hua have 4.5/6.

Reminder: past results, standings and current pairings for all of Team Canada can be accessed here.

John Coleman's spreadsheet with all Canadian results sorted is here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jack Maguire;99095]Qiyu Zhou will be on top board tomorrow and retains excellent chances of becoming Canada's first ever two time WYCC winner (:

Tomorrow should tell the tale. Qiyu is now the highest rated player in the GU16. Itis a tough slog and she has already suffered one defeat. But she is a gutsy competitor and usually rises to the occasion. :D

Comment

Many players have been having excellent results, however I wanted to point out one player who will be very pleased with his results. Adam Dorrance has 3.5/6 in the U18. Now 3.5/6 although a good result isn't particularly spectacular, except when three of your opponents are 2400's and 2 are 2300's and your 2131. That is really incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X