Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Value of Money

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    Too bad there isn't a none of the above option. Trump did do well in last night's debate.

All Trump did was avoid total disaster. I guess for him, that counts as "doing well". For those who agree with Trump that Hillary is to blame for everything that is wrong in America, and that she has her hand in everything that is wrong, then Trump's constant barrage of denigration was successful. But keep in mind, all those people's votes are already accounted for in the polls.

For those people whose votes are not yet accounted for in the polls (i.e. the undecided), Trump's performance was mostly a turn-off. Hillary was smart to take the high road, even when the going got rough.

Many in Twitterland remarked about Trump "stalking" Hillary all over the stage. For him to do this as he was trying simultaneously to negate his image from the past few days of being a sexual bully, even condoning sexual assault, was strategically wrong and turned many people off. Most people do not want Presidential politics to become the Jerry Springer show.

At this point, I am like many seeing the writing on the wall for Trump and am looking ahead now to the aftermath of his defeat. And if you thought this was an ugly election season, the aftermath of a Trump defeat is going to be worse.

There is at some point going to be a fury of anger from the die-hard Trump supporters -- the racists, bigots, rednecks etc. all of whom really believed in their hearts that Trump was going to upset the apple cart and restore the white-male-dominated society of 50 or 100 years ago.

This outpouring of anger might not happen immediately but the longer it takes to be unleashed, the more violent the unleashing will be. The criticism and genuine hatred of Hillary will not disappear. She will be dogged throughout her Presidency by it, and I would daresay the Secret Service will be hard-pressed to keep her safe. Many of these far-right Trump supporters actually believed before the FBI decision that Hillary was on her way to jail. To see her instead in the White House will stoke deep, genuine anger. Trump actually called Hillary "the devil" in last night's debate, and this is what he has these people believing. It has the potential to become a religious war in the sense of Hillary being "the devil". And as we all know, religious wars are the most violent of all.
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
      At this point, I am like many seeing the writing on the wall for Trump and am looking ahead now to the aftermath of his defeat. And if you thought this was an ugly election season, the aftermath of a Trump defeat is going to be worse.
      I hope this is the beginning of the end for Trump, but I am still fearful he may win.
      Nothing short of a total collapse of Trump is acceptable.
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 11th October, 2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        I hope this is the beginning of the end for Trump, but I am still fearful he may win.
        Well, as of 8:04 A.M. EDT, PEC is putting the odds of a Clinton victory at 19 to one. Many prominent Republican election advisers are admitting that the Donald has basically no chance of winning. At this point the question is more one of how big her coat tails are going to be in the House and Senate.

538 is somewhat more conservative and is putting Clinton close to 5 to one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
          Well, as of 8:04 A.M. EDT, PEC is putting the odds of a Clinton victory at 19 to one. Many prominent Republican election advisers are admitting that the Donald has basically no chance of winning. At this point the question is more one of how big her coat tails are going to be in the House and Senate.

538 is somewhat more conservative and is putting Clinton close to 5 to one.
          84% to 16%
          http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...=2016-forecast

Comment

2-3 months ago Trump was fluctuating around 2.7/1 - 3.2/1. I wanted to "buy" him, but decided to wait for more comfortable price, around 4/1 or 4.5/1. Now the price is great, but I do not want to buy him. Looks like he has lost already.
            Last edited by Victor Plotkin; Tuesday, 11th October, 2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
              2-3 months ago Trump was fluctuating around 2.7/1 - 3.2/1. I wanted to "buy" him, but decided to wait for more comfortable price, around 4/1 or 4.5/1. Now the price is great, but I do not want to buy him. Looks he has lost already.
              Is the bid-ask too wide to "trade" him?

Comment

Sure, the gap is much wider compare to stock market. However, I just wanted to "buy" him chip and not to trade him. "Buy and hold" strategy.

Comment

I saw Gary Kasparov interviewed on CNN this morning.
                  Gary's warning to Trump supporters,
                  "those voting for Trump Pence, are really voting for Putin Trump"
                  ed. the quote probably isn't exactly word for word, but you get the meaning.

Comment

The problem with the alternative is that you are dealing with one of the most corrupt politicians in recent memory in Hillary Clinton. Everyone has forgotten how at the end of Clinton's term they looted the White House of historic furniture (which they were ultimately forced to return) and Air Force One of whatever was not nailed down. The media won't report that or the fact that she was fired from the Watergate Commission for lying and a complete lack of ethics. I see some dark days ahead whoever wins.

Comment

I saw Gary Kasparov interviewed on CNN this morning.
                      Gary's warning to Trump supporters,
                      "those voting for Trump Pence, are really voting for Putin Trump"
                      ed. the quote probably isn't exactly word for word, but you get the meaning.
                      According to Trump, US has no GMs ;)

https://www.c-span.org/video/?416683...40&start=1222#

But that will never happen because during that 30-day period, we'll renegotiate a better deal for our country, OK? And you the other way, you can't terminate. There's too many -- it's -- people go crazy. You have to be like a grand chessmaster, and we don't have any of them.

Comment

The problem with the alternative is that you are dealing with one of the most corrupt politicians in recent memory in Hillary Clinton. Everyone has forgotten how at the end of Clinton's term they looted the White House of historic furniture (which they were ultimately forced to return) and Air Force One of whatever was not nailed down. The media won't report that or the fact that she was fired from the Watergate Commission for lying and a complete lack of ethics. I see some dark days ahead whoever wins.
                        According to Snopes, the 'looting of the White House' story is false. Maybe this explains, Vlad, why you haven't seen this story reported in mainstream media.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...use-furniture/
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                          According to Snopes, the 'looting of the White House' story is false. Maybe this explains, Vlad, why you haven't seen this story reported in mainstream media.

The fact that these are lies, and known to be lies, does not matter to people like Vlad. He is just another one of Putin's "useful fools".

We can expect the lies to come thicker and faster as Trump gets more desperate. The Princeton Election Consortium now gives Trump one chance in twenty of winning the election using it's most conservative approach. The less conservative approach is giving him one chance in 32.

Comment

Looks like the Watergate Commission story is false as well.
                            http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Looks like the Watergate Commission story is false as well.
                              http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/zeifman.asp
                              Thanks for checking into those items Peter... and just think: some people believe Wikipedia too! (lol)
                              Despite the immense trove of "information" available via the Internet, much/most of it is not vetted
                              and may indeed be false. It is actually very hard to verify anything anymore - likely this contributes
                              to the apparent popularity of people like Trump - he can spout almost anything and his followers
                              swallow it like the kool aid he is dispensing.

I have no great respect for Hillary Clinton but given a binary choice it is not even close.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

"About $50,000 of the total comprised items they had removed but were later determined to belong to the government."

From your own source. Can you imagine if Stephen Harper had removed $50,000 worth of furniture and items that belong to the government from the official PM residence? I thought they were talking about $20000 worth of stuff. Now in an attempt to exonerate her you show that the theft was much larger.

Comment

Working...
                                X