Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Value of Money

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I have no great respect for Hillary Clinton but given a binary choice it is not even close.
    Trump did not even jokingly suggest a drone strike on a foreign embassy in the heart of London but Hillary apparently seriously suggested it in order to take out Assange.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Trump did not even jokingly suggest a drone strike on a foreign embassy in the heart of London but Hillary apparently seriously suggested it in order to take out Assange.
      Hello, McFly?

http://www.snopes.com/julian-assange-drone-strike/

In any case, if Hillary jokingly suggested it - it was only locker room banter.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Vlad, stop drinking the Koolaid!
        Do you not see how absurd this has become?
        Do you really think Clinton would order a drone strike on an embassy in London? This is absurd.

Comment

"About $50,000 of the total comprised items they had removed but were later determined to belong to the government."

From your own source. Can you imagine if Stephen Harper had removed $50,000 worth of furniture and items that belong to the government from the official PM residence? I thought they were talking about $20000 worth of stuff. Now in an attempt to exonerate her you show that the theft was much larger.
          People who are interested in the truth of the matter should read the whole article at the Snopes link I gave earlier rsther than accepting Vlad's out-of-context quote at face value.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Thanks for checking into those items Peter... and just think: some people believe Wikipedia too! (lol)
            Despite the immense trove of "information" available via the Internet, much/most of it is not vetted
            and may indeed be false. It is actually very hard to verify anything anymore - likely this contributes
            to the apparent popularity of people like Trump - he can spout almost anything and his followers
            swallow it like the kool aid he is dispensing.

I have no great respect for Hillary Clinton but given a binary choice it is not even close.
            I agree, Kerry.
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Thanks for checking into those items Peter... and just think: some people believe Wikipedia too! (lol)
              Despite the immense trove of "information" available via the Internet, much/most of it is not vetted
              and may indeed be false. It is actually very hard to verify anything anymore - likely this contributes
              to the apparent popularity of people like Trump - he can spout almost anything and his followers
              swallow it like the kool aid he is dispensing.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hacked-cl...nting-hillary/
              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Exactly. Since she is the only one who can stop Trump, she must be President.
                A lot of people seem to hate her, but for me the jury is still out. I definitely preferred Bernie, but I can live with Hillary.
                Even if half of what she is accused of was true, still better than Trump.
                I see a third candidate is making a run for Utah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  Exactly. Since she is the only one who can stop Trump, she must be President.
                  A lot of people seem to hate her, but for me the jury is still out. I definitely preferred Bernie, but I can live with Hillary.
                  Even if half of what she is accused of was true, still better than Trump.
                  I see a third candidate is making a run for Utah!

There is video of Trump, not too many years ago, saying that Hillary Clinton was a very good Secretary of State and did a commendable job, and that other politicians including Republicans had told him they think the same of her.

This whole nonsense of "Crooked Hillary" and "Lock Her Up" is pure theatrics and politics. Frankly, I'm surprised Hillary hasn't made an ad with that video in it to show everyone just how false the current Trump narrative is. And he has really gone overboard with it, blaming Hillary for things she had no possibility of being involved with or affecting in any way.

When the election is over, the Trumps will go back to operating their businesses and eventually things between them and the Clintons will again be on at least "normal" ground, if not outright friendly terms.

Remember that Warner Bros. cartoon, with the sheep dog character and the wolf character. Every day they "clocked in" and would ask each other how the kids were doing and whatnot, then they'd clock in and immediately become bitter enemies as the wolf went after the sheep, then at the end of the episode they'd be clocking out and back on friendly terms again.

This is what politics really is. Very little of the bitterness and enmity is real, even if there is no bipartisan work getting done.

Incidentally, Warren Buffet came out and denied that he uses the carry tax provision that Trump said in the debate Buffet has been using. And unlike Trump, Buffet has made his tax returns public for many years.

Trump says Hillary hasn't been doing anything for 30 years, then Trump complains about the growing debt.... while he has been contributing "bigly" to that debt for about 20 years. Buffet, on the other hand, has been paying his fair share and even wants to pay more. Makes Trump look very bad.... I think this may be the thing Lawrence O'Donnell hinted at for the past several years would undermine a Trump bid for the Presidency.
                  Only the rushing is heard...
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

"Crooked Hillary" and "Lock Her Up" is pure theatrics and politics. Frankly, I'm surprised Hillary hasn't made an ad ...
                    Don't worry Paul, she'll have plenty of time to make that ad, and make many more, from her prison cell.
                    Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 13th October, 2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

And Paul, I know that when push comes to shove, deep down in your heart of hearts, there are much more important concerns than who the f'k is president anyways.

We know in Life there are some matters which concern us all, and are far greater than other matters.

Love ... being the mostest of the them all.

Not the kind of love that smiles on a dog. Not the kind of love that goes to church only on Sunday. But the kind of Love that lays down its Life ... regardless of circumstance.

A little bit more about me: In 2011 I upped my first public graphic to my tumblr ... love won ... long time before it was fashionable.

Tonight, here in the EST, 5ive years on I finally launched its website:

www.lovewon.world

peace out.
                      n.

PS. T-shirts & multi colored sticker packs to follow...

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Thursday, 13th October, 2016, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                        Don't worry Paul, she'll have plenty of time to make that ad, and make many more, from her prison cell.
                        She will not go to prison even if Trump wins. She is above the law as the FBI and justice department investigations show. I would not be surprised if Obama's last act as president will be to pardon her.

Comment

She will not go to prison even if Trump wins. She is above the law as the FBI and justice department investigations show. I would not be surprised if Obama's last act as president will be to pardon her.
                          I think the following link is a sufficient answer to all the lies Vlad falls for:

http://davidbrin.blogspot.ca/2016/10...d-russian.html

Of course Vlad will just call the writer a liar, notwithstanding that he is an actual real scientist and an award winning fiction writer, and cites facts with references.

Comment

Wow, I was out all day.
                            It appears there are now 10 women accusing Trump of sexual assaults.
                            Anybody still on the Trump train?

Comment

Wow, I was out all day.
                              The deplorables?

Comment

Wow, I was out all day.
                                I believe the South Park analysis of the election is spot on with respect to the character of the two choices. I would provide a link but its not appropriate for kids and the first result on youtube is an anti-Semitic rant against South Park.

IF these allegations are true then he should be disqualified. IF the allegations against Hillary are true then she should be disqualified and I include the allegations against Bill Clinton and Hillary's apparent role as an enabler including attacking and threatening the women alleging assaults. Recall that Monica Lewinsky was not believed at first but she kept a souvenir blue dress which gave proof that Bill Clinton was a liar and led to his impeachment.

In the South Park episode the Trump character is trying unsuccessfully to tank his election because he doesn't have a plan for winning.

I heard speculation that Trump may be a trojan horse candidate capable of winning the Republican primaries but fatally flawed and unable to win the general election back when it still seemed possible that one of the other Republicans might beat him. If that is the case, well played Hillary.

We get the leaders we deserve. The choices for this election mean that the U.S. is likely to suffer a cataclysmic reality slap in the near future whichever of these two candidates win. There should be a none of the above option which I suspect would have a good chance of obraining a majority if it were an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X