American Chess Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

When I was a kid there were only 100 GMs and it was likely to have played through a game of all of them. Who are these people? And how many have written a chess book of their best games? Does there need to be a new title for the top 100? Even 100 GMs in the US, and we can only get a couple to play in Canadian events. Maybe we need to make a list of medium-low rated GMs to tour in several norm tournaments across Canada.
    If I was still organizing tournaments the first one I would invite is the Fed. I dont think we have any trouble getting American GM's (when their schedules are open), we just need more organizers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

If I was still organizing tournaments the first one I would invite is the Fed. I dont think we have any trouble getting American GM's (when their schedules are open), we just need more organizers.
      Hi Hans, if I may suggest, it might be more needing event(s) vs. needing Organizers. I've been mulling over ideas for new greater events, and The Fed's name has been proposed by an impressive series of people. I appreciate you mentioning him here specifically, that adds wind to my sails. OTB chess in Canada in 2022 might become tremendous?! Fair warning: I'll also be inviting YOU!!

Comment

Thanks for giving me time to prepare. But my FIDE rating may be too low for your requirements.

Comment

Thanks for giving me time to prepare. But my FIDE rating may be too low for your requirements.
          I wasn't emphasizing norm events ... just implying your popularity! :)

Comment

Thanks. That made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I wasn't emphasizing norm events ... just implying your popularity! :)
              I think Hans would be an excellent host, interviewer, and commentator for internet broadcasts of tournaments. He could also be the media liason, the person to explain to the press the event and players. As well as his knowledge of historical chess champions and decades of playing against masters, he has a friendly, warm and positive disposition. Great for tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

I think Hans would be an excellent host, interviewer, and commentator for internet broadcasts of tournaments. He could also be the media liason, the person to explain to the press the event and players. As well as his knowledge of historical chess champions and decades of playing against masters, he has a friendly, warm and positive disposition. Great for tv.
                Erik, brilliant!
                Hans, this is the perfect setup for engaging you for a future Closed/Zonal?!
                arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Erik, brilliant!
                  Hans, this is the perfect setup for engaging you for a future Closed/Zonal?!
                  arismarghetis at rogers dot com
                  Thanks Erik its a good thought.

Aris, assuming you are doing it I would still rather play, especially the next one.

Comment

Thanks Erik its a good thought.

Aris, assuming you are doing it I would still rather play, especially the next one.
                    Excellent! A part of me expects the first big OTB events after the pandemic will be huge!

Comment

Working...
                    X