This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on Stockhausen

Lynn Stringer has made inquiries with people who know and apparantly Peter is OK.

Re: News on Stockhausen

Great news that Peter is OK.

Comment

I am glad to hear that... I was worried that he went off some road somewhere. Now he just has to stop the sale of that stack of books! My daughter the picture and said 'look dad theres one of your books!'.

Comment

The E-bay posting has been modified. The starting bid has been dropped to 4k. Sadly, this text has also been added:

"Peter has apparently, with the assistance and support from the Canadian chess community, deliberately abandoned his only family, including a young dependent daughter, and taken all of the family's assets and support."

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
          The E-bay posting has been modified. The starting bid has been dropped to 4k. Sadly, this text has also been added:

"Peter has apparently, with the assistance and support from the Canadian chess community, deliberately abandoned his only family, including a young dependent daughter, and taken all of the family's assets and support."
          That *is* bizarre... I don't see the connection with the "Canadian chess community" - if that were true, he would most certainly be doomed...

There must be a lot more to this than is revealed in the Ebay posting (hardly a place for factual information about anything).
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

would that be the same Canadian chess community you want to spend 4k on the books?

as for me I don't even know the fellow and many on this board are in the same position

Comment

Peter had been one of the past Canadian Chess Federation Presidents, some time ago. I remember talking to him when he phoned me suprisingly at the time I was a CFC governer. That must be really bizarre.
              :(

Comment

News on Stockhausen

I suspect there is much we are not aware of here! Can anyone tell me the age of the 60 year old Peter Stockhausen's daughter? How young is she?

Comment

Ken, you have a private message.

Comment

Ditto

characters

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                      I suspect there is much we are not aware of here
                      I suspect as much.

However, the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are atypical of behavior beyond reproach.

Comment

I spoke to a friend of Peter's yesterday. The job went south and Peter went walkabout, wife and daughter left in the lurch. Tragic. I hope he finds his compass.

Comment

I am just glad he is alright. It was pretty obvious from the start that we weren't getting all the details... and nor should we. His private life is his private life and I am just happy to hear that hes still alive and kicking.

If he's looking for a job as a hotel manager, I noticed on the Government Job board that there is openings in Revelstoke. If anyone knows how to get a hold of him, perhaps they could pass this on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
                            I am just glad he is alright. It was pretty obvious from the start that we weren't getting all the details... and nor should we. His private life is his private life and I am just happy to hear that hes still alive and kicking.

If he's looking for a job as a hotel manager, I noticed on the Government Job board that there is openings in Revelstoke. If anyone knows how to get a hold of him, perhaps they could pass this on.
                            I hope you realize given the public information ( so far ) your position is absurd on this matter. The BC chess community looks bad right now by association, supporting the man and not his family. What are we missing here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                              would that be the same Canadian chess community you want to spend 4k on the books?

as for me I don't even know the fellow and many on this board are in the same position
                              I don't recall wanting anyone to spend $4K on the books...
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X