This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News on Stockhausen

Please Kerry when you have been sleeping or not paying attention don't come in on the end and try to take issue with something you don't know about.

To summarize for those that have not been paying attention this book collection has been listed for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $4000 or 4k as referred to in the top post & the other strings re this situation. The original bid was to be 7k.

Now you can go back to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
      I hope you realize given the public information ( so far ) your position is absurd on this matter. The BC chess community looks bad right now by association, supporting the man and not his family. What are we missing here ?
      Duncan you are absured, there are plenty of people in the BC chess community that have nothing to do with this. To smear eveyone in BC who plays chess or is a CFC member is absurd. If you know something name names, otherwise don't insult people you don't even know.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
        Please Kerry when you have been sleeping or not paying attention don't come in on the end and try to take issue with something you don't know about.

To summarize for those that have not been paying attention this book collection has been listed for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $4000 or 4k as referred to in the top post & the other strings re this situation. The original bid was to be 7k.

Now you can go back to sleep.
        You replied to my post asking the question "is that the same chess community you wanted to spend $4K on the books?" so I naturally thought "you" referred to me.

Which part of this do I not know about?
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

It is no wonder that the family has issues with the chess communities position when we get replies like yours on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            You replied to my post asking the question "is that the same chess community you wanted to spend $4K on the books?" so I naturally thought "you" referred to me.

Which part of this do I not know about?
            apparently how to read as the 'you' refers to the seller or sellers who wrote the ad on ebay (which granted you quoted but obviously I wasn't implying that you yourself wrote) & at the same time are apparently deriding the same 'Canadian chess community' (ie all of us) for this situation

to read my response as I thought you Kerry personally wanted someone to buy the collecton for 4k is silly

Comment

It is no wonder that the family has issues with the chess communities position when we get replies like yours on this forum.
              Duncan I don't know Peter Stockhausen, I have never met Peter Stockhausen, I am not involved in this situation at all just because I happen to live in Canada (or according to you any chess players who live in BC) and play chess and am also a member of the CFC, when I paid my membership fees I did not know I was signing up to take responsibility for other peoples unfortunate troubles, for example I herein make clear that I take no responsibility for any future actions of one Duncan Smith in case the same claim is made re yourself and the Canadian chess community in future

I have no way of helping in this situation, I have no way of making it right and I had nothing to do with making it wrong, I neither aided or abeted Peter Stockhausen in this apparent abandonment of family, I strongly suspect that 99.99% of the Canadian chess community are in the same position, if not 100%

if you know of anyone that has aided & abeted Peter Stockhausen in this situation then by all means speak up, if not then I don't see how you are helping the family by your bizzare posturing

the post you took exception to suggested a job he could apply for, obviously for him to support his family in the future he will need a job & funds to do so, far from being a bad thing its a sensible suggestion of how he can help himself and his family

there are lots of chess players in Canada and no we don't all end up in this kind of situation because we are part of the Canadian chess community and there is something about this community that leads to marital separation

to pretend that the chess community is somehow responsible for this to settle old Duncan Smith scores is sick, sick, sick

the one or two times I had any postings here that involved any discussion with Peter Stockhausen it was very limited

in my job as an Ontario Works caseworker I deal with this situation all the time, I will probably have a case similar to this waiting on my desk when I get back from vacation to take an application, I deal with family separations every day of the work week - I don't ask what the spouses hobbies were and then blame that 'community' for the separation
              Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Sunday, 26th July, 2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I hope you realize given the public information ( so far ) your position is absurd on this matter. The BC chess community looks bad right now by association, supporting the man and not his family. What are we missing here ?
                - public information given. He is missing, possibly dead? I don't see how being thankful that he is alive is a bad thing... thinking otherwise is ABSURD in my books.

- guilt by association?? sorry, but his PERSONAL life has NOTHING to do with his work with the CFC or Chess in general. All I proposed is that we haven't been given all the details... people and families split apart for many reasons, perhaps he had a nervous breakdown??? WE DON'T HAVE THE DETAILS. I for one am willing to give him the benefit of "innocent until proven guilty." what I stated that is that I was glad he was alive.

- I also didn't say anything about his family. Of course I feel for them... I DIDN'T SAY I PICKED A SIDE. Perhaps you should get some glasses... don't put words into my mouth which I DIDN'T STATE.

I really don't know Peter all that well... we have met and played against each other at a couple of tournaments. I have no 'vested interest' in this matter. but even if it was someone that I HATED, I would respond the same way. Not doing so shows something about YOUR character and others who are quick to stab him in the back without any details.

Comment

Listen mate, I hope Peter get's better ( if he's ill ) or atones for his actions ( if he's not ). The overdone rhetoric I can do without.
                  Last edited by Duncan Smith; Monday, 27th July, 2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Listen mate, I hope Peter get's better ( if he's ill ) or atones for his actions ( if he's not ). The overdone rhetoric I can do without.
                    Then perhaps you or others who publicly are quick to judge should take care with your statements. Call me absurd, and I will respond. Period. Overdone? I don't think so, it was nothing of what I was thinking.

Comment

Ken: Any chance this thread could be closed?

Larry: I agree. The thread has been closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X