Harper/Nakamura book coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper/Nakamura book coming

"In the fall, we’ll also be seeing the publication of Hikaru’s first book (in conjunction with co-author Bruce Harper), Bullet Chess: One Minute to Mate."

Will this be the complete collection of his bullet games, each fully annotated by BH ?

Rather, I expect an entertaining discussion of the tactics and psychology of elite blitzing play.

Re: Harper/Nakamura book coming

From a product description:
    Chess in the Fast Lane! Can anyone play a decent game of chess in one minute? Surprisingly, the answer is Yes as this unique book reveals. Bullet chess, where each player has one minute for the entire game, has attracted thousands of followers since it was popularized on the internet a decade ago. In this book the authors discuss the relationship between the position on the board and time on the clock, the techniques and dangers of pre-moving, bullet openings, the importance of the initiative and consistent strategy, and how endings are different in bullet chess. The authors also explore the psychology of bullet chess and the most common causes of tactical oversights and blunders. The many examples illustrate the principles of bullet chess and how they may even apply to blitz chess and time scrambles in standard chess. Most of all, bullet chess is shown to be entertaining and addictive, and not at all as random as it first appears.
    Probably H.N. did/does the last editing during CYCC :)

Comment

Harper/Nakamura book coming

Will signed copies be available from the authors?

Comment

Re: Harper/Nakamura book coming

Bruce and I are working on a possible book launch in Vancouver on one of the weekends in mid September. As Mr. Baljeu mentioned, it is a general discussion of all things bullet. I think it would take an awfully long time to annotate 10,000+ bullet games :)

Comment

Working...
        X