Seneca Hill Grand Prix 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seneca Hill Grand Prix 2018-2019

We have scheduled 6 tournaments in 2018-2019 Seneca Hill Grand Prix series.

Prizes and scholarships!
    ~$3000 cash for the Grand Prix winners!
    ~20 Free OCC entries! (GP1 and 2)
    ~More than $600 scholarship for Toronto Juniors (GP3)
    ~More will be added later to GP4-6
    ~$5 or $10 credit for players score over 2.5 out of 5. (GP1-5)
    Last edited by Corinna Wan; Thursday, 15th November, 2018, 04:59 PM.

Seneca Hill Grand Prix 1 - OCC qualifier 1 - December 8, 2018

Seneca Hill Chess is running an Ontario Chess Challenge qualifier (GP1) on December 8. To pay the lower fee, a player has to register and pay before November 18.

~10 Free OCC entries!
    ~qualified to the prestigious Ontario Chess Challenge organized by CMA
    Last edited by Corinna Wan; Thursday, 15th November, 2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Corinna Wan; Saturday, 17th November, 2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Seneca Hill OCC qualifier - GP1
        We now have about 150 players signed up. We expect that some grade players will move to the Elite Section later.
        Since most of our programs and locations were closed the past few days, we would accept the lower fee in cash or e-transfer until November 25 (instead of November 18).

Comment

Reminder: Tomorrow, November 25 is the last day to sign up with the lower fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Corinna Wan View Post
            Reminder: Tomorrow, November 25 is the last day to sign up with the lower fee.
            I have registered my child for this event but was just wondering what all of the OCC qualifiers are. Just wondering because I see some lower rated players in the elite section. Does it mean that there have been some qualifiers already?
            Last edited by Tony Li; Wednesday, 28th November, 2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post

I have registered my child for this event but was just wondering what all of the OCC qualifiers are. Just wondering because I see some lower rated players in the elite section. Does it mean that there have been some qualifiers already?
              Right, there are some other OCC qualifier tournaments already and tournament director will do the checking about the capability before the acceptance for elite section, some kids focus on regular tounament instead of active tornament which may lead to lower rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post

Right, there are some other OCC qualifier tournaments already and tournament director will do the checking about the capability before the acceptance for elite section, some kids focus on regular tounament instead of active tornament which may lead to lower rating.

Ok, I was looking at the calendar on the CMA website and did not see any other qualifiers. Is that calendar complete? https://chess-math.org/calendar. If not, how do people find out about events not on the calendar?

My reference to the lower rating is related to the rule that the top 10 qualify by rating, not to any skill level at all.

Comment

Ok, I was looking at the calendar on the CMA website and did not see any other qualifiers. Is that calendar complete? https://chess-math.org/calendar. If not, how do people find out about events not on the calendar?

My reference to the lower rating is related to the rule that the top 10 qualify by rating, not to any skill level at all.
                  Based on my experience, the list on CMA is not a full list, sometimes it's because the organizer does not want to advertise it, sometimes it's because they do not know how to make sure the tournament listed.

Comment

December 2 is the deadline to register online.
                    Please don't wait for onsite registration because we may not have any spots left.

Comment

First of all, please understand that the followings are only our practice at Seneca Hill Chess OCC qualifiers.

Top ten CMA rated in each grade will be automatically qualified to OCC. We do not know for sure who would be qualified now because CMA uses the rating in January. Other than top ten, a player can also be qualified through any OCC qualifiers.

The original purpose of the qualifiers is to qualify players who are not top ten players of each grade.

Elite section are planned for those who have already qualified to OCC but still want to play in the OCC qualifiers. Anyone can play in this section. However, this Elite section won't qualify players to OCC. 1 out of 4 will win a free entry to OCC.

Qualified players can still choose to play in the grade section to win the grade trophy. This player will not take up a qualify spot. Players qualified in the grade sections have the chance to win a free OCC entry. Seneca Hill Chess and our sponsors give out a total of 11 free OCC entries in OCC1.

Comment

OCC1 - December 8
                        We have already reached our maximum capacity. Thank you all for your support.
                        If you plan to come oniste tomorrow, we may be able to take one for each section.
                        We suggest that you register for our OCC2, which will be held on February 16. Online registration will be open tomorrow.
                        https://senecahillchess.com/2018/06/...e-qualifier-2/

Comment

Thanks, Corinna. Where would the closest parking be?

Comment

Hi Tony,

Parking lot is right outside the building, but there may not be enough for everyone today. Street parking is an alternative.
                            See you later.

Corinna

Comment

Results of Seneca Hill Chess OCC qualifier 1
                              https://senecahillchess.com/2018/12/...-live-results/

Comment

Working...
                              X