Another win in Serbia

http://chess-results.com/tnr388780.a...et=YES&flag=30

And now, GM Kaiqi Yang

Congratulations Yang Kaiqi!!

Comment

Great news! Congrats, GM Kaiqi Yang!

Comment

Moved to a new thread
        Last edited by Rene Preotu; Sunday, 17th March, 2019, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Not sure what the elephant is.
          If someone wants to denounce any malpractice on Eastern Europe tournaments, it should probably be done on a separate thread. Not when we are congratulating our new GM.

Kaiqi is a great player and kudos to him for getting his GM title.
          I don't think it's any secret that Canada is a tough place to pick up FIDE rating.
          Canada provides very few legitimate norm tournaments. They are very few and far-between. Playing two games in one day is also a very sub-optimal way to play for a norm, and hard to expect players to play at their highest level. Half the rounds are hardly given any time at all for preparation.
          Furthermore, being away from home and its distractions, allows serious players to fully focus on chess. Not to mention... a serious player can go abroad and string together a series of norm tournaments in his schedule, and again... be fully focused on chess. It seems to me that this approach would be the one to take for anyone who is serious about getting his norms.
          In Canada... good luck with that. Wait 6-12 months before another norm tournament comes up.

Alex F.

Comment

Sorry Alex but I haven't seen the post with your congratulations. I took your advice and I created a new thread.
            Thank you

Comment

Alright! Congratulations Kaiqi Yang!
              I think it's always a time to rejoice when Canada gets another GM. I only know Kaiqi a little bit. He has played in several GTA tournaments over the past few years and it's clear he was keen on becoming a GM. I've also seen two excellent lectures by Kaiqi.
              Alex F.

Comment

Congratulations to GM Yang!!
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Congratulations, GM Kaiqi Yang !!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks everybody!! Appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                      X