Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IS CFC website working

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    Dumb question (1): since when is Google the gate-keeper of the internet?
    Dumb question (2): if the website is off-line, how the heck is Google gonna scan it?
    Great questions, John. What is going on?

Dumb question (3): Are they abondoning the website in favour of a new one?
    Dumb question (4): Any truth to the rumour on Spraggett's blog about spending $20,000 on a new website?
    Dumb question (5): Is this being discussed on Governor's discussion board?

I look forward to a status update from CFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Great questions, John. What is going on?

Dumb question (3): Are they abondoning the website in favour of a new one?
      Dumb question (4): Any truth to the rumour on Spraggett's blog about spending $20,000 on a new website?
      Dumb question (5): Is this being discussed on Governor's discussion board?

I look forward to a status update from CFC.
      Look for the status update after they do whatever they intend to do... Haven't you learned anything Bob? :)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Dumb question (1): since when is Google the gate-keeper of the internet?
        Google isn't. The CFC have declared that they are.

Dumb question (2): if the website is off-line, how the heck is Google gonna scan it?
        Exactly.

Steve

Comment

Hi Bob:

I'm not sure about the reason for/need for the delay either, but I've asked Stijn if he can explain.

As to discussion on the CFC Governors' Discussion Board, nothing current there on any of this.

Bob

Comment

If I may paraphrase Henry II, "Will no one rid us of this turbulent organization?" Has it occurred to anyone that we (including me until last December) poor dumb bast*rds keep enabling this organization's serial failures by renewing our memberships? It's time to put this suffering dog down!
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I have now started a thread on the CFC Governors' Discussion Board to see what the opinions are of the Governors on the delay in putting back up the CFC website.

I am also trying to find out if this rumour about the CFC looking at getting a new website is just that - a rumour that needs to be put to bed.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                ...Has it occurred to anyone that we (including me until last December) poor dumb bast*rds keep enabling this organization's serial failures by renewing our memberships?...
                No, that thought hadn't occurred to me up until ... roughly 1998.
                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                X