Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

Victor. I assume this is the clause that was followed by Bob

"A Canadian may have an FQE, USCF or FIDE rated tournament count for their CFC rating by sending a notice and a $25 payment to the CFC office at least one month before the tournament."

There would be no other reason for an adjustment of a Canadian player.
    A rating shall be counted and a rating not be blindly taken from USCF calculations. This particular case just proves that CFC < USCF in points.

"Adjustment" was using event: http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain....822.1-16552121

Comment

" If a player is inactive in CFC events for a year but has a significant change in their FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, their CFC rating will be adjusted accordingly."

This is a quote from Fred's post (CFC Handbook).

The player was not inactive for a year, so absolutely no reason for the adjustment.
      Last edited by Victor Plotkin; Monday, 9th September, 2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
        " If a player is inactive in CFC events for a year but has a significant change in their FQE, USCF or FIDE rating, their CFC rating will be adjusted accordingly."

The player was not inactive for a year, so absolutely no reason for the adjustment.
        That part of the regulation refers ONLY to non-Canadian players. Yes it could be made clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post

I agree. Thank you Victor.

Comment

Just a quick question, Rapid is not Fide rated, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wang View Post
              Just a quick question, Rapid is not Fide rated, right?
              Assuming you are talking about CFC tournaments, I don't see why we couldn't send CFC Quick Chess games at the appropriate time control to FIDE for rating (either Rapid or Blitz). Rating fees for both CFC and FIDE would be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

Assuming you are talking about CFC tournaments, I don't see why we couldn't send CFC Quick Chess games at the appropriate time control to FIDE for rating (either Rapid or Blitz). Rating fees for both CFC and FIDE would be required.
                But we paid the registration fee for the afternoon rapid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wang View Post

But we paid the registration fee for the afternoon rapid.
                  Hi Chris. My guess is that you paid an ENTRY fee. I don't believe the organizers planned to have the event either CFC or CFC/FIDE rated.

Comment

Viktor and others, I would like to clarify the situation with regard to Joseph Benher Savio and the rating adjustment.
                    There is an article in the handbook that allows a player to request an adjustment to their CFC rating if they have a foreign rating significantly higher than their CFC rating:

441. CFC/FIDE/USCF/FQE Rating Adjustments.
                    A player who has attained a FIDE, USCF or FQE rating that is 200 or more points higher than his/her CFC rating may request that their CFC rating be adjusted to match their other rating, provided that player has played at least 10 games in the other system in the 12 months prior to the request. {October 2014, LeBlanc / Drkulec}

I received a request from the player with some background information concerning his recent USCF activity, coaching and and a couple of endorsements. The kid lives in Windsor where it is quite common for juniors to play regularly in USCF events.
                    I looked at his USCF record, noted that he was more active in the USCF (11 events this year compared to 5 CFC events). I also noted a steady upward trend and every indication that his 2044 USCF rating was merited.
                    I have to admit that his USCF/CFC gap was only 160 points, not the 200 specified in the CFC handbook. However, my judgement was that he should compete in the NAYCC as a 2044 player, not an 1884 player.
                    At the NAYCC, as Viktor pointed out he failed to perform at the 2044 level and was knocked back down to 1966.
                    In summary, I just want to point out that the player followed the correct procedure and the adjustment was made with the information available at the time. Let's see how his next couple of CFC events go.
                    Paul Leblanc
                    CFC Rating Auditor

Paul Leblanc
                    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X