COVID-19 ... how we cope :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Two phrases that I gleaned from this that I had never heard before:

    "humanized mice"
    "fecal dust"

    Homer: "What's for dinner Marge?"

    Marge: "Humanized mice stew."

    Bart: "I hope we have some parmesan cheese."

    Marge: "No, but we do have bat fecal dust."

    Homer: "MMMMM.... bat fecal dust."
    Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Tuesday, 7th September, 2021, 07:28 PM.

    Comment


    • Love to read the full 900 pages! Found this to be rather telling too...

      https://youtu.be/sSfejgwbDQ8?t=209


      And BTW / FYI I'm one of the select few to have one of these...

      TheBatmanKey.gif

      Anytime ... Anywhere ... Just sayin'

      :)




      .
      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Tuesday, 7th September, 2021, 04:47 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

        But if everything is a miracle .... then nothing is a miracle.

        (that can be interpreted in 2 equally valid ways)
        Everything is miraculous in the sense that existence cannot be explained, and is without explanation. The Laws of Nature pertain to that which exists, but offer no possible explanatiion for existence itself. A miracle by the conventional defintion is an event that takes place outside of the Laws of Nature, but existence itself is such an event and is thus the ultimate miracle.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

          Love to read the full 900 pages! Found this to be rather telling too...

          https://youtu.be/sSfejgwbDQ8?t=209


          And BTW / FYI I'm one of the select few to have one of these...

          TheBatmanKey.gif

          Anytime ... Anywhere ... Just sayin'

          :)




          .
          I bet there's a lot of bat fecal dust around that key.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

            Everything is miraculous in the sense that existence cannot be explained, and is without explanation. The Laws of Nature pertain to that which exists, but offer no possible explanatiion for existence itself. A miracle by the conventional defintion is an event that takes place outside of the Laws of Nature, but existence itself is such an event and is thus the ultimate miracle.
            That does tie in nicely with the Big Bang theory (not the TV show), because although scientists can use the laws of physics to "go back in time" to something like nanoseconds after the Big Bang, they cannot go back all the way to time 0. Because at that point, all the laws of physics break down. So perhaps then it is non-existence, i.e. the instant before the Big Bang, that is a miracle.

            If all the matter in the universe, including dark matter, were condensed down to an infinitesimal point at time 0, what existed outside of this point? Not space, not time, not spacetime, but a total void of anything at all?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
              If all the matter in the universe, including dark matter, were condensed down to an infinitesimal point at time 0, what existed outside of this point? Not space, not time, not spacetime, but a total void of anything at all?
              Yes, a total void. Existence comes from nothing since it is without any possible final explanation isofar as any explanation requires its own explanation ad infinitum. But we must also understand that it is not as if existence appeared from nothing and then exists on its own as anything permanent from that initial point onward. Existence continues to appear from nothing, the only thing permanent is change, there is no abiding or permanent substance, in other words, substance is nothing other than Time itself. Time comes from and returns to nothing instantaneously. Nothing is still. What changes? Change itself. Change changes. Existence is not one initial inexplicable miracle, it is continuous and ever changing anew miraculousness.

              The Big Bang as a theory seems correct to me, so long as it is understood that what Big Banged into existence is One thinking being that individuates and continues to be Big Banged. It is not as if the Big Bang produced something permanent, something that cannot cease to exist. The Big Bang continues until such time as it does not, after which there will be no more time. Nothing. Can existence continue forever? It is up to us, we have not destroyed it yet, but we are painfully close and we do not seem to be likely to wake up in time. Have fun while you can, and try to be loving.

              There is no God who will save us. We are God. It is very dangerous to have blind faith in an allegedly all powerful, all loving being and then just sit back and wait and expect all to turn out well in the long run as long we pray and toss twenty bucks into the pot every week or two. Religion has got to go, it is what destroys us. We need to take the power for ourselves, not pretend it already exists in some "loving" entity that tortures and kills us all because somebody ate a piece of fruit long, long ago.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1grhmdzoHrw

              Comment


              • Liberal demigod Bill Maher ... almost 70% of Democrats did much worse than Republicans in a COVID question Gallop Survey

                https://youtu.be/Qp3gy_CLXho?t=114

                ...just gotta love those woke Dems.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

                  ...just gotta love those woke Dems.
                  All politics is a scam. It is bad guys against bad guys. The right and the left are equally hopeless. As is democracy versus communism. The point is that if we love each other any system will work, but if we hate each other no system will work. Our problems are moral, not political. There is far too much hate and greed, not enough love and desire to share. Nature is slowly killing us off and we are too stupid to realize it. We are missing our last possible chance at survival.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

                    All politics is a scam. It is bad guys against bad guys. The right and the left are equally hopeless. As is democracy versus communism. The point is that if we love each other any system will work, but if we hate each other no system will work. Our problems are moral, not political. There is far too much hate and greed, not enough love and desire to share. Nature is slowly killing us off and we are too stupid to realize it. We are missing our last possible chance at survival.
                    In the USA and perhaps elsewhere, the whole "love" movement was tried in the late 1960s / early 1970s. It got quite serious, the young adults of the nation were against the establishment. To be part of the establishment was to be "square".

                    Predictably, it didn't last. Humans cannot have an egalitarian society. Greed will always come to the forefront. This has been programmed into us for the express purpose of keeping this world what it must be: a cesspool of suffering and inequality and injustice. It is meant to be that. This world is not our ultimate destiny, nor will it ever be that. Those who will love and share will do so, and those who will not are the ones who will run this world to whatever conclusion it must be.

                    Even the appearance out of the blue of covid is meant to tell us: we are not in control.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

                      We are missing our last possible chance at survival.
                      Crazy huh? That futile want of permanence. Like a stench that never goes away.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

                        the whole "love" movement was tried in the late 1960s / early 1970s. It got quite serious, the young adults of the nation were against the establishment. To be part of the establishment was to be "square"... Predictably, it didn't last.
                        My hope had been that when that generation was old enough to take power the world would change. But almost everyone sold out. The few who remained true either overdosed or were assassinated. All that we have left is the music.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MbqzDm1uCo

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

                          Crazy huh? That futile want of permanence. Like a stench that never goes away.
                          Ahhh yesssss..... the stench of bat fecal dust. And so things come full circle.

                          Comment


                          • CBC article re "pros" of vaccination. Interestingly, vaccination seems even more effective in Canada than the U.S., maybe due to different adherence levels to layered protection practices.

                            It seems darn COVID still has a chance against vaccination, but the real "win" via vaccination is reduced death rate. And in the end, reducing death is a most wonderful "win" for humanity.

                            https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid...ng_1617_311581

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

                              Yes, a total void. Existence comes from nothing since it is without any possible final explanation isofar as any explanation requires its own explanation ad infinitum. But we must also understand that it is not as if existence appeared from nothing and then exists on its own as anything permanent from that initial point onward. Existence continues to appear from nothing, the only thing permanent is change, there is no abiding or permanent substance, in other words, substance is nothing other than Time itself. Time comes from and returns to nothing instantaneously. Nothing is still. What changes? Change itself. Change changes. Existence is not one initial inexplicable miracle, it is continuous and ever changing anew miraculousness.

                              The Big Bang as a theory seems correct to me, so long as it is understood that what Big Banged into existence is One thinking being that individuates and continues to be Big Banged. It is not as if the Big Bang produced something permanent, something that cannot cease to exist. The Big Bang continues until such time as it does not, after which there will be no more time. Nothing. Can existence continue forever? It is up to us, we have not destroyed it yet, but we are painfully close and we do not seem to be likely to wake up in time. Have fun while you can, and try to be loving.

                              There is no God who will save us. We are God. It is very dangerous to have blind faith in an allegedly all powerful, all loving being and then just sit back and wait and expect all to turn out well in the long run as long we pray and toss twenty bucks into the pot every week or two. Religion has got to go, it is what destroys us. We need to take the power for ourselves, not pretend it already exists in some "loving" entity that tortures and kills us all because somebody ate a piece of fruit long, long ago.

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1grhmdzoHrw

                              Ok, so before the Big Bang, all the matter and energy in the universe is compressed into a tiny point surrounded by a "void" which is a lack of both time and space (or lack of as Einstein proposed a single entity known as spacetime).

                              So there's two things I can think of about this: what if this void, this lack of spacetime, is normally like a pressure keeping the universe so tiny? Imagine it likea tiny point of highly-compressed gas down at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific Ocean, compressed into that tiny point by some kind of pressuring force. In the case of the ocean, you have the weight of all that water providing the compressing force. In the case of the void, the lack of space and time may somehow create a surrounding pressure. And then something happened not WITHIN the universe to allow the Big Bang to happen, but from WITHOUT the universe: the pressure was "relaxed". And it is still relaxing, because the universe is still expanding outwards in all directions, meaning that countless, unimagineable amounts of spacetime are being created each second of time.

                              The amount of new spacetime being created is rising exponentially towards infinity. The universe is agreed to be about 92 billion light years in diameter. That's a pretty big sphere growing outward in all directions at nearly the speed of light.

                              Since spacetime is an entity, it is being created from nothing. Unlike normal matter and energy, which cannot be created from nothing, so the matter and energy in the universe is getting diluted more and more each second (in terms of units of energy / matter per unit of spacetime).

                              (EDIT: or perhaps it could be stated that the fact of the passage of time in itself creates spacetime, in an exponentially greater amount as more time passes.)

                              The second thing I thought about was this: imagine you could "zoom out" your view of "everything" way beyond the edge of the universe. Just keep zooming out, zooming out.... until what is the current universe is again nothing but a tiny point, relatively speaking. So again, you have this tiny (but expanding) point of the universe surrounded by the void. Imagine the pressure the void is (supposedly) exerting to contain the growth rate of the universe suddenly relaxes by some unusually high measure, allowing the growing universe to "explode" in a second Big Bang. And then, couldn't this process repeat infinitely many times? The void goes on in all directions for infinity, meaning one could continually "zoom out" to make the current universe a tiny point (relatively speaking).

                              I would think that if this were the case, the current speed limit of the universe (the speed of light) would suddenly increase by some huge amount with each successive Big Bang, allowing each Big Bang to be just like an explosion (from the zoomed-out point of view).

                              We would never be able to prove this except to observe the speed limit, the speed of light, to suddenly jump by some unimaginable amount. It would do this at all points within the universe, simultaneously, almost instantly, if the relaxation of the void's pressure was big enough and instant in itself.

                              Thus in this scenario, this great "constant" of our universe, the speed of light, would not be a constant, it is only being held constant right now by the pressure being exerted by the void. If it could be proven somehow that previous to the last Big Bang, the point containing the universe was actually growing slowly, perhaps for billions or trillions of years as we measure time now, then this scenario would have to be taken very seriously. I don't know if I"m the originator of this idea of repetitive Big Bangs, but it certainly is fascinating!

                              The other thing is that we humans cannot imagine total lack of space. The void cannot be fathomed by our minds. We can imagine lack of time, where everything is at absolute zero, totally at rest, nothing moving and nothing changing, but we can't imagine lack of space. Well, at least i haven't heard of anyone imagining total lack of space.


                              Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Saturday, 11th September, 2021, 09:37 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                                CBC article re "pros" of vaccination. Interestingly, vaccination seems even more effective in Canada than the U.S., maybe due to different adherence levels to layered protection practices.

                                It seems darn COVID still has a chance against vaccination, but the real "win" via vaccination is reduced death rate. And in the end, reducing death is a most wonderful "win" for humanity.

                                https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid...ng_1617_311581
                                Dear Aris,
                                You are posting propaganda from state-sponsored media that is basing their article on falsified data. The vaccine reports from Isreal, and the Uk as well as Eudravigialence database from the EU https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-r...avigilancethat I have previously posted here paint the opposite picture. This comes as no surprise as the CDC has changed the definition of what "vaccinated" individuals are to support their pro-vaccine narrative. For example, people with only a single injection or who received their injection in the prior two weeks to hospitalization are counted as "unvaccinated."
                                In Canada health care professionals on the front line are simply told to lie about what is going on. Please consider this open letter from healthcare professionals in British Columbia to BC health minister Bonnie Henry
                                https://goldtadise.com/wp-content/up...o-BH-AD-JH.pdf
                                Or this internal meeting regarding data reporting at a hospital in Ontario
                                https://twitter.com/DoctorOntario/st...93599232610316

                                Best,
                                Sid



                                .



                                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 12th September, 2021, 11:17 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X