Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Well at least that article didn't show Obama's children in cages and blame it on Trump.
    Come on, Vlad. Your answer is just another one of your frequent deflections. Trump often does the same thing. Trump is looooonng past even the most generous honeymoon period that his most ardent supporters might have wished to grant him. He's President of a country with the world's most powerful military and most powerful economy. In such a situation, I'm sure there are many, Republicans and Democrats, who expect a new President to hit the ground running - forget about a honeymoon period. At this stage in his presidency it doesn't matter where a problem originated. If America has a problem then it is Trump's problem to fix and it doesn't matter if the problem was caused by Obama or anybody else. One of the most pathetic things about Trump is his chronic whining that whatever is under discussion is not his fault. If Trump was a leader and had an ounce of compassion he'd agree that the US made a mistake seperating migrant children from their parents and he'd order his buteaucracy to find their parents. So Vlad, either admit that you're really an uncaring, unfeeling person or, alternatively, that you're just another troll trying to stir the pot at the expense of a tragic situation.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Trump is the anointed one.
      Oh yes, and please explain what you mean by the above.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Trump is extremely good at projection and deflection. Of course, whining about the rules or the circumstances or the moderators or whatever is just what he does. Have you noticed that he constantly claims that X will be the best you have ever seen ... followed by simply "best you've ever seen" ... followed by "the best". This pattern of repetitive trolling is for the toothless masses at his rallies - he has to repeat things at a grade 3 level so they will remember it for a little while. He does the same - even more if that is possible on phone-in shows where he usually is asked a specific question which he artfully dodges and waxes on about dishwashers or water usage or showers ... Once in a while he will claim Biden wants to do X when anyone with a brain will know that it is likely that Biden has never mentioned X or has explicitly stated the opposite. God I am so weary of all this garbage and if I were American I would vote for ANYONE or ANYTHING other than Trump just for the relief.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          Trump is extremely good at projection and deflection. Of course, whining about the rules or the circumstances or the moderators or whatever is just what he does. Have you noticed that he constantly claims that X will be the best you have ever seen ... followed by simply "best you've ever seen" ... followed by "the best". This pattern of repetitive trolling is for the toothless masses at his rallies - he has to repeat things at a grade 3 level so they will remember it for a little while. He does the same - even more if that is possible on phone-in shows where he usually is asked a specific question which he artfully dodges and waxes on about dishwashers or water usage or showers ... Once in a while he will claim Biden wants to do X when anyone with a brain will know that it is likely that Biden has never mentioned X or has explicitly stated the opposite. God I am so weary of all this garbage and if I were American I would vote for ANYONE or ANYTHING other than Trump just for the relief.
          I've done a lot of graphics for American companies and institutions over the last couple of decades.
          I mean a lot.
          Lots.

;)

And I love taking a look at other graphic design firms and how they handle branding and graphics in general. I've noticed that 'dummy down' is a major contributing factor to a brand's evolution.

Take for instance MasterCard...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	MC_logo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.0 KB ID:	209282

...perfect example of how a brand becomes dummy down. I would use the word 'simplified' or even the ever misleading phrase 'less-is-more' or even 'memorable' ...but that is not what is at the core. What is at the core is a collective effort to dummy down an entire population. Far lower than any grade 3 level. Lower down, down to a primal 'grunt'.

This goes across all political, religious, business spectrums.

Nothing to do with Trump.
          Nothing.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Wednesday, 21st October, 2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• S&P 500 has predicted the election winner 87% of the time in nearly 100 years.

If stocks are higher in the 3-month period before the election than they were at the beginning of the year, the incumbent party generally tends to win.

January 2020 the S&P 500 was at around 3,000 ... since July 2020 the S&P 500 has been well above.

Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
              S&P 500 has predicted the election winner 87% of the time in nearly 100 years.

If stocks are higher in the 3-month period before the election than they were at the beginning of the year, the incumbent party generally tends to win.

January 2020 the S&P 500 was at around 3,000 ... since July 2020 the S&P 500 has been well above.

Ha!
              SP500 was 3230 at the beginning of the year. Last 3 months (Aug-Oct) SP500 fluctuated from 3250 to 3580. The average of last 3 months was around 3400. Sure, 3400 is about 5% higher than 3230, but is it enough?

Last election, SP 500 also was higher before the election than at the beginning of 2016. Still, incumbent party lost.

I agree that strong stock market is good for the incumbent. Trump understands it really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Come on, Vlad. Your answer is just another one of your frequent deflections. Trump often does the same thing. Trump is looooonng past even the most generous honeymoon period that his most ardent supporters might have wished to grant him. He's President of a country with the world's most powerful military and most powerful economy.
                That military should be brought home and placed on the border.

In such a situation, I'm sure there are many, Republicans and Democrats, who expect a new President to hit the ground running - forget about a honeymoon period. At this stage in his presidency it doesn't matter where a problem originated. If America has a problem then it is Trump's problem to fix and it doesn't matter if the problem was caused by Obama or anybody else. One of the most pathetic things about Trump is his chronic whining that whatever is under discussion is not his fault. If Trump was a leader and had an ounce of compassion he'd agree that the US made a mistake seperating migrant children from their parents and he'd order his buteaucracy to find their parents. So Vlad, either admit that you're really an uncaring, unfeeling person or, alternatively, that you're just another troll trying to stir the pot at the expense of a tragic situation.
                You are locked in a prison of two ideas neither of which describes reality.

The tragic situation is that a corrupt, senile old fart is the Democratic nominee for president.

Hunter Biden brought up his sister-in-law's allegations of refusal to allow children to visit their uncle due to inappropriate contact with a female child with his father in an email. Joe Biden will not be able to say he never knew.

The anti-Trump debate commission will never be in charge of another debate.

The Big Tech giants are going to be broken up and brought to heel.

The Toobin situation is hilarious and could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Isis was destroyed.

Some of the "parents" are not parents but people who rented kids to help them cross the border. Should the following three situations been allowed to happen by Democratic judges and prosecutors?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...op-faces-judge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...police-officer

https://republicangazette.com/2020/1...lice-sergeant/
                Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 22nd October, 2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Oh yes, and please explain what you mean by the above.
                  It is self-explanatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    God I am so weary of all this garbage and if I were American I would vote for ANYONE or ANYTHING other than Trump just for the relief.
                    Yes, totally agree. It is shocking to see that this is still a race. 4 years ago, I can understand people desperate for a change, subject to all the Trump propaganda, and accustomed to voting for the tribe, ignorant of his history or willing to take a chance, voting for Trump. But in 2020, we all know who Trump is. If you vote for Trump, you own it.

Comment

That military should be brought home and placed on the border.

You are locked in a prison of two ideas neither of which describes reality.

The tragic situation is that a corrupt, senile old fart is the Democratic nominee for president.

Hunter Biden brought up his sister-in-law's allegations of refusal to allow children to visit their uncle due to inappropriate contact with a female child with his father in an email. Joe Biden will not be able to say he never knew.

The anti-Trump debate commission will never be in charge of another debate.

The Big Tech giants are going to be broken up and brought to heel.

The Toobin situation is hilarious and could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Isis was destroyed.

Some of the "parents" are not parents but people who rented kids to help them cross the border. Should the following three situations been allowed to happen by Democratic judges and prosecutors?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...op-faces-judge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-i...police-officer

https://republicangazette.com/2020/1...lice-sergeant/
                      From top to bottom, more deflection b.s.

Comment

It is self-explanatory.
                        No it's not. You said, "Trump is the annointed one." Now explain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Yes, totally agree. It is shocking to see that this is still a race. 4 years ago, I can understand people desperate for a change, subject to all the Trump propaganda, and accustomed to voting for the tribe, ignorant of his history or willing to take a chance, voting for Trump. But in 2020, we all know who Trump is. If you vote for Trump, you own it.
                          A good read:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trump/616815/

Comment

No it's not. You said, "Trump is the annointed one." Now explain it.
                            Don't lie Peter. I am a better speller than that. Trump is the anointed one.

Comment

• Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.
                              1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
                              2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
                              3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
                              4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
                              5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
                              6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
                              7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
                              8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
                              9. The group/leader is always right.
                              10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                                Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.
                                1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
                                2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
                                3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
                                4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
                                5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
                                6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
                                7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
                                8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
                                9. The group/leader is always right.
                                10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
                                Ah yes ... CNN.

And their cult-like followers ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X