Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While trying to prove voter fraud in Michigan, Trump's legal team used data taken from counties in Minnesota: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...ove-vote-fraud

Sean Hannity seems to be having even worse problems with Michigan: https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ty/6353741002/

Comment

• Pennsylvania and Michigan are expected to certify their election results today. However, Trump continues to claim he won the election and is pressuring state legislatures to award him their electoral college votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Pennsylvania and Michigan are expected to certify their election results today. However, Trump continues to claim he won the election and is pressuring state legislatures to award him their electoral college votes.
        This is what worries me: him pressuring the state level people to NOT assign the electoral votes to Biden.
        As far as I can tell, the practice of changing electoral college assignment is referred to as "faithless electors" (eh?)

Googling that phrase coughs up a lot of interesting reading...

for example, good old Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

If this happens to any serious degree (or at all) I would expect Biden and his crew will sue to overturn that... yada yada.

The U.S. election system is an amazing maze of stupid rules, regulations, precedents, laws (maybe)
        and since it is managed at the State level it is guaranteed to be a gong show.

...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Seems that Trump has finally given the go ahead for the administration to cooperate with the transition team and even that unctuous woman who is head of the G.S.A. has also finally agreed to release funding for the transition team.
          However, Trump vowed to continue to fight the results of the election - no surprise there - that will be written on his tombstone "they stole the election from me"
          Good riddance.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            However, Trump vowed to continue to fight the results of the election - no surprise there - that will be written on his tombstone "they stole the election from me"
            Good riddance.
            It's all about collecting the money from the rubes. The money is so that Trump can think of himself as the "winner". It won't work, of course, though he'll get lots of money from the gulls. He will know deep down that he's a loser and it will act as a corrosive on his well being, making him even more bitter and angry. He is not only a loser he is a *bad* loser which makes him an even worse loser. Trump is the guy who, when you checkmate him right on the board, moves his K four squares and claims that *you* lost the game.

Comment

• I want to congratulate all Biden supporters and Trump haters. I understand that there were 4 very tough years for you. Absolutely no sarcasm here. Now, it's time for Trump supporters to suffer.

Unlike many others, I don't expect Trump to make another run in 2024. I don't expect Biden to be there as well.

Back in Soviet history, Biden reminds me Chernenko, who was the last ruler of the USSR before Gorbachev. He was a ruler for the very short time, only about a year (1984-85). He was very old and did almost nothing. The last year of stagnation in USSR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
                Unlike many others, I don't expect Trump to make another run in 2024. I don't expect Biden to be there as well.
                I would agree. Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Nevada have all certified Biden as the winner. Trump has lost all his legal battles. So unless Trump plans on parading tanks down Pennsylvania avenue, that's it. Biden wins whatever is left of America.

Victor, I was wondering if the bookmakers were taking any bets on 2024 yet. In particular, Ivanka vs. AOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

I would agree. Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Nevada have all certified Biden as the winner. Trump has lost all his legal battles. So unless Trump plans on parading tanks down Pennsylvania avenue, that's it. Biden wins whatever is left of America.

Victor, I was wondering if the bookmakers were taking any bets on 2024 yet. In particular, Ivanka vs. AOC.
                  Yes, they take. Usually, I don't like to make my bets for 4 years ahead and lock my money for such a long period.

Favorites:

Harris - 4.5
                  Biden - 5
                  Trump senior - 9
                  Pence - 11
                  Cortez - 19
                  Ivanka Trump - 26

Comment

Yes, they take. Usually, I don't like to make my bets for 4 years ahead and lock my money for such a long period.

Favorites:

Harris - 4.5
                    Biden - 5
                    Trump senior - 9
                    Pence - 11
                    Cortez - 19
                    Ivanka Trump - 26
                    And representing the Grand Old Party and the religious right - Krusty the Klown!
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Favorites:

Harris - 4.5
                      Biden - 5
                      Trump senior - 9
                      Pence - 11
                      Cortez - 19
                      Ivanka Trump - 26

Are there any posted odds for Mark Cuban as next POTUS? He has made some mention in the past about a Presidential run (for Democrats I believe). He would definitely be a long shot to even run, let alone win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

And representing the Grand Old Party and the religious right - Krusty the Klown!
                        Peter, I think you know that there are some very decent people in the Republican party in the U.S. Each party has its own extremist supporters. That said, I have never seen a presidential candidate, let alone a sitting president, who has been so determined to appeal to the "nutbar" section of the party's political base as Trump. He has been/was the most divisive U.S. president that I have seen in my lifetime.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                          Seems that Trump has finally given the go ahead for the administration to cooperate with the transition team and even that unctuous woman who is head of the G.S.A. has also finally agreed to release funding for the transition team.
                          I think you are doing the woman a disservice here. She was in no-man's-land. Trump hadn't conceded, counts were still ongoing, lawsuits were flying everywhere. IMHO she wanted to find a way to make it happen and once Michigan and Pennsylvania certified their results she acted. Trump later tweeted that he authorized her to do so. Her letter to Biden says differently.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post

Peter, I think you know that there are some very decent people in the Republican party in the U.S. ....
                            Four years ago, maybe even three years ago, I would have said the same thing, Steve. Given the relatively tiny number of Republican members of Congress who had the courage and integrity to speak out publicly against Trump, and given the ~ 70 million Republicans who voted for him in 2020, I say there aren't enough decent people left in the Republican Party to worry about.
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Favorites:

Harris - 4.5
                              Biden - 5
                              Trump senior - 9
                              Pence - 11
                              Cortez - 19
                              Ivanka Trump - 26
                              Paul Ryan is an interesting prospect. I've wondered if he ducked out when he did because his political and human instincts told him he could limit the Trump "stink" on himself and keep alive his presidential hopes for the future.

Comment

Favorites:

Harris - 4.5
                                Biden - 5
                                Trump senior - 9
                                Pence - 11
                                Cortez - 19
                                Ivanka Trump - 26
                                Oh wow, it was almost a rhetorical question, but I guess you can place a bet on anything!!

I see Harris and/or Biden are the favourites for 2024. Not too surprising, but........

I would suggest you place a bet on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) at 19 to 1. The progressives in the Democratic party did well this election, increasing their numbers and all incumbants being re-elected. Their platform and leader, Bernie Sanders, are very popular. Her odds are sure to drop before 2024. So even if she doesn't win, you should be able to cover your position with insurance bets.

Comment

Working...
                                X