2200 assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice finish in the last game Amit. You could view it as graduation. I would think you should be playing a level higher and your new rating confirms it. It seems 1400 -1500 would be a good new challenge. (of course my recommendations are probably worth less than the price of a coffee)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I think I might catch up to you, heading in the opposite direction lol

Last night, vs. a nice kid, I suffered a simple piece-losing fork-check!
      At your level, one small slipup can be decisive, I guess. I am still depending on opponent's blunders to overcome my own ; hope I reach your level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Nice finish in the last game Amit. You could view it as graduation. I would think you should be playing a level higher and your new rating confirms it. It seems 1400 -1500 would be a good new challenge. (of course my recommendations are probably worth less than the price of a coffee)
        Thanks for always finding something nice to say, Hans. I don't think I am quite there yet , or even at my current rating level, if you see how I played in games 3 & 4.

Still struggling with openings and tactics in complex positions. My next tournament starts in 6 weeks. Hope I improve by then.

Comment

• Keep truckin' Amit........we all are struggling.........from 1922 to 1455! You, at least, are headed in the right direction!

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Keep truckin' Amit........we all are struggling.........from 1922 to 1455! You, at least, are headed in the right direction!

Bob A
            Thank you, Bob, for your encouraging words. I think I need a couple of tournaments more to better evaluate my trajectory, but thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              ........we all are struggling.........from 1922 to 1455! ...

Bob A
              I hear ya Bob ... forced bye tonight ... can't WAIT until my next rating hahahaha

Comment

• Hi Aris:

I think we dinosaurs are all waiting breathlessly for FIDE's big solution to "Rating Deflation".........will it be deja vu all over again........remember those rating "boons" of the past?

Will our ratings suddenly, though sadly, likely, temporarily, suddenly reverse direction?

Bob A

Comment

• Update : Finished my 2nd tournament with 1/5. Rating is 1250, down from 1364.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year wishes to everyone ; hope 2024 will be a year of learning and growing.

Comment

Working...
                  X