2200 assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
    It all depends what you are looking for. McDonald's "Ruy Lopez" is a solid choice, and I have heard good things about Hunt's "Chess Strategy" from a few folks. In addition to the Lopez book, I also have the KIA and Caro-Kann in the Move-by-Move series.
    Thank you, Sam!

Comment

Has anyone finished the Woodpecker Method? Care to share how long you spent?

So far I've finding the woodpecker spirit is not required. There are a lot of easier questions thrown in randomly, and haven't felt "stuck" yet.

Comment

Learning to mate with B+N is not that hard and can provide you with a win instead of a draw if you ever run into it. I have had to show that I know this mate twice.

Lichess has a half-decent page on it here: https://lichess.org/practice/checkma...lXnmM/D23EYigW
        and I use this page every week or so for practice: https://www.chessvideos.tv/endgame-t...-checkmate.php
        I have nothing important to say.

Comment

STATUS UPDATE:

No concrete progress, really. Have been doing tactics puzzles regularly, but not playing regularly at all. Most of my chess time goes with Raunak, who can now beat me, unless I play very carefully. He used to blunder a lot, but now that has reduced quite a bit.

Hope to start playing atleast a few correspondence games over the next few weeks, and put up a decent fight with my son. Next update: June end.

P.S : Meant to post this at March end, but forgot.

Comment

Sam,
            I am surprised nobody questioned you sign-off quote about the pawns and king going into the same box. You say is of Irish origin. I always thought it was Italian.

Comment

I've seen it attributed to many nationalities, Mario, including Italian.

EDIT: I've updated it to be more in line with reality. :)
              Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Thursday, 20th May, 2021, 08:10 PM.
              I have nothing important to say.

Comment

Working...
              X