Vaccine Pre-Requisite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    This document has some very interesting information about the vaccine program and COVID!9. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!
    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/99d...hitepaper2.pdf
    My computer failed to load the pdf document. I wonder why LOL!
    Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post

My computer failed to load the pdf document. I wonder why LOL!
      Fred, the link works on my computer so probably a local problem with yours.

Comment

Fred, the link works on my computer so probably a local problem with yours.
        Yeah, probably my security software is working well......!
        Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post

Yeah, probably my security software is working well......!
          Unlikely, the link is a secure https:// connection

Comment

There is a problem with the website's security certificate:

--2020-12-27 15:24:07-- https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/99d...hitepaper2.pdf
            Resolving img1.wsimg.com... 23.10.142.42
            Connecting to img1.wsimg.com|23.10.142.42|:443... connected.
            ERROR: cannot verify img1.wsimg.com's certificate,
            issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=Starfield Technologies, Inc./OU=http://certs.starfieldtech.com/repository//CN=Starfield Secure Certificate Authority - G2':
            Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

If you copy the link and change "https" to "http" (ie: use a non-secure connection) you can retrieve the .pdf file.

here is a link to a check of the certificate (it seems to have expired)

http://www.sslchecker.com/sslchecker...7d81535fef3ffd

Last edited by Kerry Liles; Sunday, 27th December, 2020, 04:31 PM. Reason: added link to a check of the certificate
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I have a copy of the .pdf if anyone wants it, just PM me and I can email it to you...

I have not read through it (31 pages with many links to other papers or websites or additional info)
              but -perhaps unsurprisingly- it seems to postulate that COVID-19 has been blown out of proportion
              and could have been handled differently (more or less what Sid has been saying)

America’s Frontline Doctors
              White Paper On COVID-19
              Experimental Vaccines
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                I have a copy of the .pdf if anyone wants it, just PM me and I can email it to you...

I have not read through it (31 pages with many links to other papers or websites or additional info)
                but -perhaps unsurprisingly- it seems to postulate that COVID-19 has been blown out of proportion
                and could have been handled differently (more or less what Sid has been saying)

America’s Frontline Doctors
                White Paper On COVID-19
                Experimental Vaccines
                Thank you Kerry, I will let the webmaster know of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

A negative COVID test is meaningless unless you are tested at the door before you enter the tournament hall.
                  Although a rapid test gives results in 20 minutes, the normal test results may take a couple of day so need to be tested a few days before. Then there's contact at the airport and other tourists/staff in the Banff resort so will still need to wear masks, frequent hand washing, and monitor temperature daily. (And take Vitamins A, C, Zinc.) Any symptoms requires withdrawal and self isolation - have to book an extra week in the hotel. Tournament not recommended for seniors or those with a compromised immunity system.

Comment

Let's say the usual 70% or so of people get the vaccine.
                    My question is this: will chess players attend a tournament where they know 30% of the players have not been vaccinated?
                    Even the vaccinated players may hesitate knowing that the effectiveness of the vaccine is only 95% and 30% of the players could be carrying the virus.
                    On the issue of proof of vaccine, I think people are generally honest about this sort of thing.
                    Paul Leblanc
                    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

I can see the possibility of vaccinated only tournaments, or perhaps vaccinated and non vaccinated sections!
                      I hope the authorities will give us certificates of vaccination!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

Although a rapid test gives results in 20 minutes, the normal test results may take a couple of day so need to be tested a few days before. Then there's contact at the airport and other tourists/staff in the Banff resort so will still need to wear masks, frequent hand washing, and monitor temperature daily. (And take Vitamins A, C, Zinc.) Any symptoms requires withdrawal and self isolation - have to book an extra week in the hotel. Tournament not recommended for seniors or those with a compromised immunity system.
                        Masks are a virtue signal and virtually useless in stopping the spread. One health professional likened it to putting up a chain link fence and hoping that it would keep mosquitoes out.

Comment

The decision to take a vaccine is a personal decision between a patient and his Dr. No one has the right to pressure a healthy non contagious person into taking a rushed and therefore potentially very dangerous vaccine. These vaccines are still part of a trial and the recipients are in effect human guinea pigs.
                          i would never willingly take a COVID19 vaccine and would have no compunction to sue any business, govt entity or organizer trying to dictate what medications go into my body.
                          Do you support the right of a private business or organization refusing service without proof of vaccine?

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

Do you support the right of a private business or organization refusing service without proof of vaccine?
                            It depends on whether one wishes to buy something from that establishment.
                            Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Wednesday, 30th December, 2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post

It depends on whether one wishes to buy something from that establishment.
                              Obviously, my point is that you do. For example, would you support Air Canada refusing to allow a passenger who did not have proof of vaccination (assuming that it was properly warned at ticket purchase time that you would not be allowed to board without such proof)?

Comment

I am definitely in the "be safe, stay home, get vaccinated" camp. Others are not and may vary their response on business-x or company-y's service refusal based on whether or not if caused them any personal inconvenience.

Let's face it, even though our numbers are better than the US's (by more than the population size factor), sadly we have our share of crazy and conspiracy folks as well.
                                Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Wednesday, 30th December, 2020, 04:00 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X