Kevin's at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin's at it again!

Or maybe "still". Kevin Spraggett's is blogging about the state of Canadian chess. He even mentions Chesstalk! We're famous!

http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/

Re: Kevin's at it again!

It was a very entertaining article. I might just become a regular reader.

Comment

I've been a regular reader for months, waiting for his promised blockbuster article, in 5 parts, on the scandalous history of the CFC. Has Kevin abandoned his blockbuster in favour of a weekly serial?;)

Comment

Oh I see I'm included in those who have stolen money from the CFC. Maybe he can pass along the bank account number (overseas I presume) as well, I could really use that money right about now :)
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          Or maybe "still". Kevin Spraggett's is blogging about the state of Canadian chess. He even mentions Chesstalk! We're famous!

I think it's time the CFC fessed up: Maybe the reason their site's down is that they finally published Kevin's expose on Canadian chess on August 28 and Google quickly detected the virus and promptly blacklisted them.

This is a job for Inspector Dixon of Kingston Yard!

Steve

(apologies to Mr. Daffodil)

Comment

Is that above mentioned website - Kevin Spraggett's real one or somebody else?

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post

Is that above mentioned website - Kevin Spraggett's real one or somebody else?

:)
              It is believed to be Kevin's website... however, remember that famous adage: "on the Internet, nobody knows you are a dog"
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                Oh I see I'm included in those who have stolen money from the CFC. Maybe he can pass along the bank account number (overseas I presume) as well, I could really use that money right about now :)
                I just took a look at his blog, after a long absence...gee...give me $5 for every falsehood that appears there and I will be able to retire tomorrow LOL

KEVIN IS A GREAT CANADIAN CHESSPLAYER!

What he has accomplished is awesome, especially since he came from a country where chess does not receive a great deal of respect and support... hence the necessary structure to develop talented players does not exist.

He has talent AND he worked extremely hard. He deserves our respect as a chessplayer.

I went to High School with Kevin.

Jim, his brother, was a good friend for many years and we reconnected lately thanks to the website he put together on the Spraggett family....Jim has confirmed that he will be coming to our 25th anniversary party...WOW!

Now that made my day :)

His other brothers, Mark and Grant were also people I spent time with over the years. They are all good people....and they all play chess :)

Good luck Kevin in all your future projects!

And Jimmy...Willy Nilly to you!...(inside joke)

Sincerely,

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                  I just took a look at his blog, after a long absence...gee...give me $5 for every falsehood that appears there ......

Can we share? It seems like too much money for man of simple means.....

Comment

Brutal video...

The latest screed at Kevin's Blog of Horrors points to a video apparently of Peter Stockhausen's wife ... pleading for help and wondering why Peter has left her and their daughter in apparently financial ruin...

That's all I could figure out in between the sobbing and etc.

"we will have to get rid of the cats!" I think I heard...
                    oh, the humanity of it all!

OMG, I know it is late and I am tired, but WTF?

Is this for real? Does anyone know? Kevin claims P.S. left his first wife under bizarre circumstances too (wouldn't speak to her; she had to deal with him through a lawyer etc). And I thought Desperate Housewives was brutal crap... appears that has been topped.

Comment

Well, it looks like my previous post (a little too frank perhaps) has garnered me a sound thrashing on the aforementioned website:

http://www.stockhausenvanishes.info/

It seems that I have now become part of the Chess community conspiracy in Canada that is protecting Peter Stockhausen, cheering him on in his apparent quest to impoverish his wife and daughter, yada yada yada.

Well, to set the record straight:

1. I have never met Peter S.

2. I think I spoke with him on the phone once many years ago when he was on the CFC Executive - perhaps when he was President? This was about his upcoming initiative to personally contact former CFC members and try to coax them back... never happened

3. I dont know (or care) where he is

4. I dont know Lynn Stringer

5. I do NOT endorse what Peter S. is alleged to have done

Peter's wife (whom I presume is the author of the text at the link above) is apparently not able to post here on Chesstalk; that is a shame. There is a severe lack of credible information about Peter S.'s disappearance and the innuendo bandied about on Spraggett's blog is hard to take.

Anyway, everyone judge for yourself what is or isn't going on... I am going back to my position of "dont care". I apologize for my previous rant - it was judgemental and somewhat flippant - much like me I'm afraid.

Comment

It's kinda funny how the "Canadian Chess Community" is often seen as extremely disfunctional, but now it's capable of a big conspiracy to hide someone many of us have never met!
                        Christopher Mallon
                        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                          It's kinda funny how the "Canadian Chess Community" is often seen as extremely disfunctional, but now it's capable of a big conspiracy to hide someone many of us have never met!
                          It reminds me of the old joke.

Q. Why do married men die before their wives?

A. Because they want to.

Like I told a friend. Never leave home without your chess books.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                            4. I dont know Lynn Stringer
                            Lynn Stringer is well know in BC for her tireless efforts in tournament chess. She helped during the Langley open where I was introduced to her. She can't believe what has been said about her and has been basically told to ignore the whole thing... She also stated that she is horrified about the 'pictures' that have been posted. Remember all that was posted is that she knew that Peter was alive... how this gets twisted into being a homewrecker is speculation at its worst.

Kevin does seem to have an ax to grind with the CFC... I can imagine what his 'report' is going to say... that being said, he has been promising this 'report' for quite awhile now and it almost seems like it is vaporware. I generally am amused with his blog but he certainly seems to hate most people associated with Canadian chess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
                              Lynn Stringer is well know in BC for her tireless efforts in tournament chess. She helped during the Langley open where I was introduced to her. She can't believe what has been said about her and has been basically told to ignore the whole thing... She also stated that she is horrified about the 'pictures' that have been posted. Remember all that was posted is that she knew that Peter was alive... how this gets twisted into being a homewrecker is speculation at its worst.

Kevin does seem to have an ax to grind with the CFC... I can imagine what his 'report' is going to say... that being said, he has been promising this 'report' for quite awhile now and it almost seems like it is vaporware. I generally am amused with his blog but he certainly seems to hate most people associated with Canadian chess.
                              "Kevin does seem to have an ax to grind with the CFC..." - you think? lol
                              Yeah, his shorts are in a bit of a twist. I couldn't believe the garbage about Stockhausen either and thought it was over the top. Then there was the video to boot (not on Kevin's blog but certainly prominently promoted from there). This is all too bizarre...

PS: I knew that information about Lynn but other than that all I knew was that the statement about 'knowing he was alive' was attributed to her. How it has progressed into the involvement of the Chess Community of Canada is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                              X