Kevin's at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: keeping me out of the K.S. Fan Club was correct

Well Duncan, if you *do* understand what could be done, why don't you go play hero and solve all the problems in this case. While you're at it, there are millions of other TOTAL STRANGERS around who could probably use your help as well.

You also didn't actually answer my question. "Where exactly has the "BC Chess Community" ever stated that they know where he is? What do you expect from them exactly?"
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Re: Keep the CFC out of our personal lives!

To be clear, the official statement(s) I was referring to would be very simple and not delve into any personal business. However, clearly the current situation will continue for quite some time ( the main public disclosures being from two blogs ) no matter what I think.
      Last edited by Duncan Smith; Thursday, 24th September, 2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I have a question.

If Peter has disclosed his whereabouts to a " friend " ( or more than one ), it seems obvious that he has done so only on the condition that the friend not disclose this to anyone ( and as Steve says, if no crime has been committed, then there is no obligation on the friend to notify the police ).

Is the friend bound by this " condition " so that they cannot notify the wife/daughter of his whereabouts? What are the obligations to keep his/her personal word to Peter not to disclose vs any general public obligation to try to assist the wife/daughter?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
          ... I hope when it's over that everyone connected in the local community has done everything possible they could to facilitate a good ending.
          I hope so, too, Duncan, on the basis that the key words in your comment are "connected" and "local community."
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

KL: “The only FACTS are that xxx has apparently ... ; he apparently has not ... “

Nice, Kerry. You continue to further a very, um, enlightened discussion by claiming to present the “FACTS”, each of which are preceded by “apparently”.

I trust you are not employed in the legal profession. ;-)

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              This is a private family matter. Peter is a chessplayer and consequently some of his friends are chessplayers. Expanding this as a "chess community issue", either locally or nationally is misplaced.

... Further public debate will only serve to exaggerate the families suffering.:(
              Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Graves View Post
                KL: “The only FACTS are that xxx has apparently ... ; he apparently has not ... “

Nice, Kerry. You continue to further a very, um, enlightened discussion by claiming to present the “FACTS”, each of which are preceded by “apparently”.

I trust you are not employed in the legal profession. ;-)

Charles
                Good point Charles - mea culpa. No IANAL. The reason I put in "apparently" is because some of that info came from Spraggett's blog. I am not sure he is relating the truth, but it seems clear that Peter S. *has* left his wife and daughter. Lynn Stringer *did* tell someone (was it Roger Patterson?) that Peter S. was not in any danger.

All of this is pretty bizarre and all I want to point out is that the ranting and raving of Spraggett and Karen Stockhausen is futile.
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Kevin's at it again!

Kevin has posted an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    I have a question.

If Peter has disclosed his whereabouts to a " friend " ( or more than one ), it seems obvious that he has done so only on the condition that the friend not disclose this to anyone ( and as Steve says, if no crime has been committed, then there is no obligation on the friend to notify the police ).

Is the friend bound by this " condition " so that they cannot notify the wife/daughter of his whereabouts? What are the obligations to keep his/her personal word to Peter not to disclose vs any general public obligation to try to assist the wife/daughter?

Bob
                    Hi Bob:

This is not something where the police are involved. As for your question, I would say that there seems to be this perception that there is somehow a public obligation to "do" something. This is a private matter, not a public one.

Very few people know what this situation is all about. All *we* seem to know is that a man walked out on his wife, probably walked out on his life, and the wife (who in one of her first blogs came very close to saying that the marriage was over two years ago) is choosing to take her case to the court of public opinion rather than Family Law court.

If some friend is "helping" the husband to "hide", they presumably have a better understanding of the facts than we do and are being guided by their own conscience in the matter. They may regard the wife's claims as a pack of lies, or they may regard them as twistings of the truth, or they may agree that they are substantially the truth and as a consequence are regularly counseling the husband to settle the matter fairly and openly. (i.e. "I'll give you a place to stay for a bit, but I think what you're doing is wrong.")

The only thing we do know, is that we really don't know anything.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                      The CFC (or the BCCF) has no business involving itself in the personal lives of it's members. Consider this hypothetical situation, image you were encountering family problems of your own, would you really want CFC officials discussing it in public?:o
                      You mean "CFC" doesn't stand for Counselling for Families in Crisis?

Steve

Comment

Re: Bat (Parasite) Research

I have some news to pass along regarding one Kevin Spraggett, Grandmaster of Chess.

For those of you who are not aware, Kevin is a leading authority on an endangered species of bats that inhabit remote caves off the coast of Portugal. For the past few weeks he has been leading a research team to an isolated coastal region investigating a microscopic parasite that infects the cranial region of this dwindling population of rare mammals. The team has a GPS for tracking but no cell phone or internet contact with the rest of civilization – the area is too remote.

So, while Degenerate #1a has been exercising seemingly poor discretion in promoting idle gossip of a personal issue, all the while suggesting that recent irrational website commentary on the matter is from Kevin Spraggett, Mr Spraggett has been conducting important scientific research and totally out of touch with the world as the rest of us know it.

This leaves us pretty much where we were about six years ago – with some bona fide (um, bona FIDE) nutcase impersonating Kevin and in turn deceiving many of my friends at ChessTalk into thinking that Grandmaster Spraggett suffers from dementia.

Charles Graves
                        #1 Kevin Spraggett Fan
                        Founder and President, Kevin Spraggett Fan Club
                        Not to mention... Proud Defender of Grandmaster Spraggett’s Honour

Comment

I have some news to pass along regarding one Kevin Spraggett, Grandmaster of Chess.

For those of you who are not aware, Kevin is a leading authority on an endangered species of bats ...
                          'Bat' Spraggett! I like it.

... that inhabit remote caves off the coast of Portugal. ...
                          They must be remote indeed.

... For the past few weeks he has been leading a research team to an isolated coastal region investigating a microscopic parasite ...
                          It could only be, the bat gnat.

... recent irrational website commentary on the matter is from Kevin Spraggett ... [who is] totally out of touch with the world as the rest of us know it. ...
                          I think you've hit the nail on the head, Charles (and never let it be said that I've ever misquoted or misrepresented someone else's position :) ).

Best regards,

Degenerate #1b
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

This leaves us pretty much where we were about six years ago – with some bona fide (um, bona FIDE) nutcase impersonating Kevin and in turn deceiving many of my friends at ChessTalk into thinking that Grandmaster Spraggett suffers from dementia.

Charles Graves
                            #1 Kevin Spraggett Fan
                            Founder and President, Kevin Spraggett Fan Club
                            Not to mention... Proud Defender of Grandmaster Spraggett’s Honour
                            Charles, are you saying the person to whom the domain is registered is responsible for writing what is posted on that blog? Behind all the Batsh*t, to which you allude, there is ultimately someone responsible for the content.

I don't know who is writing that garbage, but I do have an idea of the ability of the person posting the chess content. It looks pretty top notch to my tired old eyes.

Maybe we should get the resident detective working on "Naming that Nutcase". It's all too much for me. :)
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

[QUOTE=Charles Graves;14727] ... investigating a microscopic parasite that infects the cranial region of this dwindling population of rare mammals.../QUOTE]

Holy Hebert, Batman!

That's right, Robin, old chum. It's the Whine Flu virus, and it's targeting only high level chess players. It seems to spread when they sneeze at the paltry prize funds handed to them at prestigious chess events. Once infected, the victim has visions in which they are adulated by the general population, who appear to have genuine respect and admiration in their eyes.

It could only be the work of one evil mind... The Joker!

Precisely, Robin! There's not a tempo to lose! To the Bat Cave!
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Re : Re: Bat (Parasite) Research

For those of you who are not aware, Kevin is a leading authority on an endangered species of bats that inhabit remote caves off the coast of Portugal.
                                I prefer Kevin's real biography found on this site:

www.spraggett.com

There are also two nice photographs, including a giant one of Kevin standing near a fireplace, and this testimony written by Kevin's brother, Jim Spraggett:

"On my 23rd birthday, Kevin asked me to play Speed-Chess with him. Upon beating me 23 games in a row, with a playful smile on his face, he held his hand out, and said, " Happy Birthday, Jim."

Out of respect for Kevin, I will NOT list all the games that I have won against him. Although, I think most would agree, any one of those games, if ever found, could be quite valuable by now.

Kevin is a gentle, honest man, with a great sense of humour. It has been a very interesting and rewarding experience watching Kevin grow into the great Grandmaster he is today. It will always be a great honour to be his brother."

Comment

Working...
                                X