Kevin's at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok, this is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS!

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: PETER STOCKHAUSEN STILL TRAPPED IN LYNN'S BUTTOCKS!

Yes Anthony, I see your point... this caption along with the photo on KS's blog definitely hits the nail on the head. By the way, the photo was of two people that were not Stockhausen or Stringer, but nice try...

Roger Patterson played absolutely no part in the affair, all he did was give Karen the firm belief that Peter is still alive.
    Now go ahead and tell me that's not a sound refutation... the truth hurts, right Anthony?

Kevin Spraggett often uses parody in his blog. Pictures of unnamed people . But the message gets accross.

Your above statement about Roger Patterson is contradictory. One either plays a part in this or does not enter into the picture.

Interesting entry of PS lately. He does not tell anyone about his strange disappearance. " I'm ok people. Im still alive ". - would have been the 'normal' thing to do.

Final Point: this whole business is NOT a private matter although some wish it to be so. The RCMP , the newspapers, and the public at large have had their time wasted by this "scoundrel ". --- not to mention the harm to immediate family.

Choose who you wish to believe. I put my money on a Grandmaster, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post
      Final Point: this whole business is NOT a private matter although some wish it to be so. The RCMP , the newspapers, and the public at large have had their time wasted by this "scoundrel ". --- not to mention the harm to immediate family.
      Then let them seek redress (except the public at large - I don't see them having anything to do with this).

I feel sorry for your money.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The Grandmaster will take you under his wing and show you the proper road. That's OK, if you don't mind the smell of sweat.

I once saw a Grandmaster walking on ice on a lake at Kapuskasing. Being curious, I called out to the GM. "GM, why do you walk on the ice?" Back came the reply, "I'm practicing so I can do it in the summer." To which I replied, "I thought all real Grandmasters can walk on water."

Moral support is one thing but it's better to send money. Something one should do if there is real concern. Probably if you ask, Peter might give you an address where you can send him money.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Kevin is not a true Canadian!

Do you not believe in the freedom of speach? ( upside down Maple Leaf )

--- comment --- If you look at a Maple tree in the autumn, you may find many of the leaves to be inverted or upside - down. I think you are confusing burning the National flag which is an offense that traitors have done and are punished for.

Don't mix leaves with the national symbol - the flag.

Comment

Re: Kevin's at it again!

Tony,don't make Bryon out to be some kind of "victim".He came to realize that for the most part he was the author of his own misfortune.That was not the point I was trying to make.Someone mentioned the word "sycophant" and it saddens me to agree you are fitting that description.I only mentioned Bryon to illustrate K.S.'s hypocrisy.

Comment

Re: Character Assassination

More in keeping with the embarrassment to Canadian Chess has been the almost continuous chain of CFC Presidents and executive over the past 20 years that have turned the CFC into an empty tin can. Vent your anger at those that have ruined things, not at those that are analysing.

Kevin Spraggett is a great player, a true Canadian, sometimes bold, sometimes speculative , and NEVER boring. His viewpoint is rich in detail, and hard to refute. Sorry, but this man hits the nail on the head every time and like they say , " The truth hurts "
              Nice straw man argument... Say what you want about past CFC presidents, they at least tried to run the organization... KS just pisses in the wind...

Say what you want, KS is a recognized GM and has an audience world wide on his blog... he does ZERO research on his rants and posts his nonsense out of petty vindictiveness. An example of this is when he mentioned me as having no sympathy towards Karen + Silken... If he had even REMOTELY investigated (a link from Karens site would have shown it) he would have seen a link to my blog and where I have publicly stated my opinion in correspondence with Karen herself. As far as I am concerned, I am happy that KS doesn't play in Canada anymore... he should permanently get his GM status transferred to Portugal... They can have him. He wouldn't know 'the truth' if it hit him on the side of the head. He continues to post slanderous statements against Lynn Stringer even though both Lynn and Peter have publicly stated that they are false. I guess it must be safe to do so from another country to avoid slander charges. He also doesn't have THE BALLS to open his own blog up to comments so people can defend themselves. He is a coward in my opinion. Complete embarrassment to Canada...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
                Nice straw man argument... Say what you want about past CFC presidents, they at least tried to run the organization... KS just pisses in the wind...

Say what you want, KS is a recognized GM and has an audience world wide on his blog... he does ZERO research on his rants and posts his nonsense out of petty vindictiveness. An example of this is when he mentioned me as having no sympathy towards Karen + Silken... If he had even REMOTELY investigated (a link from Karens site would have shown it) he would have seen a link to my blog and where I have publicly stated my opinion in correspondence with Karen herself. As far as I am concerned, I am happy that KS doesn't play in Canada anymore... he should permanently get his GM status transferred to Portugal... They can have him. He wouldn't know 'the truth' if it hit him on the side of the head. He continues to post slanderous statements against Lynn Stringer even though both Lynn and Peter have publicly stated that they are false. I guess it must be safe to do so from another country to avoid slander charges. He also doesn't have THE BALLS to open his own blog up to comments so people can defend themselves. He is a coward in my opinion. Complete embarrassment to Canada...
                100% spot on.

Comment

Anthony,

Way to not answer the key points. You and KS belong together: He's the puppetmaster and you're the puppet.

Roger Patterson played no part in the affair. All he did was ease Karen's mind. How you or KS equate that as being part of the affair is completely moronic. Does that mean that if anyone says anything to anyone about the affair, they are all of a sudden at the centre of it?

You're way too blinded by the glittery GM sign that hangs out in front of KS's name for me to care about anything else you have to say.

Jordan
                  No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Jason, stop it man, you're starting to sound like me!! :)
                    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

• Re: Character Assassination

I look at your byline holding positions in two chess federations and the responsibility to do something falls far more on your shoulders then it would on me ( not even a member or a chess player ). Even something as little as encouraging your counterparts in BC to do something productive instead of going out of their way to pretend nothing happened.

I don't personally have any value for any more chess material. I presumed somebody might, I even remember some talk in the past about national archives and historical material like it meant something. The CFC is supposed to be more then a lameduck enterprise that rates games for a fee.

Comment

• Re: Ok, this is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS!

I don't know anything about you, Anthony, but please, this kind of statement is enough to make any thinking person sick. You could just say you put your money on Kevin Spraggett, and that would be fine, but by saying you put your money on a Grandmaster, you are implying that the Grandmaster title somehow adds credence to whatever that person chooses to say or write.

The Grandmaster title, and the IM title likewise, adds no credence whatsoever to what the titleholder thinks about world affairs or any other non-chess matter.

As for the issue of Spraggett himself, I thought there was some doubt raised as to whether these blogs are really (or completely) from Spraggett. Perhaps Spraggett is providing the chess-related portions, and someone else is adding the non-chess portions without Kevin's knowledge? Like Peter Stockhausen, perhaps Kevin will "emerge" suddenly, and will disavow any responsibility for the non-chess blogs?
                        Only the rushing is heard...
                        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                          As for the issue of Spraggett himself, I thought there was some doubt raised as to whether these blogs are really (or completely) from Spraggett. Perhaps Spraggett is providing the chess-related portions, and someone else is adding the non-chess portions without Kevin's knowledge? Like Peter Stockhausen, perhaps Kevin will "emerge" suddenly, and will disavow any responsibility for the non-chess blogs?
                          I am certain Spraggett is aware of the statements on his blog, and in fact, I believe his is the sole author. I rather doubt he would permit anyone to embellish the blog on his behalf. In any case, since his name is featured prominently, it is extremely unlikely he would allow some sycophant to post such rubbish.

No, this is the work of K.S. - somehow disavowing it now would make it all the more laughable - much like the oft-delayed or postponed 'report on Canadian Chess'. Doesn't anyone remember the huge report from a few years ago? What a crock that was; this new one likely will be just as pointless.

Comment

Why are you quoting me when your post has nothing to do with my point ?

You know, if you guys out west had addressed this situation in a more professional manner then you wouldn't have faced anywhere near as much grief as you did.
                            Last edited by Duncan Smith; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post

You know, if you guys out west had addressed this situation in a more professional manner then you wouldn't have faced anywhere near as much grief as you did.
                              we are still waiting for your cheque... Thank you once again for your interest and you backing your statements up with your own money...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                                I am certain Spraggett is aware of the statements on his blog, and in fact, I believe his is the sole author. I rather doubt he would permit anyone to embellish the blog on his behalf. In any case, since his name is featured prominently, it is extremely unlikely he would allow some sycophant to post such rubbish.

No, this is the work of K.S. - somehow disavowing it now would make it all the more laughable - much like the oft-delayed or postponed 'report on Canadian Chess'. Doesn't anyone remember the huge report from a few years ago? What a crock that was; this new one likely will be just as pointless.
                                Kerry, I can understand your believing this, but was Charles Graves' post about Kevin being on the coast of Portugal, and not having internet access, just Charles being facetious? I don't know, he seems to be a die-hard Spraggett fan.

On top of that, we also have many people who have posted saying that in all their dealings with Kevin in person, he was quite normal and non-antagonistic, quite unlike what his blog personality seems to be. There seems to be a real Jekyll-and-Hyde situation going on here. That seems to give viability to someone else having access to Kevin's blog site and posting the non-chess stuff.

As long as it's even remotely possible, we shouldn't condemn Kevin. Only problem is, how can we ever know the truth?
                                Only the rushing is heard...
                                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                                X