Kevin's at it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Assassination

When I first heard that Peter was missing, I called a mutual friend who assured me that Peter was well and that there was nothing to worry about and that there was no need to involve the police. I then gave this information to the BC Chess president who then posted this on chess Talk I have not seen Peter or talked to him for about ten years and there is no personal friendship whatsoever. All of these accusations against me are untrue.
    Lynn Stringer

Comment

Re: Kevin's at it again!

I'm sorry Lynn that you were coerced into having to explain yourself to certain parties in the chess community.When Bryon passed away,I was grateful for the outpouring of support and I know it helped me (and his family ) deal with his death. However,there were times during our twelve year relationship when we were experiencing problems that we both received unsolicited advice and /or criticism that caused us a great deal of stress.Most people are well meaning,but,unless assistance is requested directly,it is not our place to interfere.Bryon may have appeared flamboyant when in his cups, but underneath he was intensely private and guarded about his personal life.Peter's wife and child are in obvious need of financial assistance at present.Pehaps those who are in favour of intervention could make a donation to the cause.

Comment

Re: Character Assassination

Just to confirm Lynn Stringers post that there has been no “personal relationship whatsoever” between the two of us, now or in the past. Assertions/insinuations to the contrary, including suggestions of improper relationships between the two of us are false and I consider them slanderous. I find it hard to believe that any sound minded individual would give credence to such statements.
        Lynn Stringer and I have not seen each other in a number of years.
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Stockhausen View Post
          ... I find it hard to believe that any sound minded individual would give credence to such statements...
          Peter,

Then consider me a sound-minded individual. When I read the statements on KS's website, I considered to source, and immediately dismissed it as "KS just being KS".

Be well,

Jordan
          Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Sunday, 4th October, 2009, 08:37 PM.
          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Jordan,"KS just being KS "sounds "cutesy". This is character assassination as Lynn and Peter have stated .The list of K.S.'s victims is getting longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Stockhausen View Post
              Just to confirm Lynn Stringers post that there has been no “personal relationship whatsoever” between the two of us, now or in the past. Assertions/insinuations to the contrary, including suggestions of improper relationships between the two of us are false and I consider them slanderous. I find it hard to believe that any sound minded individual would give credence to such statements.
              Lynn Stringer and I have not seen each other in a number of years.
              Peter
              Not going to discuss any of the other issues raised, Peter? There are many more unpleasant things (in my opinion) being said about you than this.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
                Not going to discuss any of the other issues raised, Peter? There are many more unpleasant things (in my opinion) being said about you than this.
                Interesting that Peter should surface here, but I think the rest of the whole issue is very much none of our business once it was established that Peter was not in any danger (as was a concern initially).

The only interest I had in all this was related to the ridiculous posts of Kevin Spraggett and the outrageous claims he made on his blog - most of which has since been edited I see [oops: edited only to banish the more ludicrous claims to page 2 of the blog].

I hope Peter has made arrangements for his wife and daughter, but I am afraid that might not be the case... anyway, I hope they can sort out the situation.
                Last edited by Kerry Liles; Monday, 5th October, 2009, 01:46 PM. Reason: clarification of editing of KS blog
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  Interesting that Peter should surface here, but I think the rest of the whole issue is very much none of our business once it was established that Peter was not in any danger (as was a concern initially).
                  Outside of the narrow focus of this chess site, many people would disagree with you.
                  Last edited by Duncan Smith; Monday, 5th October, 2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                    Outside of the narrow focus of this chess site, many people would disagree with you.
                    Why? I don't see what connection this has with me (other than the fact that Spraggett slagged me and several other posters here with the "degenerate" label and generally implied many of us were involved in some sort of conspiracy...)

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                      Of course you as squeaky clean ... perhaps you wouldn't mind if someone took private matters that you have been involved in and dragged them into the court of public opinion... Let those who have no sin cast the first stone...

As for details on this subject, I can only suggest that things be resolved in the legal manner... from personal experience of people I know, the less that lawyers are involved the better things turn out!

Lets remember that the only reason this subject has been 'of concern' to those outside of this site in the chess world is because KS has proven that he will drag anyone through the mud for petty revenge on those he has perceived to have wronged him... I once respected KS but after this affair, I consider him an embarrassment to Canadian chess. I wonder how much respect he would get in the rest of the chess world if they saw at what depths he will go to exact revenge...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
                        . I once respected KS but after this affair, I consider him an embarrassment to Canadian chess. ...

More in keeping with the embarrassment to Canadian Chess has been the almost continuous chain of CFC Presidents and executive over the past 20 years that have turned the CFC into an empty tin can. Vent your anger at those that have ruined things, not at those that are analysing.

Kevin Spraggett is a great player, a true Canadian, sometimes bold, sometimes speculative , and NEVER boring. His viewpoint is rich in detail, and hard to refute. Sorry, but this man hits the nail on the head every time and like they say , " The truth hurts "

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post
                          More in keeping with the embarrassment to Canadian Chess has been the almost continuous chain of CFC Presidents and executive over the past 20 years that have turned the CFC into an empty tin can. Vent your anger at those that have ruined things, not at those that are analysing.

Kevin Spraggett is a great player, a true Canadian, sometimes bold, sometimes speculative , and NEVER boring. His viewpoint is rich in detail, and hard to refute. Sorry, but this man hits the nail on the head every time and like they say , " The truth hurts "
                          The truth is Portugal is a country with quite the past. Maybe we should all look at the record so we can decide for ourselves.

http://www.portugal-info.net/history/history-rulers.htm

A real democracy, that country...
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Kevin is not a true Canadian!

As the apologist for KS, one would expect you to support him.

KS is no true Canadian, witness the upside down flag on his website which is an insult to any and all Canadians. I ceased visiting it once I saw that. He seems to be a bitter old man (albeit, younger than me!) whose chess life is passing him by and he has now begun to seek out new ways to be noticed. He has reached his chess zenith but needs attention. I am sure he will one day publish his "memoirs" wherein he attacks each and every Canadian chess contact where he can imagine some slight from the past.

Please do not confuse other past Canadian chess problems with KS' problems.

Comment

The last time I saw Kevin was at the Canadian Open in Kap 2 weeks before Bryon died.As soon as he spotted me he wisked me off "for a drink" and proceeded to aprise me of all the evils of Canadian chess.What he was unaware of was that I had been apprised previously by a very reliable source that he was responsible for the efforts to keep Bryon off the olympic team which was later thwarted by the OCA and Ontario governors.Bryon also knew of this conspiracy and had confronted Kevin about it.He outright denied this fact and said that it was a Quebec GM responsible for the plot.As usual he invited Bryon and I to dinner that evening along with several others and was very solicitous.He told Bryon that he would like to spend a few days with us in North Bay between tournaments and Bryon was looking forward to it.Butter wouldn't melt.....Then Bryon passed away suddenly and the chess community rallied with tributes from as far away as Japan.Where was Kevin's tribute? Did he post on Chesstalk or the "dark" board to at least acknowledge a man he had known for over twenty years ?Did he contact Bryon's family where he had socialized in the past?Not a word! He had been given our address yet sent no note of condolence for this man he called a friend.There may be and probably has been some underhanded goings on at the CFC over the years .Bryon said many times that the politics was killing his beloved game.But,there are many people who have given their time and energy that have also fallen to Kevin's blade because they failed to prostrate themselves to the " god" of Canadian chess.Kevin also had done some kindnesses in the past for Bryon,and you know Tony that Bryon never forgot a kindness and he had forgiven Kevin for any recent wrongs.However,try as I might to be more like Bryon,I cannot forgive.I am trying to understand the bitterness and vindictiveness I have witnessed lately,but I cannot condone it.

Comment

You have valid complaints about the CFC but that sure as hell doesn't make Spraggett into a saint. His personal attacks are often without *any* merit and are apparently based on past grudges. His recent characterization of some of us as 'degenerates' merely because we chose to question Him makes him the joke. Perhaps he meant to help Stockhausen's wife and daughter, but I believe he caused more harm than good.

If he stuck to chess-related posts his blog would be worth reading; sadly, when he attempts to pontificate he falls down badly.

Comment

Working...
                                X