Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Character Assassination

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post
    His viewpoint is rich in detail, and hard to refute. Sorry, but this man hits the nail on the head every time and like they say , " The truth hurts "
    So, the guy calls me a "degenerate", and I'm supposed to refute it?

Comment

Re: Kevin's at it again!

Originally posted by Heather Carbone (Nickolof View Post
      Jordan,"KS just being KS "sounds "cutesy". This is character assassination as Lynn and Peter have stated .The list of K.S.'s victims is getting longer.
      Heather,

Character assissination? Victims? Are you serious?

Everyone's combined reaction of KS's blog article is embarrassing, much more so than KS's article itself. Why is everyone so hung up on what KS says about people? We all know he has a reputation for hurling false accusations, so why on earth are we still talking about him?

If you told me that KS wrote an article about me where he falsely accused me of having an affair, or committing a crime, or being involved in an immoral activity, I would not even consider reading the article or responding to it!

Ask yourself this: What is this outpouring of response on Chesstalk really doing about to help the cause? KS lives in Portugal, does not play chess in Canada nor for Canada, and he absolutely cannot be stopped from blogging by any authority here or abroad. So what exactly is all this outrageous reaction doing? Even if KS reads these posts, do you honestly think he would remove the offending article and apologize?

It's time to consider the source, stop talking about it, and move on already!!

Jordan
      No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Ok, this is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS!

More in keeping with the embarrassment to Canadian Chess has been the almost continuous chain of CFC Presidents and executive over the past 20 years that have turned the CFC into an empty tin can. Vent your anger at those that have ruined things, not at those that are analysing.

Kevin Spraggett is a great player, a true Canadian, sometimes bold, sometimes speculative , and NEVER boring. His viewpoint is rich in detail, and hard to refute. Sorry, but this man hits the nail on the head every time and like they say , " The truth hurts "
        BREAKING NEWS: PETER STOCKHAUSEN STILL TRAPPED IN LYNN'S BUTTOCKS!

Yes Anthony, I see your point... this caption along with the photo on KS's blog definitely hits the nail on the head. By the way, the photo was of two people that were not Stockhausen or Stringer, but nice try...

Here's one excerpt from KS's blog article I would like to point out: Roger Patterson fools himself into thinking that he has played no small part in this affair: but up until his post Karen, Peter's wife of more than 20 years, had already begun to accept that Peter was likely dead and probably a victim of foul play. Roger is not strong enough to admit to himself that the hope that his naive post had planted in the Stockhausen family is worse than any tragic news could have brought: for it was at this point that Karen realized that she and her daughter Silken were really the victims of an evil deed.

Roger Patterson played absolutely no part in the affair, all he did was give Karen the firm belief that Peter is still alive. And since we are now in the post-mortem analysis, I think it's pretty safe to say that Roger Patterson was correct and KS was WRONG since Peter recently posted a message here on Chesstalk so we all know that he is alive. So exactly how evil was Roger for planting hope in Karen's mind?

Now go ahead and tell me that's not a sound refutation... the truth hurts, right Anthony?

Anthony, your foolish cheerleading is doing nothing more than feeding KS's cause. That's far more embarrassing than anything else. KS makes baseless accusations, then follows them up with "... I will not bother to detail the horrible circumstances ..." That's definitely reporting that is rich in detail, wouldn't you agree Anthony?

Let me ask you one last question: by what standards to you base KS being a "true Canadian"? The man hasn't played a CFC tournament in over five years. He hasn't attempted to represent Canada in an Olympiad or the World Championships for several years. He has not lived in Canada for 20 years. His only contribution that I can see is writing chess articles, for which he gets paid. So what exactly does KS currently do for this country out of the goodness of his heart that qualifies him in your books as a "true Canadian"?
        Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 01:25 AM.
        No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Don't be too hard on Tony Jordan.He,like Bryon always wants to believe the best about people.Kevin draws you in like a confidant with his conspiracy theories and as long as he senses he has your rapt attention you are his new best friend, which might be construed as flattering to the uneducated.His mistake with Bryon was shredding a couple of the top players whom Bryon happened to like.I personally can't wait until his big expose on the evils of Canadian chess.I'm sure Bryon will be a target and if so,I can't wait to respond with a few of the tidbits I have garnered about his highness.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
            The truth is Portugal is a country with quite the past. Maybe we should all look at the record so we can decide for ourselves.

http://www.portugal-info.net/history/history-rulers.htm

A real democracy, that country...
            I wonder how this came about... or how Portugal's political history in any way relates to the rest of what's being discussed in this thread.

Alex F.

Comment

Don't be too hard on Tony Jordan.He,like Bryon always wants to believe the best about people.Kevin draws you in like a confidant with his conspiracy theories and as long as he senses he has your rapt attention you are his new best friend, which might be construed as flattering to the uneducated.His mistake with Bryon was shredding a couple of the top players whom Bryon happened to like.I personally can't wait until his big expose on the evils of Canadian chess.I'm sure Bryon will be a target and if so,I can't wait to respond with a few of the tidbits I have garnered about his highness.
              Heather,

I'm truly sorry that you continue to experience this nonsense, especially this long after Bryon's death. It really disheartens me that some people cannot just let things go and let the dead rest in peace. I saw Bryon a few times at tournaments and clubs when I lived in Toronto. He was nice to me, but I knew very little else about him other than what I have read online. I take the stuff that I read online with a very hefty grain of salt...

Jordan

Comment

Kevin Spraggett is a great player, a true Canadian ..."
                "A true Canadian" ? Funny. Actually Kevin has never lived anywhere in Canada but in Quebec, more precisely in Montreal. And he makes no secret of the fact that he hates Quebec. Is this what makes him a "true canadian" ? Personally I believe that whether he likes it or not, he is just an anglophone quebecer or more precisely an anglophone montrealer. Which is perfectly honorable.

Personally I love Kevin's blog. It is such good reading. He is undoubtedly one of our greatest fiction writer but he seems unaware of it. Of course problems arise when he uses real names, a few selected facts, lots of interpretations and wild guesses, to call fiction the "truth".

Comment

Re: Kevin is not a true Canadian!

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                  As the apologist for KS, one would expect you to support him.

KS is no true Canadian.

Please do not confuse other past Canadian chess problems with KS' problems.
                  Born in Canada. Educated in Canada. REPRESENTED Canada more times than can be counted. Congratulated by a Prime Minister ( Mulroney ), a world traveller always sporting the Canadian flag on boards where ever he goes to the present day.

Mister, where are you coming from?
                  Do you insult all overseas Canadians?
                  Do you not believe in the freedom of speach? ( upside down Maple Leaf )

--- comment --- If you look at a Maple tree in the autumn, you may find many of the leaves to be inverted or upside - down. I think you are confusing burning the National flag which is an offense that traitors have done and are punished for.

Other past Canadian chess problems: yes , we certainly have alot of baggage there dont we?
                  Last edited by Anthony Cheron; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I've misplaced my dictionary-- Can anyone help me with the spelling of "sycophant"?

Comment

you know Tony that Bryon never forgot a kindness and he had forgiven Kevin for any recent wrongs.However,try as I might to be more like Bryon,I cannot forgive.I am trying to understand the bitterness and vindictiveness I have witnessed lately,but I cannot condone it.
                      If there was one player that got the short end of the stick time after time, it was Bryon Nickoloff. He was watched, talked about, the CFC even made special rules for him ( ie. not more than 2 beer a day during the Olympiads ).
                      Those that knew him well ( I certainly did ) saw through the overlaying crap and saw a really good natured man that loved the game of chess.

Kevin mentions this a few weeks ago in his blog.

Kevin Spraggett however , unlike Bryon, likes to dabble in chess politics. And most people do not realize that he is a pretty good person too.

Comment

Kerry, if you don't understand why people might be upset, look at the muted response to Peter's appearance here versus how upset you are at what Kevin has posted.

Fact is, if we were to assess the probability that someone in the chess community has been in regular contact with Peter Stockhausen for months, it's very high. And no matter how bad the marraige was, or where people's allegiances lie, there has always been a moral obligation for the local chess community to help the family in their time of need. Someone could have bought that chess collection. Someone could have changed that recent chess benefit to help them instead. How hard are these steps ?
                        Last edited by Duncan Smith; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
                          I wonder how this came about... or how Portugal's political history in any way relates to the rest of what's being discussed in this thread.

Alex F.
                          When a Canadian living abroad heaps criticism on Canada and/or our institutions, it's important to understand what he finds more desirable. How can we change if we don't know the political history of the country where he lives?

I suppose we could fly Portugals flag upside down, but who would notice?

Do you have ties to Portugal? It's not my intention to offend you, or anyone from Portugal living in Canada. I guess the underlying theme here must be the Canadian chess scene vs the Portugal Chess Machine. Possibly we should be looking into the difference in how Canada and Portugal handle different aspects of chess as it applies to the citizens and immigrants to the respective nations. Would you like that better?
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Duncan... why didn't YOU fulfill this moral obligation you feel so strongly about by purchasing the chess collection?
                            Christopher Mallon
                            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                              Kerry, if you don't understand why people might be upset, look at the muted response to Peter's appearance here versus how upset you are at what Kevin has posted.

Fact is, if we were to assess the probability that someone in the chess community has been in regular contact with Peter Stockhausen for months, it's very high. And no matter how bad the marraige was, or where people's allegiances lie, there has always been a moral obligation for the local chess community to help the family in their time of need. Someone could have bought that chess collection. Someone could have changed that recent chess benefit to help them instead. How hard are these steps ?
                              Last I saw, the chess collection was $10,000 - I believe that was the price suggested on the stockhausenvanishes website. I am not a member of the 'local' chess community (I have never even been to B.C.)

Now that it is clear that Peter S. is alive and apparently well enough to post here, I think the matter is closed in the sense that it is simply a domestic dispute (gone off the rails big time, but domestic nevertheless)

It is also clear that Spraggett chose to take this opportunity to reopen an old conflict with Peter S. for his own amusement and along the way slag a number of other people. I now officially don't care.
                              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Kevin is not a true Canadian!

Anthony,

It seems you missed my message to you where I asked you very direct questions and pointed out clear flaws in your post, and in Kevin's blog. Look for the post titled, "Ok, this is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS!".

May I ask why you chose to respond to J. Ken MacDonald's post and not mine? I would be interested in reading your reaction and responses.

Jordan

Comment

Working...
                                X