the candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is difficult to speculate upon what is going on in our own heads, let alone in some else's, but it seems to me that Magnus is bored and may need new challenges in life that are not chess related. If he chooses to resign as world champion the match between Nepo and Ding will be something to look forward to. No one is bigger than chess itself and we do not need Magnus one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
      It is difficult to speculate upon what is going on in our own heads, let alone in some else's, but it seems to me that Magnus is bored and may need new challenges in life that are not chess related. If he chooses to resign as world champion the match between Nepo and Ding will be something to look forward to. No one is bigger than chess itself and we do not need Magnus one way or another.
      Perhaps Magnus is going to make a surprising appearance at the Canadian Open to contest for.... THE WORLD HOSTAGE CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

What an amazing thing that would be ... the World Chess Champion deciding to forego his title and try to get Hostage Chess going big time!

Sorry Hal Bond if you get hundreds of requests for entry into the Hostage Chess even, expecting Magnus to be there! LOL

Comment

Carlsen was given an "informal deadline" of July 20, International Chess Day, to make a decision about his title defense.

According to:www.chess.com, July 7, Article FIDE: 'Carlsen Never Demanded A Concrete Format'

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
          On the other hand, Magnus has been a tremendous ambassador for the game and if he decides another match with Nepo would be boring and pointless (I absolutely agree!) then that is his decision alone. A match between Nepo and Ding would be similarly uninteresting...

if Carlsen decides to skip the match perhaps FIDE can drop his title (fair enough) and then start over like in 1948 with a double or round robin of top players... I don't think a quintuple round robin would be necessary - better fewer head to head and more players?
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
          X