the candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the candidates

https://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-c...s-2022-preview The candidates start in two days, Thursday June 16th. Im rooting for the youngest three, Firoujza, of course, Duda, and Rapport.

Alireza probably has the most talent but I find that his endgame technique is not that strong compared to top gms. I think Ding and Fabi have the better chances. I hope Nepo won't win :-))
    When Ding is on his game, he is very very tough.

Comment

Ding lost very badly to Nepo today, my favorite goes bad early. It is not finished for him, but it is the 2nd candidates tournament, where he has a bad start. Congrats to Nepo. Firouza has a bad position, although not that bad and Caruana has a very good position against the streamer Nakamura.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-candidates-2022-r1 Nepo and Caruana start out with wins and lead after round 1.

Comment

Does anyone have a favourite broadcast? In the old days we had none of this, now we have choices. I watched Chess.com yesterday and enjoyed Hammer. Today I will go with Saint Louis.

Comment

Ive always recommended St. Louis but I have a bias.

Comment

In round 1 Nepo had a beautiful finish against Ding.
              I doubted Nakamura's play with the bare naked king but it took great persistence from Caruana to pull off the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                Does anyone have a favourite broadcast? In the old days we had none of this, now we have choices. I watched Chess.com yesterday and enjoyed Hammer. Today I will go with Saint Louis.
                I like the way Judith and Jan are analyzing together today. You might want to give them a try.

Comment

My (noob) prediction is : Duda.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

I like the way Judith and Jan are analyzing together today. You might want to give them a try.
                    I found myself flipping around trying to stay on the Nepo-Caruana game. Too bad it was not fully played out.

Comment

Rd 2 Firoujza hung tough and got the draw.
                      Nakamura had triple connected passed pawns on the queenside and even Houdini couldnt stop him.
                      Nepo and Caruana could have played on a little more.

After 2 Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.

Comment

Rd 3 A quiet day. All draws. Maybe Ding had a chance to win. Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                          Rd 3 A quiet day. All draws. Maybe Ding had a chance to win. Nepo and Caruana still lead by half a point.
                          Firouzja sacked a piece on move 16, Naka spent 42 minutes finding a reply, and you say "a quiet day". You've been talking to my wife, haven't you?

Comment

Chuckle, chuckle. Yes that was the one game with fireworks and brilliant calculation by Nakamura at the end saved the game. (Obviously i wasnt watching the game.)

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/fide-candidates-2022-r3 Here is analysis on what Ding missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X