X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Rodrique-Lemieux - U18 WORL CHAMPION

Congrats!!!!!!!!

http://chess-results.com/tnr655571.a...et=YES&flag=30
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Friday, 16th September, 2022, 09:47 AM. Reason: WORLD CHAMPION

Awesome!!!

Comment

Fantastic, some nice wins to look at!!

Comment

A brilliant performance! Congratulations Shawn Rodrigue Lemieux World Champion!

Comment

FIDE regs show this as winning U18 counting as a GM norm. As much as I've railed against FIDE's automatic titles, the U18 seems like one that would be worthy of the direct GM title.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
            FIDE regs show this as winning U18 counting as a GM norm. As much as I've railed against FIDE's automatic titles, the U18 seems like one that would be worthy of the direct GM title.

That is reserved for U20 (otherwise no one will want to go there)

Comment

Shawn is 17 and has a bright future in front of him. Every time I go to the Montreal chess club and I see him, he has improved. Lots of natural talent plus hard work makes great results. That was Kevin Spraggettt successes. Shawn has a bright future. Let's go Shawn !

Comment

Congratulations to Shawn!!! An exceptional performance!!!

I am hoping Shawn will choose to leverage this result into a possibility for a chess scholarship to the U.S., where certain schools offer these. GM Pascal Charbonneau, a Montreal star from a previous generation, did this successfully. This way he will create additional options for himself, going forward.

Comment

Hearty congratulations to Shawn! What a phenomenal achievement!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Andre Beaudry View Post
                    ... That was Kevin Spraggettt successes. ...
                    I didn't quite follow what you meant by this, Sir : did you mean GM Spraggett had a combination of natural talent & hard work too , or that Shawn is being coached by him ?

BTW, out of curiosity, does anyone know if Shawn is working with a coach/coaches or individually ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shawn.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	221793
                      Attached Files

Comment

Coverage by CBC: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...pion-1.6587477

Comment

Great press for our current Canadian chess celebrity! Congratulations Shawn! May you ride the wave of success to the grandmaster title!

Comment

So nice to have to happy chess news! I hope Shawn can score one of his GM norms in Canada. We may not have much time!

Comment

It won't be difficult to find the player of the year this year 1st place in all his tournaments. An outstanding year for the young man. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X