Niemann - Carlsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niemann - Carlsen

Carlsen resigned after 1 move against Niemann in the Julius Bauer Generation Cup. Either MC is out to ruin Niemann's repution... or his own reputation.

Niemann now lives inside of Cry Baby Carlsen's head, ha!

The game was 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 ... 1-0

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        I rest my case.
        LOL! You need facts to have a case. We still don't have Carlsen's side of the story. Maybe he's sending a message to organizers, like this: if you're going to knowingly invite cheaters to your tournaments then don't expect everything to run smoothly!! Carlsen is standing up for the integrity of the game.

p.s. What's Niemann standing up for? "Good Vibrations?"
        Last edited by Peter McKillop; Monday, 19th September, 2022, 04:28 PM.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I think the possibility of both Carlsen and Hans in on this, for the purpose of creating drama/viewership is not as crazy as it sounds. Carlsen also has vested interest with all his chess entities.

These days it's all about creating contents (regardless if it's fake/staged/etc.), ask any youtuber/streamer.

Comment

I have another explanation- maybe Rod Serling has become God.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
              LOL! You need facts to have a case. We still don't have Carlsen's side of the story.
              The FACT is that Carlsen has now withdrawn from an event, while intimating that Niemann cheated to beat him, and then resigned against the same person on move two. These FACTS alone are in my view a demonstration of improper conduct. You may disagree with me about my assessment of Magnus, but you are not entitled to your own FACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                Carlsen resigned after 1 move against Niemann in the Julius Bauer Generation Cup. Either MC is out to ruin Niemann's repution... or his own reputation.
                How has it become OK to deliberately throw a game? Carlsen should be disqualified from the tournament. Oh wait, he has some financial interest with the organizers? Come on, this is garbage.

All I have seen is Niemann admitted to (and apologized) for some online cheating when he was younger (he is still only 20 no?)
                I think that if this is what is bothering Carlsen then Carlsen needs to get a grip. IF Carlsen has evidence of something else, put up or shut up.
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The FACT is that Carlsen has now withdrawn from an event, while intimating that Niemann cheated to beat him, and then resigned against the same person on move two. These FACTS alone are in my view a demonstration of improper conduct. You may disagree with me about my assessment of Magnus, but you are not entitled to your own FACTS.
                  Now, now. I'm not claiming to have my own facts. I simply made the point (factual) that we don't have Carlsen's side of the story yet.
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Now, now. I'm not claiming to have my own facts. I simply made the point (factual) that we don't have Carlsen's side of the story yet.
                    Fair enough, but my concern is precisely that. He knows that Niemann is being tossed under the bus, and he precipitated it, and he allowed/allows it to continue. This is in my view reprehensible, whether or not we have his side of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

How has it become OK to deliberately throw a game? Carlsen should be disqualified from the tournament. Oh wait, he has some financial interest with the organizers? Come on, this is garbage.

All I have seen is Niemann admitted to (and apologized) for some online cheating when he was younger (he is still only 20 no?)
                      I think that if this is what is bothering Carlsen then Carlsen needs to get a grip. IF Carlsen has evidence of something else, put up or shut up.
                      Well said, I agree completely.

Comment

Would you believe that Carlsen's home supercomputer has determined that 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 is losing for Black in all variations?

Your answer: "I find that rather hard to believe."

Would you believe .... his iPhone told him his biorhythm chart was entirely negative for that day?

Your answer: "Not really."

How about .... his abacus broke and all the beads fell off?

Ok seriously, this would be a GREAT time for Magnus to announce to the world that he's migrating to Hostage Chess, the invention of Canada's John Leslie, and will finance a new world federation for Hostage Chess. Wow, what an earthquake in the chess world that would be!

Right now, the World Hostage Chess Champion is Canada's Shawn Rodrique-Lemieux. Maybe Magnus will challenge him?

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/is-han...regan-analyzes Ken Regan declares Hans Niemann is not cheating.

Comment

Fair enough, but my concern is precisely that. He knows that Niemann is being tossed under the bus, and he precipitated it, and he allowed/allows it to continue. This is in my view reprehensible, whether or not we have his side of the story.
                            At this point I do agree with you on one thing: the longer this carries on with no explanation from Carlsen, the worse he looks. Carrying on from your line of thought, could it be that Carlsen WANTS to throw Niemann under the bus but, since he isn't king and doesn't control all the strings, he needs to manoeuvre others into helping him? There is an old adage that is applied to marriages - once a cheater, always a cheater. Maybe Magnus is thinking the same thing about Niemann and chess. Seriously, who needs a self-proclaimed cheater in the chess world? In one recent article Niemann said something like, "But I'm clean now." Who cares? Once a cheater, always a cheater! There aren't enough talented but struggling young players in the world? Do we really have to give up precious spots in elite events to people like Niemann? Food for thought.

Comment

Everyone can keep demanding that Carlsen explain himself or make outright claims. Legally you cannot do this without proof or open yourself to liability. That doesn't preclude him from personally being 100% convinced that there's a reason he doesn't want to play this player and believing the chess world should not have Niemann in it.

Soon organizers will realize they have a choice:

Invite both, and have the integrity of the event irrevocably tainted by a 2 move resignation
                              Invite Niemann but not Carlsen
                              Invite Carlsen but not Niemann

I have a feeling I know what the choice will be, so Carlsen will get his way and achieve what he believes is the moral right.
                              Last edited by David Ottosen; Tuesday, 20th September, 2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X