Niemann - Carlsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Kasparov agrees with me, there should be a delay in the transmissions of events, this would preclude outside help.
    Garry Kasparov on Magnus Carlsen: His behavior was unacceptable! - YouTube

Comment

Here is extremely incriminating evidence showing that Hans Neiman cheated. The analysis showed that for a period of over six entire tournaments, the correlation of Hans Neimans moves to a computer were over 75%, with multiple games at a 100% correlation. No GM has ever even had a single game with 100 percent correlation. When Bobby Fisher, at his peak, won twenty games in a row on his way to the World Chess Championship, his correlation was 72% and no 100% correlations.
      Most games with top GMs will show an average correlation of 60%-65%..
      The problem with Ken Rogan's analysis is he looked at all of Hans Neiman's games instead of this specific "magical period" of these recent tournaments. The probability of Hans Neimans not cheating and getting this result would be like getting a royal flush in poker several times in a row,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...5nk/edit#gid=0

Ken Rogans Analysis
      https://cse.buffalo.edu/~regan/chess.../data/Niemann/
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 2nd October, 2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Sid, if this evidence is proof, then Neimann is the stupidest cheater in history. How could anyone use the computer for the entire game and hope to get away with it? Is not the point to find a move here or there and play the rest of the moves with your own ability? Chess needs to delay all transmissions to prevent outside help, and then see how Niemann does when it is certain that he is on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
          Sid, if this evidence is proof, then Neimann is the stupidest cheater in history. How could anyone use the computer for the entire game and hope to get away with it? Is not the point to find a move here or there and play the rest of the moves with your own ability? Chess needs to delay all transmissions to prevent outside help, and then see how Niemann does when it is certain that he is on his own.
          Brad, why are you saying "if", I posted the results that are part of the ChessBase database. You can run it yourself and it will show you the correlation. Would you like to argue that the sun does not rise in the east next?

By the way, we have no idea what type of technology he deployed or how it works. What we do know is that the correlation between his moves to the computers was statistically, for all practical purposes, impossible.

I suspect it could be a state-sponsored experiment with chip implants replete with CPUs and memory storage and even visual pattern recognition
          capabilities.I am not at all convinced that transmitting and receiving is how this thing works.
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 2nd October, 2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post

Brad, why are you saying "if", I posted the results that are part of the ChessBase database. You can run it yourself and it will show you the correlation. Would you like to argue that the sun does not rise in the east next?

By the way, we have no idea what type of technology he deployed or how it works. What we do know is that the correlation between his moves to the computers was statistically, for all practical purposes, impossible.

I suspect it could be a state-sponsored experiment with chip implants replete with CPUs and memory storage and even visual pattern recognition
            capabilities.I am not at all convinced that transmitting and receiving is how this thing works.
            Sid, I did not argue anything, as you quoted, I said "if". You have not offered an opinion as to why Niemann is the stupidest cheater in the world. Which state may have sponsored this?

Comment

Sid, I did not argue anything, as you quoted, I said "if". You have not offered an opinion as to why Niemann is the stupidest cheater in the world. Which state may have sponsored this?
              It is irrelevant as to "why" or "who", that is speculation. What is not speculation is that the moves are there for all to see with a statistically impossible correlation and we have no idea how it was done.
              Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 2nd October, 2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Here is extremely incriminating evidence showing that Hans Neiman cheated. The analysis showed that for a period of over six entire tournaments, the correlation of Hans Neimans moves to a computer were over 75%, with multiple games at a 100% correlation. No GM has ever even had a single game with 100 percent correlation. When Bobby Fisher, at his peak, won twenty games in a row on his way to the World Chess Championship, his correlation was 72% and no 100% correlations.
                The problem with Ken Rogan's analysis is he looked at all of Hans Neiman's games instead of this specific "magical period" of these recent tournaments. The probability of Hans Neimans not cheating and getting this result would be like getting a royal flush in poker several times in a row,

Ken Rogans Analysis

Shocking Flaw in the Hans Niemann '100%' Game Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPn4X9cLW0

Oopzy oops!!!

Niemann didn't need cheat to beat Carlsen. What's even better than that? You are able to PROVE otherwise.

Again since you seem to believe so deeply in chess engines ...

And there's more ... I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                  Niemann didn't need cheat to beat Carlsen.
                  Carlsen threw the game (in Saint Louis), thus in essence it is he who is the cheater.

Comment

What is not speculation is that the moves are there for all to see with a statistically impossible correlation and we have no idea how it was done.
                    Humans use these engines to study and prepare, it is reasonable to assume that sometimes the games will simply fall into their preparation. Maybe Niemann is very well computer prepared and had a run where many of his games followed lines, or at least patterns that he had already studied with the computers.

Comment

Oopzy oops!!!

Niemann didn't need cheat to beat Carlsen. What's even better than that? You are able to PROVE otherwise.

The author of this video attempts to define what the Chessbase analysis of correlation is. He quoted another author that says if even one of many engines used correlates, then that is the definition. He then asks the author of the video and Nakumars for clarification on this point. Sorry, but he did not claim an "aha!": moment. Furthermore, even with ChessBase's definition of correlation, the other GMs are significantly lower using the identical ChessBase analyzer.
                      The so-called "flaw" does not address that issue.

Comment

Humans use these engines to study and prepare, it is reasonable to assume that sometimes the games will simply fall into their preparation. Maybe Niemann is very well computer prepared and had a run where many of his games followed lines, or at least patterns that he had already studied with the computers.
                        If that were the case, you would expect similar results from the other GM's. Niemans is off the charts in comparison. Keep in mind we are not talking g about opening preparation only. We are talking about 45 move games where every move correlates using the ChessBase correlation algo. Using the same chessbase algo with other players no GM has 100% correlation in any game, never mind several games. Not even close.
                        Hopefully you have watched the video as it is a really interesting.

Comment

The author of this video attempts to define what the Chessbase analysis of correlation is. He quoted another author that says if even one of many engines used correlates, then that is the definition. He then asks the author of the video and Nakumars for clarification on this point. Sorry, but he did not claim an "aha!": moment. Furthermore, even with ChessBase's definition of correlation, the other GMs are significantly lower using the identical ChessBase analyzer.
                          The so-called "flaw" does not address that issue.
                          Originally posted by Neil Frarey
                          Again since you seem to believe so deeply in chess engines .
                          I have never stated my beliefs with respect to chess engines. I stated a fact that chessbases analyzer has a much higher correlation for games then other GM's using the same analyzer.
                          Apparently, Nakumarsa and Carlsen, and many others have a problem with that. So ii am not alone in this.
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 2nd October, 2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I have never stated my beliefs with respect to chess engines. I stated a fact that chessbases analyzer has a much higher correlation for games then other GM's using the same analyzer.
                            Apparently, Nakumarsa and Carlsen, and many others have a problem with that. So ii am not alone in this.
                            Many people like @adad8m @acherm or @NikolaosNtirlis have correctly pointed out that my calculation based on Regan's ROI of the probability of the 6 consecutive tournaments was false. And I now get it.

Yosha Iglesias
                            Kasparov is on Niemann's side of 'innocent until proven guilty' regarding his (Niemann's) win over Carlsen. But Niemann's online cheating sure makes life more interesting, ha!

Sure hope Hans didn't need to cheat to beat Magnus.

Comment

Ken Rogans Analysis

His name is Ken Regan, not Ken Rogan, which you typed in twice.

As someone who has spent considerable time (using my Game Performance Rating [GPR] methods) on analyzing top-level games and compared moves to moves chosen at high search depth (anywhere from 32 to 50 ply depth) by the latest Stockfish engine, I can say a few things about all this.

100% correlation may not mean as much as you think. For example, the situation in which neither player is playing for a win. At the top levels of chess, many games fit into this category. The players might not admit it, and the game may have gone 40 or more moves, giving the appearance both players were trying for an edge, but the reality is they were not.

In this situation, it can be easy to achieve very high correlation because a game can have many plies where there is only 1 or 2 or 3 solid moves, and the other moves that are not outright bad are at least risky and would only be played by someone trying to create complexities (and thus trying to win by forcing a mistake out of their opponent, at the risk of the opponent not making a mistake and achieving an advantageous position).

So in not playing for a win, both players simply choose these solid moves, ply after ply, and the game results in a colorless draw. Very high correlation to an engine like Stockfish is then likely, as I have seen firsthand. I have had to disqualify some games from GPR rating altogether.

This to me is as big a problem at the top levels of chess as cheating. And if cheating is not really happening (over the board), which i still consider possible with all the top 100 or so players, then this problem is bigger than cheating and threatens the long-term viability of top-level chess.

What is possible is that Neimann could be cheating on only specific moves, key moves that can dramatically change a game's direction. So let's say for 30 moves, each player is playing the solid moves and each player knows this and can sense that the game is going to be an agreed draw. Then suddenly Hans, IF he is cheating, decides (at a moment when a solid move would rank 2nd to a really strong move) to engage his cheating method and find the really strong move, and plays it.

I am not claiming this is happening. But I will say that in a court of law, DNA matching is not absolutely 100% certain, but is strong enough to justify a verdict based on that matching. Therefore there must be a number of correlations at which Hans COULD be considered guilty of cheating, and similarly a number at which he could be considered innocent of cheating.

I think 6 consecutive tournaments is a large enough sample size... BUT if there was indeed 100% correlation in ALL the games of the 6 tournaments, we would have to disqualify the games which could be considered a colorless draw, i.e. an entirely risk-free game from BOTH players.

I don't know if Ken Regan considers this in his methods, but I would bet he does.

Comment

Oopzy oops!!!

Thanks NF, I really appreciate this post and video!!

(note that as of right now, both links are the same)

Comment

Working...
                                X