2023 Canadian Transnational Championship (CTN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been the venue for B+R before, seems it's close to High Park, is there any suggestion on parking? I heard many stories about parking near High Park, especially on weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Hello Hugh, the current expectation is that for all three time controls, there will be separate Crown and General sections. Note the Crown sections have very many higher-rated players.
      Could you please confirm this.
      I entered the Rapid expecting a chance to play titled opponents. If it's going to be only U2200s then I can't justify taking the time away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post

Could you please confirm this.
        I entered the Rapid expecting a chance to play titled opponents. If it's going to be only U2200s then I can't justify taking the time away from home.
        While Aris/Salim will confirm for sure; I got impression if you have FIDE <2200, then you go to U2200 blitz/rapids.

I planned to come, however other commitments popped up.

Good luck with the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

While Aris/Salim will confirm for sure; I got impression if you have FIDE <2200, then you go to U2200 blitz/rapids.

I planned to come, however other commitments popped up.

Good luck with the event.
          Correct Egis, given registration predictions, those are the current expectations.

Comment

Hi Salim:

I've looked but I can't find when there is the registration cut-off (Maybe I missed it?).

Or are there on-site entries still being taken on Friday late afternoon?

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Hi Bob,
              My understanding is that, for the Rapid and Blitz, we may allow players to register the day of, without guarantees of that person being paired in Round 1.
              The pairings for the Blitz will only be available in the morning.
              Alex Ferreira

PS (edit) - that is, for the General Section, NOT the Crown Section.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post
                Never been the venue for B+R before, seems it's close to High Park, is there any suggestion on parking? I heard many stories about parking near High Park, especially on weekend.
                Could take the subway to Dundas West or Go train to Bloor.

Two blocks north of site 45 spots at St. Stanislaus Credit Union
                https://annexchessclub.com/resources...%20parking.jpg

A local suggested the inexpensive parking ($10?) at the Lithuanian House, Alhambra Ave. one block west of Dundas west at Bloor. Walk or take 504 streetcar down.

General parking
                https://www.google.com/maps/search/P...n-CA&entry=ttu

Comment

Thanks Alex.

Any info on the Montreal Classical leg: General Section?

Bob A

P.S. I know you may not be involved re the Montreal leg, and someone else may have to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    Thanks Alex.

Any info on the Montreal Classical leg: General Section?

Bob A

P.S. I know you may not be involved re the Montreal leg, and someone else may have to answer.
                    Here's the list of all entries in all "General" events (C=Classical - 71 entries as of today). No divisions by class announced yet: CTN Updated General List (annexchessclub.com)

Comment

Thanks Hugh - I had seen the list with tournaments Coded.

I was specifically interested in when the registration cut-off was for the Classic-General, if there was one.

Bob A

Comment

Blitz results: https://chess-results.com/tnr776217.aspx?lan=1&art=4

Comment

Live games from the CTN Rapid:

https://lichess.org/broadcast/canadi...und-1/wC5NiMzV

Comment

Awesome result in the blitz by Shawn Rodrigue-Lemieux!

Comment

Good morning! Games from Round 4 to 11 of the CTN Rapid today: https://lichess.org/broadcast/canadi...und-4/yE4FmmUg

Games between 10 am and 8 pm. A 2-hour break between 2 pm - 4 pm.

Comment

Enjoying the games!

Comment

Working...
                                X