Toronto 2009 vs 2008 Large Weekend Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toronto 2009 vs 2008 Large Weekend Tournaments

Egidijus: I can't promise. Sorry. However, I know Erik(Malmsten) tabulated some of those details a while back for the GTCL area for at least one year. Since you are some kind of IT guru, my impression, is there a way to port the CFC crosstables from
    their website to a person's computer and end up with nicely lined up colums and useful data?

Wilf Ferner

Comment

Originally posted by Wilf Ferner View Post
      is there a way to port the CFC crosstables from
      their website to a person's computer and end up with nicely lined up colums and useful data?
      Brutal way - copy + paste. (as there is a limited and not large number of tournaments probably the easiest way)
      and advanced - write scripts.

Comment

In the "Searching for Bobby Fischer" movie the scene of the final tournament looks a lot like the Great Hall. Does any one know about this?
        Is this not the Great Hall? Are the exterior shots (near the end) of Hart House?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQdE_2tBqk

Comment

Egidijus: I did the analysis re unique players participating.

In 2008 with 500 starts it was 253 unique players or 1.98 tourneys per player

In 2009 with 875 starts it was 385 unique players or 2.27 tourneys per player

Adding 2008 and 2009 with 1375 starts it was 466 unique players or 2.95 per
          player

Wilf Ferner

Comment

Working...
          X