Jonathon Berry mentioned in Moron's blog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jonathon Berry mentioned in Moron's blog...

In all honesty, I read Kevin's blog, and while it's quite obvious that the majority of his posts on chess in Canada are (to put it mildly) extreme and biased, I found the posting on the actions by the French selection team to be well stated. I think that if someone other than Kevin had posted it (say Day or Berry), then there probably would have been nods of agreement.

If all of his posts were like this one or like his game analysis, then I would not hesitate recommending it to others. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Comment

I happen to agree with you Garland.I admit I was taken aback that he did not take the opportunity to slam Bryon.There may be a shred of humanity somewhere afterall.I expect unlike the CFC constitution,the French constitutuion on the rules of selection are more clearly defined to cover situations of this kind.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
        That's partially correct. However, it was NOT the selection committee that was influenced by Spraggett - it was whoever did the rating group picks.

The selection of the committee was not invalid in any way as there were no criteria from which to pick. If the committee had wanted, they could have named anyone as their selection (though obviously a ridiculously stupid pick could have been overruled).
        The understanding we had was that three were to be chosen by rating.If any of the three were unwilling or unable to go,the next person on the rating list would be contacted.We were told that the selection committee felt it was their mandate to chose an additional person if one of the top three by rating would not accept.In the final analysis (I'm not sure of the exact numbers) ,say,numbers 4 through seven were overlooked when you chose number eight.The process itself should have been clear and not ambiguous.I don't follow your statement that "there were no criteria from which to pick" I would think if I were chairing said committee,the first order of business would be to draw up same.You mentioned in an earlier post that you were not obligated to contact those who were not chosen.How would you feel if you were number four on the list,number three having declined,and you subsequently find out number ten was selected.Let's just say that a similar situation did in fact occur and whether or not you are aware of it,the excrement did in fact hit the fan.For future reference I would have recommend a change to the rules of selection making it clear "unnaceptable behaviour " was clearly a cause for ineligibility,and,stipulating whether the rating list must be exhausted before the selection committee is allowed to chose.Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
          In all honesty, I read Kevin's blog, and while it's quite obvious that the majority of his posts on chess in Canada are (to put it mildly) extreme and biased, I found the posting on the actions by the French selection team to be well stated. I think that if someone other than Kevin had posted it (say Day or Berry), then there probably would have been nods of agreement.

If all of his posts were like this one or like his game analysis, then I would not hesitate recommending it to others. Unfortunately that is not the case.
          Very well stated Garland. I think many of us can agree with that. The posts related to chess (with the exception of the obvious posts) are very, very high quality. It is unfortunate that he cannot stick to that. Even some of the humour is quite good too (he obviously knows how to use a search engine to find topical photos from the 'net)
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Stop mentioning his name please

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
            Thanks for that brilliant analysis Sherlock. If you don't want to hear about Slaggett, you should be able to adapt your strategy accordingly.
            Anytime, thanks for the passing on the inuendo and mud slinging.

Comment

Hey, maybe Kitich is pulling our leg(s)... I didn't think of that possibility.

Clearly J.B. seems to have just shaken off Spraggett's monumental gaffe, and I am sure he is capable of dealing with it. My intention was to make sure that apologists like Tony do not trick people into thinking Spraggett is merely poking fun - it seems quite clear the remarks about Lynn and Jonathon are way over the top. There is no obligation to click on a link nor is there any obligation to read or participate in any thread on this forum (especially when the title of the thread seems quite clear).
              You and Heather may want to get on the same page, are you now accusing Tony as being an apologist for Spragget or are you a good friend of his and just pulling his leg like Heather says.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Carbone (Nickolof View Post
                Poor Tony-LOL! Tony for your info is a very good friend of mine and we constantly pull each other's leg.We pulled some terrific stunts together on Bryon.He knows I mean him no disrespect as I noted in one of my posts.However,I do resent it when some moral "know-it-all" tries to censor opinions to which I am entitled,particularly when he is not obligated to read same.I have honoured Jonathon's request however as I respect him,and have not mentioned his name since he asked.If I choose to make a "spectacle" of myself,and in doing so entertain some viewers ,that is entirely my business.The moderator of the site is the only one who can ask me to cease and desist.The sheer gall of someone dictating what others can discuss is mind boggling.
                How I am I censoring you? Post whatever you like and I'll do the same. It's a free country for both of us. Post nonsense and I'll call it like it is. You continue to post with JB's name in the subject line and keep this thread going. Sorry if its nonsense I'll remark that its nonsense, no apology from me that's for sure and no backing down either.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Carbone (Nickolof View Post
                  Poor Tony-LOL! Tony for your info is a very good friend of mine and we constantly pull each other's leg.We pulled some terrific stunts together on Bryon.He knows I mean him no disrespect as I noted in one of my posts.However,I do resent it when some moral "know-it-all" tries to censor opinions to which I am entitled,particularly when he is not obligated to read same.I have honoured Jonathon's request however as I respect him,and have not mentioned his name since he asked.If I choose to make a "spectacle" of myself,and in doing so entertain some viewers ,that is entirely my business.The moderator of the site is the only one who can ask me to cease and desist.The sheer gall of someone dictating what others can discuss is mind boggling.
                  I would say the majority of people on here don't know of your close friendship with Tony. I'm sure most of them are convinced now that he's in cahoots with Spraggett. With friends like you... I'm glad to hear that Tony is not.

Comment

Hey, maybe Kitich is pulling our leg(s)... I didn't think of that possibility.

Clearly J.B. seems to have just shaken off Spraggett's monumental gaffe, and I am sure he is capable of dealing with it. My intention was to make sure that apologists like Tony do not trick people into thinking Spraggett is merely poking fun - it seems quite clear the remarks about Lynn and Jonathon are way over the top. There is no obligation to click on a link nor is there any obligation to read or participate in any thread on this forum (especially when the title of the thread seems quite clear).
                    By the way, any chance you will be apologizing on here to JB, just a thought, not something I think you would do but a decent person would, especially after JB's remarks.

Comment

• Re: Stop mentioning his name please

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
                      I would say the majority of people on here don't know of your close friendship with Tony. I'm sure most of them are convinced now that he's in cahoots with Spraggett. With friends like you... I'm glad to hear that Tony is not.
                      Knowing Tony,he might be pulling all of our legs !

Comment

• Re: Jonathon Berry mentioned in Moron's blog...

I've had some complaints about this thread. My apologies for being such a tardy moderator. Any quick suggestions? I don't want to have to read the whole thing, sorry, ....
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

My suggestion: close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                            I've had some complaints about this thread. My apologies for being such a tardy moderator. Any quick suggestions? I don't want to have to read the whole thing, sorry, ....
                            A moderator read the thread? Don't do that. Just close it.
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                              a tardy moderator. Any quick suggestions? I don't want to have to read the whole thing, sorry, ....
                              as a punishment you must read and close :D

Comment

• Re: Stop mentioning his name please

Are Anthony Cheron and Tony Boron one and the same?
                                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                                X