Isle of Man 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caruana a beautiful win of knight and bishop over rook.

Comment

• Anna Muzychuk - nicely played queen and pawn endgame to squeak out the win and clear first. Vaishali vs Goryachina was a draw.

Comment

• Vidit played a nice pressure endgame to overcome reisistance from Niemannn.

Comment

• L'Ami made Wojtaszek work for it but eventually he was ground down. And so L'Ami's unbeaten streak come to an end. Still a fantastic first half for Erwin! and in reward he made it into the top 100 in the world for the first time.

Comment

• The leader board keeps changing. There is now an 8 way tie for first at 4.5 out of 6.

Comment

• Top pairings for round 7: Wojtaszek v Caruana, Nakamura vs Predke, Sindarov vs Vidit, Erigaisi vs Esipenko

Hans Niemann vs Shawn RL
              Last edited by Hans Jung; Monday, 30th October, 2023, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Top pairings for women for round 7: Goryachkina vs Anna Muzychuk, Assaubayeva vs Vaishali, Maria Muzychuk vs Stefanova, Tan vs Tsolakidou

Comment

• Shawn RL at the half has played six 2600+ GM's, four of them in the top one hundred in the world and has a 2700+ performance rating! WoW!

Comment

• A lot of underperformers in this tournament so far. Noteworthy are: MVL, Gukesh, Pragga.

Comment

• Tomorrow (Tuesday, October 31st) is a rest day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                        Tomorrow (Tuesday, October 31st) is a rest day.
                        This is good, I'm exhausted. Also, my wife thinks that perhaps I shouldn't be spending 6 hours a day looking at my laptop.

Comment

• Im glad you are smitten by the chess atmosphere at Isle of Man John. Maybe you could tell your wife that tournament happens only once a year.

Comment

• https://en.chessbase.com/post/grand-swiss-2023-r6 especially Vidit's analysis against Niemann.

Comment

• Rd 7 Shawn RL is involved in a tense endgame with Niemann.

Couldnt Shawn have played 39...Rxg2+ 40.Kh1 Rb2?
                              Last edited by Hans Jung; Wednesday, 1st November, 2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Gukesh finally gets his first win of the tournament (in rd 7!)

Comment

Working...
                                X