Isle of Man 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.chessbase.com/post/grand-swiss-2023-r4 Round 4 report.

Comment

Rd 5 L'Ami continues to add to his great tournament score with a draw against Artemiev.

Comment

Shawn RL looks to be doing quite well against Chucky - bishops of opposite colours late in the middlegame.

Comment

Hans Niemann against Firoujza started a long combination with 16...Nxf2. Who has seen further?

Firoujza could not take any of the pawns offered from move 23 to 25. Quite the trapper Hans is.
          Last edited by Hans Jung; Sunday, 29th October, 2023, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Shawn has a winning opposite colored bishops endgame against Ivanchuk. Incredible go Shawn.

Comment

Shawn won! Congratulations.

Comment

Alice Lee played the legend Pia Cramling and got a good lesson.

Comment

Assaubayeva won an incredible attacking game as Black against Tan to vault into first place!

Comment

Donchenko took the offered queen sacrifice and lost to Mishra's active pieces.

Comment

Sometimes I dont understand Shirov's games but he knows how to mate even with reduced material. Check out his beautiful finish against Amar.

Comment

Maghsoodloo had a fine finish against Sadhwani.

Comment

Yakubboev beautiful knight endgame against Grandelius.

Comment

Hans Niemann ended up winning the exchange for a pawn after a twenty move combo but couldnt convert in the endgame. Good fortune gets Firoujza the draw.

Comment

Lovely play in the endgame by Erigaisi

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                                Sometimes I dont understand Shirov's games but he knows how to mate even with reduced material. Check out his beautiful finish against Amar.
                                Yes, it took me a second to understand Rxa7+! I am sure his opponent missed it also, but Shirov was most likely winning in any case. Go Alexei!

Comment

Working...
                                X