Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Khanty Quack

Originally posted by Nic Haynes View Post
    Isn't Karjakin a Russian citizen, or at least moving there or something?
    He got Russian citizenship recently, but his FIDE affiliation is still with Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Very good! That sounds like a formula, for success! :)

As a chess player, you should figure out why I do so ;)

Comment

Gelfand strikes again - this time against Karjakin. The man is on form! Pono and the physicist (Malakhov) drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          As a chess player, you should figure out why I do so ;)
          Galfand's handling of the black pieces in round 6 game 1 against Karjakin is admirable!! He offered a pawn then attacked aggressively on the kingside. Gelfand did not take the Re4, preffering instead to increase the pressure with Qf3 on the weakened kingside of Karjakin. There was no hope for Karjakin after Gelfand's rook controlled the 7th rank.

As for the Physicist Malakhov, his game is pretty solid.

What i am interested to see is the second game tomorrow. I hope Malakhov play e4 and Ponomarov defends with e6 -which i blled as "the fissioning of the French ". I hope to see how Malakhov will bombard the French set up with neutrons.
          Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Monday, 7th December, 2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Khanty Quack - Boris and...

So Boris is through to the finals, winning a second game from Karjakin.

The other match between Pono and Malakhov brings back some memories of 2005. I was doing the Grischuk - Ponomariov tiebreak. Ruslan is the more aminated figure but on that occasion at least, he was also the calmer of the two and prevailed. Their waterglasses told the story. Despite his attempts to conceal it, Grischuk's shaking was transmitted through his waterglass.

Malakhov is at the other end of the scale - very stoic. I wonder whose waterglass will betray their outward calm.

Comment

Working...
            X