The GTCL website allows the TDs post their tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GTCL website allows the TDs post their tournaments

Another benefits to allow TDs to post the tournaments will increase the GTCL website's visit traffic. The higher traffic rank, the higher value to gain for the GTCL website.

That's the main reason, which I encourage people to post their chess information is providing the convenient way to serve chess community better.

When the GTCL website has the higher rank in the chess sites and it can absorb more and more people eyeballs, which could offer TD's to advertise their tournament effectively.

Another reason, that is William is just a volunteer to do this job. If people think to keep GTCL lower or no cost to run this website, I am seeking the best solution now.

The website rank is changing every day by their traffic. GTCL site is above 1,500,000 and my goal is to bring the rank around 1,000,000 in 2010, so, please help us to pull the website's rank getting higher.

Remember, Mom never refused to prepare a snack for her kids but the kids need grow up and take responsibility for himself and take care for the family, including Mom.
    Last edited by William Yuan; Wednesday, 17th February, 2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by William Yuan View Post
      The website rank is changing every day by their traffic. GTCL site is above 1,500,000 and my goal is to bring the rank around 1,000,000 in 2010, so, please help us to pull the website's rank getting higher.
      Google "chess Toronto" gives me the GTCL at the first place, and I think that the ranking goal is near.
      chess Toronto events - 1
      chess Toronto tournaments - 1
      chess Toronto clubs - the first page (needs to be improved, mea culpa :o

Probably you are analyzing the Alex statistics and making some precautions.
      Top Keywords from Search Traffic:
      1 cup of chess 2.31%
      10. janky promoters online 1.33%

Comment

I always knew that the chef prepared the meals but I chose what I ordered.

Why should I be dictated how I advertise my tournaments.
        All I need to do is let you at the GTCL know that I'm running a tournament.
        If you want to telegraph it to the masses that is your site's responsibility not mine.

But I'm not talking about my tournaments I'm talking about some one who has played chess for many years and never used a compute. There are many seniors that I work for who are afraid of that taboo word INTERNET.

If these non-computer savy people want to run their own tournament and want others to come first they need an email address then they have to join your GTCL site then they have to Become a TD and apply for a Role then post their tournament etc etc etc. Why can't they just write you a snail mail letter?
        All they want is people to come and play in their tournament they don't want to contribute to a website, to some that means a spider's nest.
        When you get 39 TD's advertising on your site then I'll consider asking to get a TD role card. You need to read about Howard Ridout if you want to see how chess grew in Toronto and flurished. But that was long ago before the GTCL.
        I know how great the GTCL has not been over the year's. That is one reason I do not support the GTCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          Google "chess Toronto" gives me the GTCL at the first place, and I think that the ranking goal is near.
          chess Toronto events - 1
          chess Toronto tournaments - 1
          chess Toronto clubs - the first page (needs to be improved, mea culpa :o

Probably you are analyzing the Alex statistics and making some precautions.
          Top Keywords from Search Traffic:
          1 cup of chess 2.31%
          10. janky promoters online 1.33%
          We only use Alex to see the traffic rank. The keywords from Search Traffic is provided by our site's host, here it is:

Search Keywords (Top 11)
          416 different keywords Search Percent
          chess 298 17.6 %
          toronto 185 10.9 %
          2010 58 3.4 %
          open 41 2.4 %
          guelph 39 2.3 %
          club 37 2.1 %
          winter 24 1.4 %
          am 24 1.4 %
          pro 22 1.3 %
          tournaments 22 1.3 %
          tournament 22 1.3 %

If you are still confused our GTCL site's keywords stuffs, just use your No.10 keywords to search and see if you can find GTCL website. I have no clue why your No 10 keyword appears on the Alex's website.

Comment

I have no clue why your No 10 keyword appears on the Alex's website.
            Add +toronto +chess to those words at yahoo.com and you will get the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
              I always knew that the chef prepared the meals but I chose what I ordered.

Why should I be dictated how I advertise my tournaments.
              All I need to do is let you at the GTCL know that I'm running a tournament.
              If you want to telegraph it to the masses that is your site's responsibility not mine.

But I'm not talking about my tournaments I'm talking about some one who has played chess for many years and never used a compute. There are many seniors that I work for who are afraid of that taboo word INTERNET.

If these non-computer savy people want to run their own tournament and want others to come first they need an email address then they have to join your GTCL site then they have to Become a TD and apply for a Role then post their tournament etc etc etc. Why can't they just write you a snail mail letter?
              All they want is people to come and play in their tournament they don't want to contribute to a website, to some that means a spider's nest.
              When you get 39 TD's advertising on your site then I'll consider asking to get a TD role card. You need to read about Howard Ridout if you want to see how chess grew in Toronto and flurished. But that was long ago before the GTCL.
              I know how great the GTCL has not been over the year's. That is one reason I do not support the GTCL.
              Hi John,

I would like happy to help the seniors you above mentioned, who is going to run a chess tournament. Is that everything you ask me to offer my extra volunteer time to help those senior Canadians? No problems, just tell them my email. webmaster@torontochess.org

Best Regards

William Yuan
              The Director of Communications of GTCL
              http://www.torontochess.org

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Add +toronto +chess to those words at yahoo.com and you will get the answer.
                It's not news to me, that "toronto" and "chess" are our 1st and 2nd keywords from the search traffic to reach our site.

Comment

We already ran the tournament. It was not CFC rated.

Comment

It's not news to me, that "toronto" and "chess" are our 1st and 2nd keywords from the search traffic to reach our site.
                    You should see why you have in the 10th place those strange keywords, too ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X