Trolling for chess cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trolling for chess cash

Where are your pictures?! Come on! Here is a trailer for Funky Forest to stimulate your imagination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWq0MBQ2lwU

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
      Where are your pictures?! Come on!
      A picture of what? A cribbage board, the beach, the money or my secretary, Miss HatchetHead?
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDJdpD0VcI

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
          I've got slow dialup so this stuff doesn't work for me. Too slow.

I figure if I'm sending at a slow speed people don't have to read all that fast.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
            Certainly you can continue your bi-annual habit of criticizing the results of Canada's two Olympiad teams. This is what we expect from you. We all have to remember you are just a "fan" with no experience yourself at the event.
            You have about as much chance of qualifying as I do. And I read your idea that the Canadian women Curling teams "choked" at their events ( winning silver and bronze, no choke involved really ), and it just reminded me you have a very negative tendancy that flairs up concerning elite women's sporting events.

I have already invited you to be that "fool" and try Curling. TSN was reporting 1 million people play Curling in Canada. I think the figure may be a little high, but there are a ton of people playing. Trying to criticize Curling is almost a nonstarter, I can confidantly state that the number of members and the revenue involved absolutely dwarf any form of chess in Canada. The fact is if every single chess player in Canada actually hated Curling and joked about it all day it would have zero impact on Curling. Chess on the other hand needs all the friends it can get right now.

An observer might ask why on earth you are watching Curling if you hate it so much. You share this habit with at least a couple other people on this forum.
            People have a right to watch teams or individuals which are representing Canada. In most case, they are, at least in part, paying for it with their tax dollar. Registered charities are everyone's business. So are events where the government pays for training and pays for medals.

By your argument you wouldn't have any idea if your were eating a bad egg because you can't lay one.

I don't know why we are lucky enough to have you entertain us when there are just so many curlers awaiting your talents.

Do you know what "choking" is? It's blundering away a game you should have won, to a weaker player or team. As an example, in the World Championship, Germany was the better team so we aren't talking the gold medal. The hammering they took from Scotland was another matter. Luckily they were able to "resign" after 8 ends.

In the Olympic gold medal game, it was a choke.

If you were watching the same games I was they were putting up the hit and draw percentages and comparing them to the percentages in the earlier part of the event.

Probably you've guessed I'm long past the age where I'll defeat a child at chess simply because I don't like her father and then post the game on the message boards. You know, ex-Olympian loses to 70 year old while he dozes.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Gary, you are clearly delusional you haven't won a meaningful otb chess game in decades. Throw in that sunny disposition and why on earth would anyone ever want to play you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                Gary, you are clearly delusional you haven't won a meaningful otb chess game in decades. Throw in that sunny disposition and why on earth would anyone ever want to play you ?
                That's what I thought. You're backing away so fast you'd better be careful you don't fall on your brains.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                X