Chess Insight from the Great Paul Bonham...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Insight from the Great Paul Bonham...

Paul,

I love your posts lately; they are full of wisdom and great insight and they clearly elucidate which posters are worth listening too and which to ignore. Keep them coming; and just ignore all the petty people that are not smart enough to recognize your brilliance.

I eagerly monitor chesstalk each day in the hopes of being enlightened by your rational, well thought out dissertations. To reduce the time that I must spend in searching for this amazing analysis that you display perhaps you could copy all your posts onto this link also.

It is only a matter of time before other people on this site step up to the plate and come around to understand and appreciate your posts. It is my hope that they respond to this post with praise of their own.

Your fervent follower,
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul Beckwith; Friday, 28th May, 2010, 12:14 AM. Reason: Changed my mind again...

Re: Chess Insight from the Great Paul Bonham...

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
    Paul,

I love your posts lately; they are full of wisdom and great insight and they clearly elucidate which posters are worth listening too and which to ignore. Keep them coming; and just ignore all the petty people that are not smart enough to recognize your brilliance.

I eagerly monitor chesstalk each day in the hopes of being enlightened by your rational, well thought out dissertations. To reduce the time that I must spend in searching for this amazing analysis that you display perhaps you could copy all your posts onto this link also.

It is only a matter of time before other people on this site step up to the plate and come around to understand and appreciate your posts. It is my hope that they respond to this post with praise of their own.

Your fervent follower,
    Paul

There's so much flattery here, it MUST be a PSYCHE!

I'm serious, I don't know if this is for real. No one else has recognized in my posts anything but the opposite of what you are claiming. Even our mutual friend Bob Gillanders turned against me! He's still my friend (I hope).

Well, if you are being for real, maybe Hebert has TWO "Pee Bee"s to worry about? But no, I don't want to drag your name into the Hebert mudslinging. Please, everyone, Paul Beckwith did NOT say anything about Hebert.
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Paul,

Your posts lately have no substance at all. All you are trying to do is put people down and insult them. You seem to have a serious obsession problem; what has happened to you. Maybe you need to up the dosage of your medication; or perhaps even find a new doctor. STFU with your mindless rabble. No one wants to hear your complete dribble. Take a break, get a life. You are even slagging old friends like Bob G. Go to the US site instead; aren't you still living down there.
      Drop your personal vendetta's against Jean, Steve and others. Take a hike. Go and invent a new game with Bob G.

Paul

P.S. This message is sponsored by Jean and Steve and Bob to deflect Bonham's anger from them to me. After a few days I am sure that someone else will make a post that POs Paul B and deflects his anger off me...
      LOL! Good one Paul! I knew it wasn't real. :D

I will be taking a break, a permanent one from the likes of everyone on this forum, you included. It was Bob G who got me into this mess in the first place, he didn't warn me how warped everyone on this board is.

Deflect anger? Naw, can't be bothered. You would have done better to cosign Steve Douglas' post!

Good luck with your carbon nanotubes! :D

P.S. unlike most people, I am not on any medications.
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Paul,

What do you really want to accomplish with your recent posts? If you are trying to change the chess world then you may consider changing your tact. If you are trying to annoy as many people as possible then you are succeeding. It is not clear what you want to accomplish.

You seem so angry at other people all the time. Do you not realize that it is next to impossible to change the minds of other people. Why spend hours composing lengthy posts in trying to obtain the moral high ground in an attempt to always be right and correct perceived misconceptions in others. What is the point of getting angry and insulting other people; does it not just make them angrier?

Perhaps it is time to reread the book "How to win friends and influence people".

When was the last time you went to the gym to vent off some of this anger? Ever do yoga or deep-breathing exercises for stress relief?

How do you expect anyone to believe that you will quit this board cold turkey when you seem to revel in picking apart peoples comments line by line with multiple posts each day?

Just wondering?

Paul

Comment

Paul Bonham 11:59 post:
          I'm serious, I don't know if this is for real.
          Well, if you are being for real,
          Paul Bonham (11 minutes later):
          I knew it wasn't real.
          Self contradictions???

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
            ...I am not on any medications.
            No surprise there.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Is there any value to be had in this thread?

Comment

Answer: Yes.

Now STFU. :-P
                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

I didn't know there was a T in the acronym for Simon Fraser University, Tom. I learn something knew every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                    Is there any value to be had in this thread?
                    Yes. I learned that Paul Bonham has vowed to stop visiting this forum.
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Paul Bonham
                      ...I am not on any medications.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                      No surprise there.

My doctor tells me the brain damage is all in my head.

Sorry I made you jealous, Gary. Cheer up, there's a VERY BRIGHT light at the end of the tunnel vision!
                      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                        My doctor tells me the brain damage is all in my head.
                        I once read a book on performing neurosurgery. Would you like me to help? :)
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Making a mountain out of a molehill

Paul,

What do you really want to accomplish with your recent posts? If you are trying to change the chess world then you may consider changing your tact. If you are trying to annoy as many people as possible then you are succeeding. It is not clear what you want to accomplish.

You seem so angry at other people all the time. Do you not realize that it is next to impossible to change the minds of other people. Why spend hours composing lengthy posts in trying to obtain the moral high ground in an attempt to always be right and correct perceived misconceptions in others. What is the point of getting angry and insulting other people; does it not just make them angrier?

Perhaps it is time to reread the book "How to win friends and influence people".

When was the last time you went to the gym to vent off some of this anger? Ever do yoga or deep-breathing exercises for stress relief?

How do you expect anyone to believe that you will quit this board cold turkey when you seem to revel in picking apart peoples comments line by line with multiple posts each day?

Just wondering?

Paul

I know you're just baiting; to you my opinions are mindless rabble.

Like my subject says, you and Bob and Steve Douglas are making a mountain out of a molehill. Steve's "wedding reception" diatribe was juvenile BS, just him trying to appear clever. I pretty much made mincemeat of that, huh? Poor Bob, he sounded flabbergasted. Now, HE's the one that should up his meds, it seems. Maybe he had a real high opinion of Steve or something, and was surprised how easily I turned Steve's "clever" analogy (3 exclams, no less, from the peanut gallery!) into mush.

But just so you know, I don't feel anger. I do feel frustration (a totally different emotion, not necessarily leading to anger) when people can't discern good logic from bad, or when people are total hypocrites. You've misdiagnosed me, Dr. Beckwith.

As to all the "why?" questions, I supplied this last night to Peter McKillop:

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...23499#poststop

And my main question to you is: What's it to you? If you hadn't noticed, EVERY regular poster on this board insults others periodically, sometimes deliberately, sometimes not. For me to be centered out in your post is silly.

Also, I don't remember you chiming in on the future of chess in Canada at all. You're only reason for being here is to advance your own cause (AGW), that's perfectly clear. "How To Win Friends and Influence People", that's your kind of psychobabble, not mine.

We all have our faults and I'm reminded of the laugh I got when you claimed that all the "Vlads" on this board are Russian, because of their first name. Should I have interjected and asked why you feel such anger towards Russians? Well, that's how ridiculous you look with your post to me.

Yes, I will be doing a last post. And I promise I won't mention the H-word. Neither will it be any kind of "summary" of past posts nor a "state of the confusion" kind of thing. There is a major point I want to make about the game of chess, but it will take me some time... hopefully this weekend.

And after that, I might visit once in a while, but no more posting. I swear on a stack of Cher Final Farewell Tour tickets, collected from the last 20 years! :)

Hey, Steve: how's the old ego doing, there, boy? You didn't (couldn't?) respond to any of my logic, so I'm sure it's doing fine. But I can outdo you any which way to Sunday.
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

so could someone make me a list of people on Jean's side and against him? Just so I can see how this board's members are divided.
                            University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Hi Adam. What does it matter? And why do you suggest just the two categories? Perhaps there are people who see some merit in many of the arguments.
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                              X