Chess Insight from the Great Paul Bonham...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Insight from the Great Paul Bonham...

The issue is not wether one agrees with one or the other, it is wether the conduct of one in particular is .... well I like the wedding vignette. But both parties have a bad case of LastWorditis.

Comment

Re: Making a mountain out of a molehill

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
      I
      But just so you know, I don't feel anger. I do feel frustration (a totally different emotion, not necessarily leading to anger)
      That's utter stuff and nonsense, of course. That or a lie, take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post
        That's utter stuff and nonsense, of course. That or a lie, take your pick.
        Thank you for telling me my own emotions, Dr. Seedhouse. Between you and Dr. Beckwith, I'm starting to feel better now. :D
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Two Types of Typers

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
          And why do you suggest just the two categories?
          Because, to quote Bentham from memory, there are two types of people, those who believe there are two types of people, and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
            The issue is not wether one agrees with one or the other, it is wether the conduct of one in particular is .... well I like the wedding vignette. But both parties have a bad case of LastWorditis.
            Quite funny. :)
            However, why is it that in this case you give the impression that not only YOU too would like to have the last word (which in my opinion is almost natural), but that to do it you are even willing to be totally unfair to one of the parties, then showing a really unwanted trait of character ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              Thank you for telling me my own emotions, Dr. Seedhouse. Between you and Dr. Beckwith, I'm starting to feel better now. :D
              If you keep pretending you aren't angry when you actually are, you'll eventually end up in the hospital, or jail. Anger is a normal healthy human emotion when you learn how to deal with it properly. Pretending you aren't angry when you actually are isn't how you deal with it. And it doesn't fool anyone, either.

If you are never angry you are not a human being or any other sentient being that evolved on this planet.

They call them "Anger Management" sessions, not "Anger Elimination" sessions, for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                Hi Adam. What does it matter? And why do you suggest just the two categories? Perhaps there are people who see some merit in many of the arguments.
                I guess their would be many sections of people depending on which subjects people either agree or disagree with Mr.Hebert.

Jean Hebert seems to be a major figure head on the site, receiving both endless praise and unending criticisms and insults.

I just wish to know which people view the current Canadian Champion in a positive light and those who view him in a negative one.
                University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Do a poll :)

Comment

I just might do that. but I wonder how I should word it so that it doesn't offend either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                      Do a poll :)
                      For how long have you been into polls ? 1963 ? Hasn't done much good. :)

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
                      -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Jean doesn't that quote apply to you? people have complained about the CFC for years because it does have many shortcomings and now you are doing the same thing and expecting a different result (I hope). Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Comment

For how long have you been into polls ? 1963 ? Hasn't done much good.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
                          -Benjamin Franklin

....Jean Hebert

My definition of insanity is if you see something while mostly everyone else see something completely different. I have actually never done a poll. What's with the 1963? What's with the "Hasn't done much good." ? What are you trying to say?

Comment

Vlad your definition of insanity is based on interpretation? what about art, or critical thinking/analysis in literature? Is someone insane just because his opinion of the message of a poem is different from a large group of people? is free-thinking a sign of insanity?

"There is a fine line between insanity and genius". Not sure who said this...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
                              Jean doesn't that quote apply to you? people have complained about the CFC for years because it does have many shortcomings and now you are doing the same thing and expecting a different result (I hope). Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
                              If your aim is to follow into PB's footsteps, you are doing good.

It is very good for a man to talk about what he does not understand; as long as he understands that he does not understand it.
                              – Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Comment

I don't plan to follow in anyone's footsteps, but you obviously have a problem with the CFC, so do I. I'm just saying that you are the one following in the footsteps of others who also have come to the same conclusion about the CFC as you and I, but you are expecting a different result then your predecessors but still utilizing the same actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X